Reverse Gray Hair, Hair Repigmentation

Thanks. I’m putting together a hair spray. Also interested in mixing up a skin cream. Sams Club is the cheapest for Minoxidil I’ve seen. I couldn’t find in in 2 sams stores but got it online. 6 two oz. bottles for slightly over $20 delivered. Costco is around $6 more when bought online. I couldn’t find it in 2 Costco stores.

I was wondering about this - do you think a dropper or spray application would be better?

I’m thinking a dropper would get more of the solution down to the scalp, whereas a spray might just put it on the hair. I guess if in the area you are applying it most of the hair is gone its not an issue, but for this I’m thinking you want to get to the roots (to get to the melanocyte stem cells) so any extra effort at getting it to the roots is a helpful thing…

I’m thinking of getting something like this, then putting the solution without minoxidil in here (thinking of trying one use case with only oral minoxidil, and another with topical and oral minoxidil).

https://www.amazon.com/Vivaplex-Amber-Glass-Bottles-Droppers/dp/B07ZTRDSVV/

1 Like

I said spray but I’m doing a dropper. Hopefully it’s easier to get to the areas I want. I have finasteride on the way too. Now I want to locate low dose Minoxidil tablets.

2 Likes

This is very helpful, thank you. It seems there’s so many of these incidents popping up in the last few years. Blows my mind that there aren’t companies jumping all over it given the absolute goldmine a pharmaceutical would procure.

I’m not someone well versed in a lot of this and found my way to a lot of these forums simply in search of something that could help me with this condition of rather early grey hair.

From a novice POV, it seems to me that this would also be a super popular topic for the anti aging community in general to figure out simply because it’s the 1 example of an age related condition that’s been accidentally reversed countless of times and that is easier to study since it’s so visual. For example, you don’t get cases of Alzheimer’s curing themselves out of nowhere.

Here’s another really good article that echos those sentiments which people might enjoy–

https://trevorklee.com/want-to-reverse-aging-try-reversing-graying-first/

2 Likes

The Arizona company selling finasteride wants to start selling low dose Minoxidil tablets. The problem is that they’re unable to give me a timeframe other than “soon”.

Some people are getting their regular doctors to prescribe it … and buying the 5mg tablets (which can easily be split in 1/2 or 1/4s) from Costco (only $11/for 90 tablets).

Or, you can always order from: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

1 Like

I don’t think I have a doc who’d do that but I can ask. Or I can go to the docs who prescribe for $50. Still real cheap overall by splitting pills.

2 Likes

I already have 2oz droppers. A little small, but I could make it work. Looking at it, it makes sense to order some 4oz.

Looking at the typical minoxidil liquid packaging, I think its sold in 2oz containers and marketed that each container is good for 1 months use. So I figure a 3 or 4oz container of the pigmentation reversal formula would hold the required liquid, and may be good for about 1 month too.

After reading about low dose Minoxidil I called my Dr and asked his assistant to prescribe the 5 mg tablet. I told her I was going to break it into quarters when taking it. She said I pass this to the Dr. Two days later she calls me and says " Dr. S… says he talked to a Dermatologist associate and his recommendation was 1.5 mg a day". So Dr. S… has approved the 2.5 mg and request you break it half. He will only authorize 30 days and request you come in before he will authorize any additional pills. Guess I will go see him in 30 days and hope I have good news to report.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if there might be an additional opportunity for biohacking here, for significantly improved results…

There is a fairly new type of device launched by some MIT engineers last year that is called a “Droplette”.

Droplette is a unique consumer skin care system that transforms ingredient serums into an ultra-fine micro-droplet mist that painlessly absorbs up to 20-times deeper into the skin than topical serum application. Droplette technology heals from deep inside the skin, not outside on the surface of it, without requiring painful needles or harsh chemicals.

I’m wondering if this device (which is available for a few hundred dollars) could be used to increase absorption of the medications in a scalp / skin application (the company originally was started with medical applications in mind) not sure if it would work for the drug molecules used in the grey hair regimentation… need to do more research on molecular weight of the compounds…

From a Biohacker perspective, it seems like it would be easy to use the small containers that you can purchase from the company, repurposed with sirolimus solution and used for our purposes… seems like something to investigate more. I’ve started the analysis and have read up quite a bit…

Details on the device:

The Novopyxis device, known as Droplette, can be loaded with medications, from painkillers to antibiotics. Instead of coalescing into puddles on the skin’s surface, the tiny droplets that stream from the device remain separate and sneak through pores, ferrying drug molecules into the skin, the company says.

Three key innovations make this device technically novel and tailored specifically for both field and lab use: (1) The combination of the piezo and pump to generate sub-micron drug-loaded droplets that penetrate cells, skin, and soft tissue to effectively deliver a range of large molecules, proteins, and nucleic acids. (2) Their assembly in a modular manner which enables portability, safe sterilization, and ejection without direct device-surface contact or significant force, allowing for improved safety and ease of use in both research and clinical settings. (3) The integration of a single-use, sterile cartridge that contains a therapeutic formulation and allows easy integration of a large number of molecules. The platform has broad applications across multiple fields, such as delivery of drugs for inflammatory skin diseases, antibiotics for skin infections, and gene delivery for gene therapy and biomedical research.

Droplette Patent Description:

4 Likes

@RapAdmin can I asked you some more about your conversation with Dr. Weinstein?

When he said there was high efficacy among the 40-50 people who tried the treatment, he was talking about the grey hair reversal right? Because the regrowth seemed underwhelming.

Also, how concerned was he about the immunosuppressant? Is that what he used in his treatment or did he use the similar alternative compound that was not an immunosuppressant? Thanks

Yes - I was only talking to him with regard to the hair repigmentation angle. I agree - hair regrowth not nearly as impressive as the oral minoxidil results, which we also discussed.

He commented with a general concern about the immunosuppressant nature of tacrolimus, and the benefit of GPI 1485 (not immunosuppressive), but parsing out the exact level of concern vs. the desire to promote the compounds that he has patents / patent applications on, that gets much harder. I mean he would still like to get the company off the ground. I think that a groundswell of public enthusiasm and use of the minoxidil/cyclosporin/tacrolimus formulation and well-documented results and good publicity would help him, but I can also see how he might see that as competition…

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that he still wants to get the company off the ground. I hope he realIzes that greying is a legitimate cosmetic concern-- no different than hair loss, or wrinkles, or skin conditions. Particularly when it comes prematurely.

The idea that a classic hallmark of aging can start as early as 18-20 years old in some people, effecting their quality of life, and the pharmaceutical/dermatological community refuses to show 1 iota of interest in solving it, is just unacceptable in my opinion.

I appreciate your interest in this. I very much hope it works and I will most likely be making an attempt.

2 Likes

I’m going to ask a doctor next week. I think it’s great your doctor actually picked up the phone and took the effort to help you out.

3 Likes

Oh he is still very enthusiastic about the opportunity. I am sure if someone here wants to help in fundraising for him and the company he would be very interested and appreciative.

But it sounds like this segment of the market is not as hot as the mainstream longevity biotech market. Though… Something like the hevolution Foundation might be a good fit. I will drop him a suggestion regarding this…

2 Likes

Given how much money is spent on hair dyes, the consumer demand is obvious there. And the goldmine of profits for this kind of product is obvious.

Where do you think the disconnect is?

Hevolution is a good idea. I wonder if mainstream dermatology companies would be a good target too?

1 Like

There is no disconnect.

VCs invest to make money and, aside from the pets.com era, keep to a methodology where, paramount, is defensibility of patents and/or barriers to entry. A concoction of off patent drugs, even if it worked 100% of the time on everyone, is going to have brutal competition from jump. No patents, no barriers to entry= a foolish investment.

It’s similar to rapamycin. IF rapamycin works as well as we hope it does, it should be well known by the avg. person on the street and have money being thrown at it. But, alas, it’s an off patent drug- no money in that. Worse, as a drug, there’s no way to make money with bullshit supplements, cough, resveratrol, cough. Worse still, if it were found to be effective as a prophylaxis for several cancers, that would be, let’s say, unwelcome news for current and future drugs and treatments (with defensible patents and significant barriers to entry) with untold 100’s of billions+ at stake.

As such, rapamycin is reserved for fringe doctors and “crazy” biohackers doing “unwise”, potentially “deadly” self-experimentation in a crazy and pathetic attempt to find the fountain of youth.

7 Likes

Yes - but the RiverTown formulation was two generic medications, and 1 new compound (GPI 1485) that still had to be FDA approved - so I think his patent is on the combination of all three, with I guess the key being the GPI 1485).

I’m trying to think of an existing type of product in the “cosmeceutical” market space that might be comparable… but nothing springs to mind.

1 Like

He’d have to establish that the proprietary component, GPI 1485, is what’s doing the magic. My understanding of the trial is that he didn’t do this.

It’s kinda like all the expensive hair growth formulations that have special proprietary blend of this and that but also, unsurprisingly, include minoxidil and maybe even consulting with their experts who prescribe finasteride too!

Name escapes me, but there’s a VERY expensive hair treatment that’s heavily advertised now. It’s “all natural” and has great “clinical” data to back it up. Thing is… that data was on WOMEN whose type of hair loss responds really well to biotin. Unsurprisingly, biotin is a primary ingredient. Of course, it’s mostly men buying it. Marketing is often evil and without conscience.

4 Likes