Side Effects of Rapamycin (part 2)

I noticed another possible side effect of sirolimus. Two times after taking sirolimus 5 mg with 2 tbs of EVOO and a grapefruit I developed mild ankle edema, which lasted about 48 hours after taking the medication. I wonder if a combination of sirolimus with EVOO and grapefruit turned out to be too high a dose for me. I also noticed transient elevation of blood pressure associated with the ankle edema.

1 Like

Did you measure creatinine? BUN? Could be higher than normal.

That dose gives me side effects. I’m on 4 + GFJ now and if I feel like it I take another 1 with GFJ in about 8 hours later. That works with no side effects.

2 Likes

Thank you. Will try to take 4 mg instead of 5 for some time.
BTW how do you use aronia berries?

1 Like

I throw 2 hands full (Handfulls ?) into my smoothie every other morning. I should measure some day and see how much I’m actually using. It’s an opportunity to get collagen and Inulin. Also not much time invested, so an easy breakfast.

1 Like

Thats a very high dose… 5mg with EVOO = 5X1.3 = 6.5
6.5 with GFJ = 6.5 X 3.5 (or more) = 22.75mg or so

And it could be much higher… @Agetron gets 5X or higher increase with GFJ, so if you got that you’d be actually dosing up at around 32mg. Read more here: Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

And since your weight might be less than many of us males here (I’m 72kg or so) - your mg/kg could be significantly higher than most men here.

Most of the doctors who prescribe rapamycin for women only prescribe 3mg to 6mg per week (total), by comparison. So, you’re dosing rapamycin at 3 to 10 X what most women are dosing right now.

4 Likes

I would say ankle swelling is definitely a sign that your dosage is too high. I’d back down a mg.

2 Likes

“A pilot study of systemic sirolimus treatment showed marked clinical reduction in painful plantar calluses and improvement of quality of life…”

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(15)00054-7/pdf

4 Likes

Interesting - good find! I did not know this. Another hidden benefit of rapamycin!

plantar calluses

2 Likes

Yes…another treatment by rapa… that is exactly what it was… I write was … because gone now. Plantar calluses

Not sure of the biological process…
that occurred …after taking rapamycin for 2.5 years they all of suddenly vanished (was noticing how soft the skin was on my soles and realized the plantar calluses were gone). After having them a decade or more of cutting them away every few months …they just went away while on rapamycin… glad they are gone. Kinda cool.

5 Likes

Bro did you really just post a picture of your feet?!

5 Likes

Hahaha…Nope! Not these hobbit ones. My feet are a heck of a lot more attractive… would you like to see them? Lol.

I never took pics… didn’t really know why I was getting these hard calluses in the center on my feet’s soles. Never asked the doc either… figured I could cut them away (was pretty sensitive after)… but they’d just come back.

I went on the internet typed in plantar calluses and copied an image that looked like my feet use to look like. Since I am cured, I can only show the feet without plantar calluses. :laughing:

3 Likes

Why would it be of any concern if he did post a photo of the bottom of his feet?

Why?

1 Like

Jokes aside, @Agetron is awesome and I hope he continues sharing.

Back on topic, I recently tried 5mg + 2 grapefruits. Previously I thought I had some diarrhea at that dose, but that may have been a red herring. I had no sides this time around.

Possible sides for me so far:

— feeling cold (maybe)
— a mix of fatigue and/or energy day of dosing (mostly energy?)
— increased tendency towards muscle cramps

All very mild

4 Likes

Hahaha…well I am known on this site to have few inhibitions on sharing pics… fat me, toned me… balding…and hair restored…to be honest (tbh) I should have more of a filter.

If I had a before pic…probably would have shared with an after shot. Just never did. Seeing those rough calluses gone after years of them being there was a surprise. My feet soles are very healthy, soft and silky feeling now. Nice! Thanks rapamycin for all you do… your effects keep surprising me.

3 Likes

May be for a reason that in some Asian cultures it is considered offensive. No other reason comes to mind.

3 Likes

GoldenCB… Chris… I have been dying for an opportunity to share this before Rapamycin pic (speaking of having more of a filter…actually it is an aging filter) with a pic below taken last night trying on clothes at TJMax!

Before taking rapamycin age 63 years. Getting old sucks!

Last night at TJMax trying on t-shirts for the gym… age 65 years. This is actually me last night… no filter! Feeling frisky!!!

Gotta love it! Hahaha

14 Likes

You are aware that I have the urge to reply with the video!

2 Likes

Stop it Joe… hahaha.

Stay focused on rapamycin.

Or you know who… the “unbranded range animal”… Google it… will start having kittens over it… lol.

2 Likes

I keep looking for the black cat in the dark room

3 Likes