Starting Rapamycin in UAE

Hi all,
I am new here and interested in trying out Rapamycin. I am 49 yrs old male and pretty healthy with no known condition (except for degenrative disc disease from years of lifting as well as GAD). I do however, have a family history of cancer, MS and dementia and would like to know if there are strategies to delay/prevent the onset. I am quite fit for my age and have been weightlifting for more than 25 yrs. I have Rapamycin but not sure if its safe to try it. I live in UAE and not aware of any GP who is willing to monitor me as its not a known practice around here.
Any advice on what i should do if i decide to get started? Dosage?

2 Likes

Shawn

Review the following New to Rapamycin? Start Here

2 Likes

Hi Shawn, welcome to the forums. Its always a good idea to work with a doctor. Longevity medicine is getting more attention in the Arab countries… so its possible you can find a doctor/clinic there that can help you. I recommend you do an exhaustive google search on things like “longevity clinic”, or “anti-aging doctor” (though you’ll get mostly cosmetic dermatologists for that one, I suspect).

These are what I found when doing a quick search… not exactly what you want, but perhaps getting close:

2 Likes

Hi ShawnF. Unsure if you will read this as it’s been over a year, however worth a try.
I also live in the UAE and wondering how you got hold of Rapa? All the pharmacies around here are out of stock for ages.
Did you get it shipped in?
Apologies if this goes against the rules of the forum, I couldnt see any page with it!

1 Like

Hi Steve, welcome to the forums. We’ve not heard of any doctors in the UAE or anywhere in the Middle East, prescribing rapamycin. I know nothing about the rules/regulations or postal system there … but many people in other regions are ordering from India. Details at the links below:

2 Likes

Thank you for that Admin. Appreciate it. It’s fairly lax over here, most medications that require prescription elsewhere are usually available OOC. Other than controlled medications that is. That’s been my experience. I’m not sure if I would trust shipping medications over from India, however. From the little research I did (google, but still) it was not the legit branded Rapa but some of their own home grown version. Would prefer if I could get the Sirolimus or Rapamune but I will have a look on those links.

1 Like

Two brands - Zydus and Biocon both have tested well, in terms of quality: Rapamycin / Sirolimus from India, Lab Test Report on Quality / Purity

So most of us here feel its pretty safe to order those products from India, and we’ve heard no reports of any negatives for these brands.

You can order the Pfizer Rapamune from Bulgaria, but its 3X to 4X more expensive. https://www.bgpharmadrugs.com/product/rapamune-sirolimus-1-mg-10-pfizer/

Related: For Those Who Take Indian Generic Rapamycin, Which do you take?

2 Likes

Thanks for this website Admin. Have made my first order of Zydus after doing some reading on the material you provided. Great service you are providing here! :slight_smile:

1 Like