Tally Health - A new biological age testing Company

Any idea how well your result compares to other tests… like the Levine Phenotypic calculation or the Aging.AI score?

1 Like

No idea, this was first foray into age testing.

2 Likes

Eric Verdin, president and CEO of the Buck Institute for Research on Aging in Novato, California, is excited about the potential for biological aging tests—and his institute is one of several groups developing them. “They are great research tools,” he says. “But this is still early days for these tests. In my opinion, they’re not ready for prime time.” For one thing, he says, it’s not clear if all of the tests on the market have been validated by other scientists. Verdin also cautions that these tests haven’t been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration and aren’t regulated.

1 Like

Create a new account with the email address they used to tell you that your results are ready

I’m a little disappointed here because Dr Sinclair had been talking about how this new technique could find an epigenetic age for much cheaper and the tests would be $15 each. It appears they’re about the same price as other epigenetic tests and they’re pushing people into a subscription that includes a somewhat wacky “longevity supplement”.

3 Likes

I think they realised if they charged 15 USD, they wouldn’t make a profit.

1 Like

Insider: I’m 36, but a “biological age” test told me I’m almost 42.

1 Like

What is the access code we need to sign up for the free test?

That was a year ago - I’m sure its expired now. They’ve launched their program now for a monthly subscription fee.

1 Like

I would stay away from Tally health. They are shady. They are trying to sell you unproven supplements to slow down epigenetic aging and the epigenetic age tests they sell are not as well validated as those of some of their competitors. True Diagnostics wrote a good piece pointing out some of the reasons why the Tally health biological age test isn’t so good. While True Diagnostics are of course biased, since they are a competitor selling biological age tests too, I found them to be making some good points.

Silencing the Noise Open Letter - TruDiagnostic™ (wpengine.com)

3 Likes

I had my biological age tested by Viome in February 2022. Results came back 7 years younger than my chronological age (65 vs 58). I participated in Tally’s original age test in February 2023 and my results were only 10 months younger than my current age of 66. Unless anyone needs specific details, suffice it to say, throughout the year in-between the two tests my lifestyle, eating habits, sleep habits, exercise habits, supplementation, etc. have been approached with optimal health in mind. Either the testing is flawed or all this lifestyle-change I’ve embarked on has aged me in the wrong direction. I feel the same (healthy) as when I embarked on this lifestyle change, so I don’t have that as a comparison. All my bloodwork was/is excellent. Of course, my bias leads me to belive it’s those darn flaws tests. :wink:

2 Likes

I personally am more inclined to functional tests than the epigenetic testing systems. There are so many issues with methylation testing and in the end what everyone wants is for their bodies to function more effectively.

Whether any one of the testing companies is better than another is a separate issue. Some are probably better.

However, we should be looking for functional tests (of which there are a lot). This, of course, includes tests of biomarkers. However, we need to remember there are always issues with some biomarkers.

1 Like

I took 3 different tests and got 3 different answers that were all way off mark. However if you averaged them all together, you get my real chronological age. So, that shows you how way off these tests are.

Of course I am hoping the one that pegs me at 20 years younger is the accurate one.

2 Likes