New Branded Topical Rapamycin Gel for Skin (angiofibromas/tuberus sclerosis)

1 Like

I have to believe its going to be very expensive. I tried searching to find the price, but no luck. Here is the FDA data on the topical gel:

Oh I’m sure! Much easier to just make one’s own.

1 Like

Would folks be willing to share their exact steps to making their own?

Its easy…

1. Buy rapamycin powder (ideally), or crush up tablets to fine powder
  2. Dissolve in transcutol
  3. Mix with your favorite skin cream in blender

Details in this post

1 Like

Transcutol (DEGEE) seems to be safe for long-term skin use. See

Opinion on diethylene glycol monoethyl ether (DEGEE)

What is a good retail source for it?

BTW, the concentration of rapamycin in this approved product is similar to some of Dr. Green’s and others’ formulations: 0.2% for this product; 16mg rapa + 3.5oz Aquaphor → 0.16%.

Here, below, but I recommend people read the full post here before trying this:

Where you can order Transcutol from Laballey.com:
https://www.laballey.com/…/diethylene-glycol-monoethyl…

1 Like

I got my transcutol from here, came quickly and cheap:

2 Likes

It looks like 2% transcutol is typical in skin creams.

Yes, as a first-time buyer, that was easy to order and pretty cheap. I’ll add it to my current batch of rapa cream.

So from what I understand Ethoxydiglycol is the same as transcutol? Or can be use in the same way?

And btw, it’s my first post on the forums. Happy to be part of the community!

1 Like

Yes, that’s my understanding, though I’m not an expert.

3 Likes

Oops…that’s 0.016% for the homemade formulation: 16/(3.5*28350) = 0.00016

1 Like

To be clear, no one is suggesting we might want to make a skin cream in this strength for our own use, right?

No one I know of! That reminds me I want to look at the full prescribing info to see if there are any warnings, side effects, etc

Why would we want to? We already have rapamycin active in our system. Topical applications are usually prescribed to avoid systemic side effects but get a working dose locally

That’s assuming there are active anti-aging concentrations in the skin from once weekly oral doses.

If your other organs get enough, your skin will too.

1 Like

Not necessarily true at all. A drug doesn’t always (ever?) distribute equally to all organs.

1 Like

While there is no comparison in this study to systemic use of rapamycin, doesn’t this study suggest that topical application of rapamycin might be the most effective means of gaining the benefit of “younger” acting skin?

3 Likes