My InsideTracker (Innerage) Test results before and after Rapamycin

Some group wrote an opinion piece stating that the benefits were entirely from cancer prevention. Blagosklonny wrote a rebuttal piece that I can’t locate, but it was well done.

I’ve read on several occasions that the total elimination of cancer would give us only an additional 3 years. Not sure how they calculated that.

Yes, diet and lifestyle have been consistent. One of my biggest disappointments has been no change in being able to lose weight. I guess I was excited and expecting more or an effect on weight loss after reading Dr Greens results.

I think most of us don’t lose weight on rapamycin - at least not on the typical doses we are usually on (5 to 10mg/week).

I found that metformin was very helpful for weight loss - lost about 15+ lbs over a few months very easily, and then also canagliflozin - about 10 lbs very easily in a few weeks then it plateaued. I think rapamycin does probably help reset your “set point” on weight - I no longer drift back up to my previous weight when I’m not focused on my eating and exercising on a regular basis.

Just a reminder that most of these age trackers rely on inflammation a lot more than anything else for age prediction. Your CRP figure went up quite a bit, so I would attribute most of your age increase to that. iMHO

Have you compared your results with what you would get if you punched your blood test results in the Levine Phenotypic calculator and the Aging.ai (3.0) test? http://aging.ai

Seems like an easy thing to do, to get another view on your blood work results. A Friendly, Biological Age Reduction Competition?

I think MKs TRIAD study will be most revealing because he’s using doses of only 0.15mg/kg/wk which is approximately 0.081mg/kg/wk in humans.

The study is statistically powered to prove a median lifespan extension of 15%. It may not hit that end point but presumably his smaller preliminary trials suggest it’s possible.

Just remember 15% is about 12 years. I’ll take it!

1 Like

I don’t think rapamycin by itself will achieve substantially greater lifespan in humans, though its benefits go beyond cancer prevention to controlling cellular senescence and Atherosclerosis. Since cancer and Atherosclerosis are the two leading causes of death, that alone would be a big step forward. But if you read Blagosklonny’s early papers, he envisioned rapamycin as just one of a group of life extension measures, including metformin, ACE inhibitor, statin, exercise and diet, to extend health span. You can’t just choose one.

1 Like

I think he’s pretty much changed his mind since on metformin and statins.

2 Likes

I hope so too…a much larger animal model, closer to humans, with a wider variety of mortalities. But I’m not waiting for this outcome…10 yrs +/- for signal to show itself?

More on biological aging clocks and rapamycin, this time with marmosets. Horvath is primary author (2021). Marmosets are a big step up from mice.

DNA methylation age analysis of rapamycin in common marmosets

"In a separate cohort of marmosets, we tested whether intervention with rapamycin, a drug shown to extend lifespan in mice, would alter the epigenetic age of marmosets, as measured by the marmoset epigenetic clocks. These clocks did NOT detect significant effects of rapamycin on the epigenetic age of marmoset blood".

“The expectation that rapamycin would impede ageing is predicated on the assumption that ageing and longevity are inextricably linked. Although this assumption is understandably intuitive, it remains to be proven

So this is Horvath on rapamycin and intrinsic aging.

So does rapamycin exert it’s effect INDEPENDENT of aging pathways?

Toss the clocks into the dustbin?

2 Likes

As you know, rapamycin works by delaying age-related diseases such as cancer and very possibly CVD and AD. Since we die of diseases, not aging per se, this delay could add significant years to our life especially if we start young enough and hit the right dose.
Imagine coupling it also with early detection methods like CAC, colonoscopy, Prenuvo, and mammograms.
And then we may get additive effects with various supplements that we also take.
This will also allow us to live long enough for the next anti aging interventions.

1 Like

I actually don’t care what they write on cause of death…as long as it’s at 150 yrs.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting topic. How long would those on this site like to live assuming good health?
I think the 120-150 range . When I hit 119, I’m sure then that I’ll vote for 150.

2 Likes

Long enough to attend a funeral and hear someone say, “It’s so sad. He was only 500. His whole life was still ahead of him.”

4 Likes

Based on the raw ITP data no intervention has actually increased maximum lifespan. By that I mean the longest lived individual mice are female controls at ~1450 days.

However, by pushing the median and 90th percentile closer to the absolute maximum (122) more of us should live beyond 100.

1 Like

So say 120. Are you satisfied with that?

1 Like

I am hoping for a better health-span… and maybe an extra 2-3 years lifespan from Rapam. I think its very likely that there will be therapeutics/preventions that’ll be orders of magnitude better in the coming decades… but I just want to make it there first.

2 Likes

My guess is that most people wouldn’t be satisfied with an extra 2-3 years after taking a drug weekly for maybe decades. You can get more than that via behavioral modifications.