Starting rapamycin next month - 27 years old

took my 2nd dose of 6mg yesterday, no side effects and still no canker sores! great news. I may increase my dose to 7mg if I continue to have no side effects.

1 Like

3rd week of my 6mg dose, still no side effects. Thinking about adding Acrabose next month.

3 Likes

Is your FG/FI high? What’s the reason for acarbose?

Just might try it for the recent life span study of acarbrose + rapa combined together

1 Like

Just got my blood work done after 5 weeks total of taking rapamycin (last 3 weeks were 6mg rapa every 7 days).

My cholesterol has raised slightly, no big increase.

Everything else seems normal, kidney and white cell counts etc so thats good news.

Blood test: left results = 08/09/2022 > = today blood test on right

Haemoglobin 144 > 140

MCV 90 > 92 fl

Haematocrit 0.42 > 0.42

Neutrophilis 3.12 > 3.53

WCC (WHITE cell count) 5.8 > 7.1

Red Cell Count (RCC) 4.7 > 4.6

Lymphocytes: 2.22 > 2.94

Monocytes 0.34 > 0.51

Eosinophils 0.08 > 0.08

Basophils 0.04 > 0.05x

Platelet count 304 > 295

Albumin 46 > 41

Protein 80 > 74

Total bilirubin 10 > 6

GGT 39 > 38

ALP 79 > 78

ALT 48 > 50

AST 32 > 37

Sodium 139 > 140

Potassium 4.6 > 4.3

Chloride 103 > 108

Bicarbonate 28 > 24

Urea 5.7 > 4.9

Creatinine 78 > 70

eGFR 90 > 90

TSH 2.6 > 2.4

Fasting glucose 4.9 > 4.8

LDL 2.8 > 2.9 mmol/L bad cholesterol

HDL > 1.63 > 1.66 mmol/L good cholesterol

Cholesterol > 4.8 > 4.9 mmol/L

Triglycerides 0.8 > 07 mmol/L

1 Like

Just looks like normal ‘noise’ in the data. I doubt three doses of 6mg will have any discernible effect.

Do 3 months and then re-test.

1 Like

totally agree. we really need more data! Going to do another blood test in 3 months.

increased my dose to 7mg. Lets see how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

no side effects :slight_smile: 14 hours in. Going to bump up to 8mg next week and stay at 8mg for a few months and do some blood work. Will decrease if I notice any negative blood work. As for the cholesterol, I’m going to work on exercise/diet and take some natural cholesterol lowering agents. I cant entirely blame rapamycin for the small cholesterol increase as I haven’t made the best food choices recently.

2 Likes

@Jensen_Achilles What did you tell the online pharmacy to have them prescribe 6 boxes for you?

The chemist always has to order rapamycin in for me (generally only takes a day) . So that is why I stocked up. They said its a very uncommon medication and they barely prescribe it. I believe most people with kidney issues get their medication from the hospital pharmacy. They didn’t give me them all 6 at once. I went to a few different chemists and got some a few weeks later. I like to stock up.

@Jensen_Achilles Didn’t the prescription from the online pharmacy dictate the dosage and the number of repeats? The pharmacy usually follows that to a tee.

I got my script in person via the chemist, not online. I just got my script online from my doctor. The scripts come with the instructions already. Might work different in USA not to sure. I’m from Australia.

Took my 7mg dose 3 days ago. No side effects or mouth sores. The only thing I feel is I’m less hungry/appetite after taking my rapamycin dose, this usually last 3-4 days post dose. I won’t say its a side effect as its a benefit for me as it makes fasting much easier. :smiley:

2 Likes

Going to try something new tomorrow. Will take my dose and water fast for 3-5 days. Hopefully I don’t over drive mTOR inhibition and cause side effects by fasting + rapamycin at the same time. Just want to try fasting while taking rapamycin as I find my self less hungry for the first 3 days of taking my rapamycin dose. Nothing like nausea, just less hungry. & Hopefully the water fast + rapamycin super charges the autophagy.

Would you be willing to do a sirolimus blood level test before and maybe 3-4 hours after your dose? Curious if a weekly cadence is enough to eliminate it in between doses. I had to stop because my lymphocytes were dropping month over month (after about a year of weekly doses), but I wasn’t sure if it was rapa building up or a side effect of a covid infection earlier in the year.

Yeah I’m going to try this next week. I’ll take a rapamycin test 4-5 hours after my dose and on day 7th day before my dose, ill test my blood rapamycin level again, to see if its left my blood before next dose.

What was your dose? my Lymphocytes actually raised slightly after 6 weeks of use of rapamycin on a weekly basis went from: 2.22 > 2.94

actually, all my immune blood bio markers increased: I did a blood test before starting rapamycin and 6 weeks after: My next blood test is due in 2 months, I’ll do blood tests every 3 months.

Neutrophilis 3.12 > 3.53

WCC (WHITE cell count) 5.8 > 7.1

Lymphocytes: 2.22 > 2.94

Monocytes 0.34 > 0.51

Eosinophils 0.08 > 0.08

Basophils 0.04 > 0.05x

It may of been covid but I’m not sure. were you taking grapefruit with your dose? You could also have genetics that make rapamycin stay in your body longer. I did a genetic test recently and my body metabolizes certain drugs faster/slower than the average person. For example my body metabolizes caffeine quick while warfarin (blood thinner) more slowly. You could possibly be a slow metabolizer of rapamycin. You could try every 9-10 days instead weekly? Or even bi weekly instead of weekly. Give it a try and see if you notice any improvements.

I’ll like to note that I do take other supplements on a daily basis, fish oil, aged garlic (strong immunity properties), vitamin D , + k2, so I can’t say if these supplements aren’t helping as well? Either way I’m happy, my immunity seems to be improving on rapamycin. I heard lots of people talking about low white cells/blood platelets whilst taking rapamycin and I’m actually getting an increase! so far so good :smiley:

1 Like

I was taking 6mg/wk, sometimes with grapefruit juice.

It might of been the grapejuice but i’m not sure. I know grapejuice can increase the dose like by 3-5x so you could of actually taking over 20mg a week sometime. I don’t take grapejuice. I would try without the grapejuice in future if you plan to start again ^^

1 Like

8MG taken! Officially the highest dose I’ve taken so far. Took it with a fatty meal, something I don’t usually do, I took all my previous doses with water on empty stomach. Curious if the fat will do anything.