I Started Rapamycin Today

Managed to get a prescription, started taking today 02/20/2022.

Took one 2mg dose with wild sardines in OO.

Will take 4mg next week, then 6mg the week after.

My plan is 6 mg a week one week on one week off for 3 months

Suggestions, comments or opinions?

Thank you

Joseph

6 Likes

Great to hear - thanks for sharing. More and more people are skipping the “rapamycin off periods”. Dr. Green doesn’t prescribe any off periods from what I hear. And I think Peter Attia now says he’s given up on the pauses on rapamycin - so just takes it weekly now.

It doesn’t seem like anyone is having problems with the regular weekly (or higher levels every two weeks as some are doing) dosing from what I’ve heard.

1 Like

I agree with RapAdmin, experts are not using “off periods” on taking Sirolimus. Follow the experts, Dr.B, Attia, and Green

2 Likes

I take 10mg/wk with no side effects, other than I feel great. The effect on stiffness and aches and pains has been the most noticeable.

3 Likes

Rapasailor, how did you/ or did you build up to 10mg?

I started at 5 for a couple weeks, then 7 for a couple, now 10. Based on my opinions of how it works (a strong, temporary inhibition of mTORC), these doses are basically the same. If you were doing a constant dose, my opinion would be very different.

Also, how did you get your prescription?

Dr. Green back to 12mg weekly schedule according to “jimo3”

Was post on this form, I used Push Health, it took a while to locate an MD to send a prescription. I stated that I was fully aware this was off label and would be fully responsible. Included a link to one of Mikhail Blagosklonny published papers. The cost was around $70.00

1 Like

This is interesting. I wonder what his thought process was?

FWIW…02/27/2022 Took my second dose 4mg{2mg x2] again with wild sardines in OO.
Did not notice anything, from my first dose{2mg] a week ago.
Am eating with sardine’s as I read on this forum you will get better absorption.
Next week 6mg

1 Like

Good to hear you aren’t getting any side effects - even the common mouth sore / canker sore.

Lately before I take my rapamycin I eat a grapefruit an hour or two before I take the rapamycin. Then I eat a can of sardines (in OO) just before taking the rapamycin. Last week I took 5mg rapamycin tablets with the grapefruit and sardines, so an effective dose of perhaps in the 15mg to 20mg.

No side effects at all noticed.

2 Likes

Will add the GF next week.

Third dose 03/06/2022;
6mg{2mg x3 tablets]
Had ½ a GF about 1 hour before
Took in the morning with can of wild sardines in OO
Did not have any adverse reaction last week.

1 Like

Are you doing this 5mg rapamycin with grapefruit and sardines protocol weekly or biweekly?

My current biweekly protocol is 6mg sirolimus (3 x 2mg tablets) with one whole grapefruit 12 hrs prior to dosing, and another grapefruit 1 hr prior (as well as 500 mg metformin and ~1/4 teaspoon of black pepper for potentially more CYP3A4 enzyme inhibition). In lieu of sardines, I take the rapamycin with two small avocados (as a source of fat) in an attempt to further boost the rapamycin Cmax and AUC. My weight is 57 kg.

Fourth dose 6mg{ 2mg X 3] 03/13/2022

Had one lrg organic GF peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin waited
approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

2 Likes

So an effective dose of -18mg?

What’s your body weight?

1 Like

My weight is 190lbs, height 6’1".

1 Like

FWIW…
Fifth dose 6mg{ 2mg X 3] 03/20/2022

Same as last week had one lrg organic GF peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin waited
approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

1 Like

Joseph - are you doing, or planning to do, any bloodwork to check how things are going at that level?
I try to do a CBC / CRP test every quarter to track my blood metrics and calculate my Levine phenotypic age.

1 Like