[REFERENCE] Master list of all places to get blood tests

4 Likes

We’ll have to see where this new startup goes… At least they have a nice user interface design (at first glance):

It seems like some sort of blood test and biomarker tracking company (perhaps similar to Tally without the supplements?). If anyone finds out the pricing, please post here.

1 Like

Function Lab. Uses Quest diagnostics.

2 Likes

I’ve used Function health. It’s not cheap but does have benefit of convenience and it’s fairly comprehensive. They have add-ons you can do like Grail and Apo-e that is a nice convenience. They have clinician notes which they provide with your results, which are pretty useless and boilerplate. All that said, I’ll probably discontinue and go with more targeted labs like with “ownyourlabs” site, which is also good.

1 Like

Quest and labcorp have online test ordering.

1 Like

My go-to place is Life Extension. They are LabCorp’s largest wholesale client and offer hundreds of tests through them for less than LabCorp’s prices on the small number that they offer to the public. The basic NMR cholesterol profile, for example, is $75.

I place my online order with Life Extension and in an hour or so, the LabCorp requisition arrives in my email.

3 Likes

I’ve used many: Ulta, Genova, Life Extension, Marek, and ownyourlabs. The main difference is price, products available, and speed with which you will get the lab slip, from a few hours to a few days. Marek and ownyourlabs were a little slow, but excellent price. Of course, the test results are as good as the lab it is sent to and have nothing to do with the companies listed.

1 Like

I like Empowerxlab.com for the ApoE (for early Alzheimer’s Disease), they also have multiple other tests - I think the only others I’d choose with them is the MTHFR Gene Test for Methylation, and their PFAS Exposure Blood test. These are self ordered.

I like OmegaQuant (also self ordered) for Omega 3 Index.

I like TruDiagnostic for DNA Methylation, Dunedin Pace and OMIC.

2 Likes

Full Report - Theriome Metabolomic Test uses dried blood spots

1 Like