No Prescription Needed for Rapamycin Purchase in Turkey

Really useful, thank you. Is it Rapamune or a generic?

Rapamune the Pfizer drug

1 Like

I have just come back from Istanbul where I obtained 300 x 1mg tablets of Rapamune (Pfizer) for 18147TL, the equivalent of £520. I purchased them at Sultanahmet Eczane (Pharmacy) where I was helped by Beyza, who speaks excellent English and also lectures at Istanbul University. I went in at 10am and they had in none in stock, so she rang the supplier and arranged for three boxes to be delivered by 3pm. When I rolled up then she was as good as her word and the purchase went through smoothly. I had no problem at security despite a bag search of my hand luggage. I shall be booking another trip next year for the next year’s supply.

5 Likes

Great price. Thanks for the info, I’ll check it out next time im in Turkey.

hi i need 150 of 1-2 mg but why are your prices so high for 10 that’s insane
can you do good price for 150
aim in canada

I have no relationship at all to that reseller, but his prices are not bad really. If you look at the price of Pfizer rapamune from pharmacies in the USA you’re looking at around $1,000 for 30 tablets or about $35/mg.

If you want low price, go to the generics from Indian, where its typically about $1.20 per mg, see here: How to Get Rapamycin, Where to get a Prescription

1 Like

WTF. $35/mg!?

Crazy.

1 Like

The price of freedom.

2 Likes

Hi BG, do you have availability at the moment? Are you able to ship to Canada? Thank you.

Has anyone tried fiverr ? I am interested in ordering stuff from Turkey in general as they have a lot of reasonably priced branded drugs from Pfizer, MSD, etc. I am not talking about anything controlled, just garden variety stuff (statins and the like for example). I’ll post if I get any success through this approach.

Hmmm … it seems that Fiverr is a freelance website - l’d be surprised if you could somehow order medications, but perhaps worth a try. https://www.fiverr.com

1 Like

What is the brand of rapamycin?

I see several gigs where people buy and ship things to you. (Search for turkey shipping or something like that). I imagine this is 1-2 hours of work and shouldn’t be too difficult for regular medication that is not controlled. Ideally, you would pay the MSRP + shipping, and compensate them for the labor, which, as the name of the website implies should be reasonable.

1 Like

You’re thinking creatively - I like that!

2 Likes

Tried it. Doesn’t look too promising. One guy wanted $20 to do research and $30 for labor. Turned him down. Another guy was helpful, but in his estimate the shipping cost would be too high. I told him that small packet shipping from Turkey to US should be $5-$10 based on what I see on the internet. He said he’ll look into it and get back.

Yes, you can buy it in pharmacies in Turkey without a prescription. Rapamune, produced by Pfizer, is a rapamycin drug with very good bioavailability.

Right, the challenge is to find someone who’ll ship it to you for a reasonable fee. I’m doing my POC experiment with fiverr. Will update this post if it works out.

1 Like

The Turkey experiment was a mild success and I now have some Turkish socks, sweat pants, and meds. Story time:

I found someone on fiverr to forward meds. However, sending medication out of Turkey is apparently prohibited. The guy was willing to ship it anyway, as long as I bore the risk. Fair enough. I asked him to throw in a protein bar and mark the package as supplements. That didn’t work. They check the package at the post office and don’t allow protein bars either. I find this quite draconian that they check your package at the post office before they let you ship anything. The guy suggested throwing in some clothes. At this point, this whole thing was getting out of hand and I didn’t want to sink more money into elaborate ways to circumvent it. Since he had already bough the meds, I decided to give it a final shot without blowing up the cost. He bough some socks and sweat pants, and although they checked it, it made it through.

Cost: This started out as a small experiment, so my meds were only about $35. I had agreed to pay him $30 for the services. Shipping was expected to be less than $20. However, it ended up being close to $130 with all these extra overheads. I had to transfer money twice, and remitly adds a $5 fee every time. I did most of this directly since fiverr takes a 20% cut. So I only paid him $5 on fiverr and the rest directly.

Conclusion: $130 total for $35 worth of meds isn’t a great ratio. And the path has too much uncertainty. I wouldn’t recommend this to others. I am still looking for more efficient ways of getting things from Turkey. I will add more if I find something.

3 Likes

Well, if nothing else, its a good story! :smile:
I suspect this guy would have had the person put all the tablets into vitamin containers…

2 Likes

I don’t think declaring it as vitamins would have worked either. You need to declare it as something benign and get it through their local post office. It should be doable, but you need some skill and finesse. I still find it hard to believe that they make you show the contents before shipping anything. It is possible that someone more experienced with this could have got it done within the original budget as a small shipment. I also found a proper pharma export company and they said they can ship meds. Will see how that goes.

2 Likes