I Started Rapamycin Today

5mg yesterday. Down with a pretty bad cold/cough I have had for several days. REM down last night again.

Nineteenth dose 8mg{2mg X 4, Dr. Reddy’s Brand] - 06/26/2022

Had 16 oz of GFJ, then one waited approximately one hour then took 8mg{2mg X4 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

Am planning to increase the dose to 10mg per week.

8mg will be in the 2mg tablets{2mg x 4] and 2mg will be by nasal spray {1mg per ml raperymicin in a 1% DMSO/.9% saline solution] 1ml sprayed in each nostril.

In Pursuit of Ignorance.

I am look for the black cat in the dark room.

4 Likes

Joseph, it would be great if you did your blood work to see how things are going at a detailed level. How often are you getting blood work done? Please post results when you do…

Twentieth dose 8mg{2mg X 4, Dr. Reddy’s Brand] - 07/03/2022

Had one average size organic GF, waited approximately one hour then took 8mg{2mg X 4 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

2 Likes

Dose twenty-one 8mg{2mg X 4, Dr. Reddy’s Brand] - 07/10/2022

Had ¾ of an average size organic GF, waited approximately one hour then took 8mg{2mg X 4 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

1 Like

Aloha Joseph,

I’m now seeking a prescription for Rapamycin, I 've sent my request and some of the required reports to Dr. Bradly Rosen in California. I note that he requests bloodwork prior to his consultation.
I also notice that the “RapAdmin” on this website has asked you a number of times about whether you are having your blood analyzed while on Rapamycin. Are you ? I’m curious since you seem very disciplined and committed to the program of using Rapamycin.

Mahalo,
Hawaiino

4 Likes

Dose twenty-two 8mg{2mg X 4, Dr. Reddy’s Brand] - 07/17/2022

Had approximately 12oz GFJ, waited approximately one hour then took 8mg{2mg X 4 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

2 Likes

Are you tracking blood work, any signals?

Dose twenty-three 8mg{2mg X 4, Dr. Reddy’s Brand] - 07/24/2022

Did not have available the usual GF/GFJ or wild sardines.

Took the rapamycin with self made sour cream{I make it with half and half, this has a minimum 18% fat.

1 Like

My Accredo prescription came yesterday…Dr. Reddy Brand.

Pills looked the same… said it was generic for sirolimus… Dr. Reddy?

This is new to me… also looked like 60 pills not 30… at a quick look… will count it tonight…

Anything on Dr. Reddy??

1 Like

Yes. There was a study I saw, on dogs I believe, that specified the brands of rapamycin used. They used Zydus and Dr. Reddy. They likely wanted brands they could depend on to be consistent.

1 Like

Dose twenty-four 8mg{2mg X 4, Dr. Reddy’s Brand] - 07/31/2022

The usual GFJ approximately 16oz waited one hours then took the rapamycin with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

1 Like

Dose twenty-five 8mg{2mg X 4, Dr. Reddy’s Brand] - 08/07/2022

Had ½ an organic GF waited one hours then took the rapamycin with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

2 Likes

You are a trooper. Curious how old you are? General question to anyone… Is Joseph currently taking the highest effective weekly dose of anyone on this forum? 8mg + OO/sardines + GF is gonna be roughly equiv. to 30ish mg/week, correct?

1 Like

62, weight 190lb, 6’1"

3 Likes

Close to me 64 years. 6ft and 182 lbs.
Nice.

I am going to check my dose level trough and c- max tomorrow.
6mg taken with one cup of fresh squeezed GFJ.

I see my physician tomorrow to go over my blood work and at that time I’m going to request a blood draw right then and get my rapamycin trough level. Then I’m going to take 6 mg rapamycin and a glass of grapefruit juice and return 3 hours later for a 2nd blood draw and Labcorp test.To see what my C Max is.

4 Likes

After reading through all these posts, I’m tempted to ‘up’ my dose. I’ve been on 6-8mg for 2 years, no GFJ, and not feeling much. But then I’m 51, so maybe I’m too young to notice dramatic changes.

3 Likes

Does anyone know the basis for 6-8 mg recommendation by those who specialize in Rapa? I’ve been trying to convert the mouse study dosing to human dosing and get a much higher number, but I’m probably overlooking something. For example, in the ITP studies they used 42 ppm which converts to 7mg/kg for mice. I thought, probably mistakenly, that the conversion factor for human equivalent dosing was to divide this number by about 12. So for a 80 kg person this would be 47 mg. That seems awful high but I’ve read that the optimal dosing for cancer patients in 90 mg!

1 Like

I’m curious of this as well. I’m wondering if it was just… someone arbitrarily picked it… and then a bunch of people followed suit. I’m tempted to push it way up.

1 Like

Dr Blagosklonny likes to say that the proper dose is the highest dose an individual can take without side effects. I’m not sure how literally he means that, but I think the principle is that it might be different for different people and that most people will hit side effects before they run out of dosing that would give them more benefit.

2 Likes