Rapamycin Skin Cream - US Pharmacy that is Selling it (prescription needed)

While we cover the details on how to make your own rapamycin skin cream (see this post that covers rapamycin hair / scalp serum as well as skin cream), and also this user’s experience making the DIY rapaycin skin cream.

But some people would prefer to just purchase the pre-made formula. A compounding pharmacy has started offering this (I know of this one, but if there are others, please post the information on them).

You need to first get a prescription from your doctor for this rapamycin skin cream.

Here is the information on the product and the pharmacy:

Sirolimus 0.1% cream/ointment 60g $75 for all rapamycin FB members- mention code FB to receive discount. RX Required.

College Pharmacy - https://www.collegepharmacy.com/

Related Reading, Rapamycin for Aging Skin:

Full Research Paper:

2 Likes

I wonder if something more accessible, like meclizine, would have similar effects if made into a skin cream? I have tried One Skin for months and I really don’t see any effect. This would be a slightly different approach.

1 Like

According to Dr. Green make your own at a much better price by obtaining rapamycin capsules, usually about $3 per 3 mg.

Open up a capsule and mix it with 3.5 ounces of Aquaphor ointment.

According to Dr. Green, 3 mg to a jar of 99 mg of Aquaphor (3.5 ounces) is a 003% concentration.

2 Likes

The main issue with the Aquafor method is that it has the consistency of Vaseline, and who wants to smear Vaseline all over his face?

Transcutol is a much better solvent for rapa IMO. Also called ethoxydiglycol, available at lotioncrafter.com and other sources

3 Likes

I would worry about consistency and dispersion of rapa particles in highly viscous ingredients at room temp.

I get crushed (Nano pulverizer) generic rapamycin filtered through a 80 μm mesh then dissolved in ethanol (Everclear 190 proof is easy to buy). I go to heated white petrolatum (Vaseline is easy to buy) at 40 degrees C with an industrial rotating mixer (2500 rpm) and then add rapamycin solution for 2 min then continue at room temperature for 8 min while reducing rpm to get ointment.

2 Likes
1 Like

Why do they not put the cost up front?

They want to collect information and give you the cost at the end, this is NFG.

zenpatient it is there ($140/month)

Hi,

So my powder of rapamycin is not very fine, is that okay if there are pellets? Or does it need to be dissolved? How do I make it more fine/dissolved?

I’m using it topically for angiofibromas on my nose.

Anyone using this? It’s 0.2% rapa 0.2% ECGC. My doc prescribed me 0.01% rapa cream for $175/bottle. Any sense of which would be preferable?

I have used Carefirst Pharmacy of New Jersey for 2 years.

It comes as .2 percent sirolimus/rapamycin. Use it on my neck costs about $180… lasts 2 months. Works for what it’s worth.

I think the higher concentration is better… .2 and even the extra Green Tea EGCG might be good too.

4 Likes

daft, I searched for the percent of Rapamycin and ECGC, but could not find it. Do you have a link to where it is? Thanks.

1 Like

They show percentage concentration once you complete the survey for the product.

1 Like

Any reports of the healthspan topical? Anyone using it with good results? How long to see the results? Any info would be helpful.
How long till you received it?

1 Like

Are you still using Rapamycin cream? How long does it take to show results? Anyone else still on it and showing meaningful improvement in skin texture?

1 Like

Yes, I am on it but now use it every 3rd day or so… because my results have been great… don’t need as much. My dermatologist is shocked at how healthy my face skin is - for a guy my age. I am sure it is the rapamycin.

I have used the cream at night for about 3 years. on my neck - and total face. It lasts a long time. Using rapamycin inside and out.

3 Likes