Side Effects of Rapamycin (part 2)

Isn’t the Buck Institute the place where the crypto donor canceled $60 million of a $70 million donation?

I am taking a break from rapamycin because my iron deficiency seems evident. My ferritin level was on the low side of normal before I started rapamycin. Now it is out of range.

As I mentioned in another post, my doctor has started me on an iron supplement regimen. This can take several months to show a significant effect. Since in my case there does seem to be an association between my rapamycin intake and low iron levels.

While I am a fan of rapamycin, I am also a fan of keeping all of my markers in the “normal” range.

Oddly enough, I feel fine and don’t feel any lack of energy as is often associated with low iron levels.

Before rapamycin:

After ~15 months on rapamycin:

4 Likes

At what point did you get your covid vaccines? I’ve read multiple accounts of people having issues with iron levels after the vaccines.

1 Like

Here are my recent iron values in micromoles per litre, ending with yesterday. They move all over the place. I am not particularly doing anything different although I use different labs for various reasons. I find ferritin is sensitive to testing delay. Iron, however, shouldn’t be and I don’t think it is. The values of 13 and 23 (yesterday and a fortnight ago) were the same lab. My last lab has a reference range of 12-31)

1 Like

Unfortunately, I had two shots of the Pfizer vaccine plus a booster about two months after I started rapamycin.
As mentioned by [quote=“RufusDawes, post:1, topic:5844”]

[/quote]
I am starting Nattokinase today.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Lithium Supplementation

Peter McCullough is a shill. I would not take anything he says seriously. Especially when he tries to sell useless supplements. There is a reason he was fired from his university, his journal and lost his board certifications.

2 Likes

Peter is just reporting on a paper done in Japan where Natto has been used for centuries. They discovered that it helps get rid of the spike protein.

If you refuse to try things that are talked about by your enemies then you will certainly miss opportunities. Your enemies may be right 40% of the time. There could be a good solution in there.

I’ve been taking nattokinase for years for heart disease even though it is almost certain not to work for that. Fibrin actually helps decrease microbial burden, and therefore is probably good for you.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, you get a steady diet of Peter McCullough on Twitter. Trust me, that is not all he is doing. He’s one of the leading spreaders of vaccine misinformation. He even goes so far as to say that, even if you have never been vaccinated, if you are around someone who has been Vaccinated then vaccine shedding will occur. Why would he say this? Because most of his target audience for his spike protein supplements are vaccine deniers who have never been vaccinated. I think you give him more credit than he deserves.

4 Likes

“He’s one of the leading spreaders of vaccine misinformation”

To be honest, the vaccines do a fine job at spreading this so called “miss information " all by themselves. I personally know people that were vaccine injured. I guess it shouldn’t be a shocker. Just think about all the things they told us in the beginning that turned out to be a lie. From “its 96 percent effective at keeping you from getting covid” to " if you get vaccinated you won’t spread the virus…get it to save grandma”. I should mention that a lot of what was considered misinformation 2 years ago is fact today.

1 Like

Ok folks. Please try to keep the discussion here focused on longevity. I don’t want our forum to become a battlefield for vaccine discussions.

Thanks.

17 Likes

This means you, Joseph.

2 Likes

Hoping this strategy works for you mate :hugs:

I am also feeling cold more especially post workouts even to the point where I get Raynaud’s and uncontrollable shivering unless I pack up in many layers of my warmest winter gear. But this started way before I started rapamycin and I am beginning to suspect niacin, especially for the Raynaud. Maybe a side effect of increasing nad levels?

2 Likes

Whatever the truth may be about vaccines and I don’t think it is in any way simplistic, there are plenty of places to debate this and it is not a matter for this forum.

7 Likes

I have normal lunulae on all my fingers. Had Covid once, but not long Covid. On Rapa for 13 years.

5 Likes

An interesting update to my rash side-effect.

Originally I had developed a rash on my neck and on my hand whenever I took Rapamycin and used my hair tonic. I had assumed it was a bacterial infection related to taking Rapamycin. I visited my GP about it, and he identified the rashes as an allergic reaction and not an infection. It turns out that it is probably the hair tonic causing the rash and it is probably not Rapamycin causing it. Beta-alinine actually makes the rash even worse than the hair tonic, FYI!

However, the high dose of Rapamycin (6 mg + GFJ) caused the patch of allergic skin on the back of my hand to slough off and it no longer reacts to the hair tonic in an allergic fashion. So, from my experience, it seems that a high dose of Rapamycin can cure an allergy at least partially. Is there any other medical evidence to back this up?

Still experiencing euphoric fatigue. Unfortunately, weight loss has stopped. Fatigue seems to be my only side-effect now. I was getting canker sores weekly at the low doses and now nothing… Actually, that seems to be a good thing, IMHO.

I am back to 3 mg +GFJ weekly.

3 Likes

Since on rapmycin my seasonal allergies for cedar pollen in early spring and ragweed in fall has stopped completely. I never had allegies until I hit late 40’s years. Then it hit me like a hammer for the past decade. Tried everything and settled on flonase.

On rapa… past two years no flonase and it’s coming into spring (cedar pollen season) and nothing. Pretty cool.

6 Likes

Does anyone know if a side effect of rapamycin is slower hair growth? I ask because while ai don’t seem to be losing am currently on TRT and Rapamycin (6mg per week). I do not believe I am experiencing hair loss which is obviously a known side effect of Testosterone but my hair does seem to be growing more slowly. Would appreciate thoughts and experiences of others

1 Like

Anecdotally… my beard hair- which is easy to monitor - seems to be growing faster… as are my finger and toe nails… now more healthy.

I had several hard callous patches on my feet soles… all gone… bottom of my feet are silky smooth… unusal for winter… normally dried and cracked… not this year.

4 Likes