Starting rapamycin next month - 27 years old

8mg dose 2 days ago. No side effect. Decided not to fast this time.

I notice the pimples on my neck are still here after like 4-5 weeks. I suspect this is caused from rapamycins ability to slow wound healing. Nothing crazy though. They are like 90% healed. Just healing/fading very slowly.

1 Like

Same problem here. The pimples on my neck were darker while on Rapamycin but have lightened up during the 3 weeks I have stopped. Not a big deal though. Just annoying.

Same for the rash on the back of the hand, although that has lightened up more.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Sounds exactly like mine. the pimples on my neck were much darker/red 5 weeks ago. They’ve lightened up a lot and almost faded but very very slowly. Haven’t experienced any rash on my hand mainly just pimples on my neck/leg area. Keep us updated when they fully clear up. If mine don’t clear up within the next 2 weeks I may cut back on my dose until they fully disappear on my neck.

2 Likes

Your red pimples are not healing quickly - it’s a side effect. Your body is trying to tell you something.

1 Like

You’re right. I might cut back on my dose to 4-5mg weekly. My last few does were 6-8mg.

2 Likes

Took 10mg dose 5 days ago (friday night). after 2 weeks. I decided to take a 2 week break from rapamycin to see if the acne/rashes will clear on my neck but they still are there after like 8 weeks. Looks like they wont go away unless i stop rapamycin for longer than 2 weeks. I spoke to the pharmacist and she said they are probably not typical acne you find on your face which i guess makes sense because the pimples on my face clear up (not rapamycin related).

1 Like

Yep! About 2-3 days after dose a get about 4 or 5 little pimple sized bumps that have a tiny bit of yellow pus… basically a pimple. I take a sterilzed needle to them squeeze and done. They go away the next day.

Pretty sure it is the rapamycin.

1 Like

Same here Jensen. I took a 5 week’s break and the acne on my neck is still there. I have tried adapalene and hydrocortisone but nothing seems to make them go away. I can just dull the color by about half. If you figure out how to make these buggers disappear, please let me know!

3 Likes

Right same here. Tried benzac perixode, tretinoin but nothing seems to work. I can also dull the color but it never completely goes away. Looks like something we may have to deal with with taking rapamycin sadly… but its worth it if we get the anti aging benefits etc. I’ll keep you updated if i find any products that work

2 Likes

Wow, so you’re paying the medicare price ($5) for all that rapamune?

He is in Australia - so yes, the gov’t price for rapamycin.

I haven’t taken my second dose of Rapa yet, but I have planned a visit to my next lab on Monday and if that goes OK I will plan my second dose of Rapa. I intend setting up a CGM to track glucose as well.

However, I would argue that the spots arise from higher levels of ROS in the cytosol as a result of improved mitochondria. I have had two approaches to deal with that. One is to take a lot of melatonin in the middle of the night - not before going to sleep and ideally on waking during the night. That tops up the mitochondrial melatonin and neutralises some of the ROS. The other thing is alcohol which I have used to prevent inflammation in my mouth. If you have cankers this might help. What I was using was whisky diluted to about 5% alcohol. It has side effects some are bad and some are quite nice really.

2 Likes

My last dose of rapamycin was 10mg at 11th of November (this month). I had to skip my dose due to catching covid at my workplace and possibly an infection caused from covid? (was coughing up yellow mucus). My doctor prescribed me a 7 day course of Doxycycline (antibiotics) just in case it was an infection in my lungs such as bronchitis as covid can cause secondary infections. I fully recovered from covid in 6 days, tested negative on day 5 from first symptoms appeared. I actually recovered quicker than my co worker who I caught covid from! They’re still coughing even though being sick 3-4 days longer. Could this be rapamycin? I’m older then them as well. Strange!

I’ll delay my dose for another week or 2 until my immune system / white cells fully recover. Really want to start rapamycin again but I must be patient.

2 Likes

I’m in Oz too but decided to order Rapa from India. My GP indicated that I would not have access to the PBS reduced price as it would be ‘off label’.
Having read your post I’m suspecting incorrect info has been given to me. If you don’t mind sharing the prescribing GP details, it would be appreciated.

I’d like to advise you to take it easy. This isn’t a sprint. We’re playing the long game. Over the next 30-40 years your body will use rapamycin to help guide it toward better health. You don’t need to jerk the steering wheel too hard at 27. Maybe go with 3 or 4mg once a week without grapefruit juice. Honestly perhaps even less. Definitely use this medication under the guidance of a doctor. I’m concerned about you, that you not take too much too fast.

8 Likes

Thank you, i’ve cutted back to 4-5mg these days. I don’t take the usual 7-10mg dose.

2 Likes

Hi I got my script through a GP online. which gp/site did you use?

I have used All Day Chemist(ADC) and then Jagdesh. ADC was more expensive (about a third more).
Both suppliers were great to use though.
I’m going to use an online Australian provider next time though and get a script. Chemist Wharehouse sells 100 2mg tablets for $40 Aus. Can’t beat that!

2 Likes

How will you get a prescription for rapamycin in Australia - please share. Many people are asking about this.

2 Likes

$40 for 100 2mg is sure a good deal!

1 Like