I Started Rapamycin Today

Agreed.

Most report the first pound (s) that are shed due to rapa starts at 15 or 16 months. And goes for weeks before you plateau.

Let’s see. :wink:

Twelfth dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 05/08/2022

Had 14oz of GFJ, waited approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO and St. Angel cheese{ yes, I like triple cream brie]. And another 6oz of GF juice. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose. Have not noticed any changes.

2 Likes

First 3mg dose last night. Wanted to make sure I could tolerate it. No problem. Will take 2 mg today then 5mg per week from then on. Will monitor my OA in my hip and fingers closely for any improvement.

3 Likes

Thirteenth dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 05/15/2022

Had 3/4 of a GF, waited approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose. Have not noticed any changes.

FWIW…
Will be increasing the dose next week to 8mg per week.

4 Likes

Second dose. 5mg. No adverse effects. No change in OA. Do not notice any changes.

3 Likes

Fourteenth dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 05/22/2022

Had 14oz of GFJ approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

FWIW…Been noticing less joint pain. Also always had a dental issue with bleeding gums, this has stopped.

Took 6mg again, just to have 12 week{one quarter] at 6mg per week. I do not count the first two week 2mg then 4mg

Next week I will start 8mg per week.

3 Likes

3rd dose 5mg. No adverse effects; no changes.

4 Likes

Fifteen dose have increased to 8mg{2mg X 4] 05/29/2022

Had 16oz of GFJ approximately one hour then took 8mg{2mg X4 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

6 Likes

You are at the point you might start losing a pound every few days… of visceral fat.

That happened?

Have had no weight loss yet.

1 Like

@Joseph do you exercise regularly? How much?

No, I do not exercise.
I work outdoors in heavy construction.

3 Likes

4th dose 5mg. No adverse effects; no changes. Will add GF juice next month

1 Like

I said no adverse effects but I have had sores on the roof of my mouth. Halfway back on the tooth gum line.

1 Like

Sixteenth dose 8mg{2mg X 4] 06/05/2022

Had one large GF, waited a little over one hour then took 8mg{2mg X4 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

3 Likes

Seventeenth dose 8mg{2mg X 4] - 06/12/2022

Had one large GF, waited a approximately one hour then took 8mg{2mg X4 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

3 Likes

@Joseph are you doing any blood work during your test with rapamycin (either before taking, or at any time during)? To see if there is any impact on your blood measures? I find this very helpful to see the real effect on your body.

I missed last week. Traveling and could not receive prescription. Mouth sores went away I assume as a result. Took 5mg last night at dinner. Had a restless sleep. Whoop shows I had little deep sleep.

2 Likes

Yes, took my 10 mg with a glass of GFJ last night… was typical… restlessness… poor sleep.

1 Like

Really recommend taking it in the morning if at all possible. I have terrible sleeps when I take rapamycin in the afternoon or evening.

4 Likes