Side Effects of Rapamycin (part 2)

Jokes aside, @Agetron is awesome and I hope he continues sharing.

Back on topic, I recently tried 5mg + 2 grapefruits. Previously I thought I had some diarrhea at that dose, but that may have been a red herring. I had no sides this time around.

Possible sides for me so far:

— feeling cold (maybe)
— a mix of fatigue and/or energy day of dosing (mostly energy?)
— increased tendency towards muscle cramps

All very mild

4 Likes

Hahaha…well I am known on this site to have few inhibitions on sharing pics… fat me, toned me… balding…and hair restored…to be honest (tbh) I should have more of a filter.

If I had a before pic…probably would have shared with an after shot. Just never did. Seeing those rough calluses gone after years of them being there was a surprise. My feet soles are very healthy, soft and silky feeling now. Nice! Thanks rapamycin for all you do… your effects keep surprising me.

3 Likes

May be for a reason that in some Asian cultures it is considered offensive. No other reason comes to mind.

3 Likes

GoldenCB… Chris… I have been dying for an opportunity to share this before Rapamycin pic (speaking of having more of a filter…actually it is an aging filter) with a pic below taken last night trying on clothes at TJMax!

Before taking rapamycin age 63 years. Getting old sucks!

Last night at TJMax trying on t-shirts for the gym… age 65 years. This is actually me last night… no filter! Feeling frisky!!!

Gotta love it! Hahaha

14 Likes

You are aware that I have the urge to reply with the video!

2 Likes

Stop it Joe… hahaha.

Stay focused on rapamycin.

Or you know who… the “unbranded range animal”… Google it… will start having kittens over it… lol.

2 Likes

I keep looking for the black cat in the dark room

3 Likes

That’s the attitude… lets all move forward.

3 Likes

You wrote: Back on topic, I recently tried 5mg + 2 grapefruits. Previously I thought I had some diarrhea at that dose, but that may have been a red herring. I had no sides this time around.

Yes - Chris… I have consistently been using the juice of a fresh squeezed red grapefruit with my dose. About 5 fl. Ounces.

For me one 2mg Rapamune pill with 1 red grapefruit gives me a 12 ng/mL dose (a 6 x’s multiplication of my dose).

I will do another Labcorp blood test in April to confirm… trough and 1 1/2 hours after… for t-max.

1 Like

so this is your weekly dosage?

2 Likes

Yes! I have tested with Labcorp multiple times and get a 6-7 multiplication.

I have reduced my dose from 6mg with gfj to just 2mg and gfj. I think I was going too high… was having edema in legs and swollen face.

At 2mg and gfj… no issue.

For me higher might not be better… inspite of what Blagosklonny says.

Well he does say go up until you hit side effects. I hit them at 36 ng/mL.

5 Likes

I have repeatedly found side effects (“unwanted effects” might be a better term) show up at a particular dose and then don’t show up again, even at higher doses. So you might well have had this at this dose the first time but not subsequent times.

I myself had more unexpected and intense effects at my first 1mg than I ever did following, even at 3mg (with GF&OO boost).

I wonder: does anyone have a theory about this acclimation to a particular dose with rapa?

3 Likes

@Krister_Kauppi This would be a good question for Matt Kaeberlein and pretty much every other rapamycin expert you might talk with in the future.

I also have had side effects pop up once (e.g. mouth sore - at 4mg / week) but never again, even as I dosed as high as 28mg. This is an area that really hasn’t been described much in the literature from what I’ve seen. I’d love to learn more about why this might be happening.

5 Likes

Thanks sol,

The swollen legs were an ongoing issue for 7 months…I thought it was the minoxidil pills 5mg for hair loss… which reported edema as an unwanted effect. Did not think it was rapamycin.

But, when I lowered my rapamycin to 12 ng/mL… the edema and swollen face issues vanished… and I continued with the minoxidil.

So it was the rapamycin dose causing issues… not minoxidil.

Rapamycin 6-8 mg for two years… had no issues.

2 Likes

You’ve become your son!!!

1 Like

I actually have a lot of people that haven’t seen me for a few years ask if i’m my son.

3 Likes

also got cysts or some kind of sores on forehead and around nose eyes etc. some kind of like pimples but other sores eg on forehead NOt exactly like pimples, sometimes got what felt like toothaches on one side multiple teeth and ofcourse the most consistent and numerous and bothersome the mouth sores. i assume it was herpes virus outbreak related but not entirely sure. blood tests showed anemic as has been written in the literature to be expected and reduction of red blood cell count and some other anomalies but not to the serious extent. Been averaging like 20mg either intramuscular or subcutaneous every 5 days plus usually 200mg of ketoconazole prior. Never do it orally and have taken some breaks and some delays of days due to mouth sores just too bothersome and/or travel.

1 Like

That seems like an alarmingly high dosage. What do you estimate your effective dosage to be?

What effect has that had on your neutraphils and lymphocytes?

1 Like

It looks like your body negatively reacts on your high dose. It’s pretty alarming. What’s the reason that you need such a high dose?

2 Likes

Since you’ve been bypassing the intestinal enzymes altogether its hard to estimate your effective rapa dosage but its clearly much higher than most of us have ever tried. That is why your lab results would be of tremendous interest. I’m especially interested in the effect on immune system markers.

You are definitely a trailblazer…please share more of the details of your experience with your rapa regimen.

2 Likes