My DAV* Therapy begins! *Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C

I do not think John Hemmings has a laboratory that is ranked number 1 in England, number 2 in the UK, and number 39 word-wide.

I would lean more to a Medical Doctor with a PhD in bio-chemistry,{from Cornell University Medical College in Cell Biology and Genetics] who is Professor & Chair, Translational Medicine, at The University of Salford, The University of Salford, Laboratory of Translational Medicine - Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

My money is on Michael Lisanti

FWIW

7 more days and I finish my 5 week/36days on DAV Therapy(on this therapy for the past 29 days)

No side effects and I have increased the doxcycline to 100mg three time a day(t.i.d)

The azithromycin once every 72 hours

The Vitamin C 2.4g{yes grams] every 4 hours after taking either.

Again the only thing I notice is less knee joint pain.

5 Likes

I said ā€œBut I was inclined (past tense) towards John Hemmingsā€™ view.ā€ ā€œNow I will have to reconsider, and poke around the web a little more.ā€ There was no statement of judgment for one or another individual.

Maybe there is no longer a need to search, because you are about to finish your trial. Then I can compare with the forthcoming results of those doing low dose.

1 Like

I have never heard of a case where someone is addicted to antibiotics. Here in Hong Kong, every doctor and hospital I know prescribes azithromycin as the go-to antibiotic. When I mentioned I wanted Rapamycin to my doctor, he asked me if it was an antibiotic related to azithromycin. Thatā€™s how common it is over here.

Maybe thatā€™s why Hong Kong has the highest life expectancy in the world? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

LOL we might have accidentally solved the longevity dilemma :smile:

2 Likes

Took my first DAV dose today (20 minutes ago). Will update later down the road, when Iā€™ve been on it long enough to report.

5 Likes

I think youā€™re confused. The paper you cite is about transgenic mice which are engineered to express certain genes when given doxycycline. This type of switch is common when scientists need to turn on and off genes and doesnā€™t say much about the effects of doxycycline in animals that donā€™t have these genetics engineered into them.

1 Like

Sorry to be the party pauper but stopped DAV after a full week. felt absolutely ZERO benefits other than on days I took Azithromycin (felt a sense of calmness and tranquility which I took it to mean it came as result of the drug being anti-inflammatory, perhaps in the brain) and had somewhat bad side effect especially from doxy (upper stomach pain). Iā€™ll keep the AZI since i might use it in the future, but I would like to sell DOXY about 140 tablets if anyone would like them.

1 Like

Azithromycin is neuroprotective drug

https://www.knowledge-share.eu/en/patent/azithromycin-as-a-neuroprotective-drug/

7 Likes

Ah I see, thanks for digging it up, knew my positive effects were not just placebo.

1 Like

Youā€™re right. They bioengineered the mice. The article by Derek Lowe below cured my confusion.

https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/cellular-rejuvenation-real

1 Like

So instead of DAV, AV might be just as good?

Whatā€™s the rationale for Doxycycline?

No - this paper discussing OSKM is a completely unrelated type of use of doxycycline, it has nothing to do with a therapeutic use of doxycycline. This is using doxycycline as a way to turn on a genetic modification in this special mouse strain:

The authors used a mutant mouse strain with a defective Lmna gene, which animals are known to suffer from premature aging and other disorders (likewise humans with mutations in the homologous gene). They crossed these with another mouse strain that had been engineered with an inducible gene cassette for OSKM expression, producing prematurely aged mice who could have extra OSKM proteins expressed on exposure to doxycycline.

If you want to learn more about this type of technique - here are some resources:

2 Likes

Link to another thread about doxcycline.

3 Likes

Another link

3 Likes

I take Dasatanib & Quercetin (with Fisetin) every two weeks (on a Saturday). I started the DAV protocol yesterday and Iā€™m due my D&Q this Saturday. Iā€™m tempted to continue as before - partly because I know there will be risks (e.g. combined QT intervals etc.) but I only do the D&Q once a fortnight so I think the risks are significantly reduced. I think (that word againā€¦) the adverse effects of dasatinib only emerge with daily long term usage. Anything I am forgetting, not considering, or otherwise missing? (P.S. Mondayā€™s are my rapamycin days and given that I started DAV on Tuesday while rapa was still in my system, and had no negative effects, I am also thinking of continuing my rapa weekly 6mg - which Iā€™d already been taking with 100mg of doxy anyway). Iā€™m asking this well informed community as I respect and value your feedback (but take full responsibility for my own decisions/actions) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I started my DAV protocol last Sunday, so itā€™s still too early to report on side effects.
Rapamycin and doxycycline appear to have a synergistic effect. That is why I took my weekly dose of rapamycin with my vitamin C, doxycycline, and azithromycin on the first day.

ā€œOur results highlight that long-term/continuous doxycycline combined with rapamycin significantly decreased or even stopped cell proliferation leading to a degrading different cell culture system, especially in breast cancersā€

Azithromycin is also an mTOR inhibitor, though not as strong as rapamycin. I donā€™t know if that is good or bad in regards to taking rapamycin with the DAV protocol.

ā€œAzithromycin is a bacteriostatic macrolide with mTOR inhibitory activityā€
ā€œThere are no known drug interactions between azithromycin and mTOR inhibitorsā€
In the study below, if I read it correctly they got better results with azithromycin than rapamycin because of lower effects on the immune system.

9 Likes

+1 to some sort of synergy between Rapa and DAV. I have not experienced mouth sores (on or next day) after Rapamycin while on DAV.

5 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve stayed off this forum because it seems to be more negative feedback lately- definitely trolling, I am thinking Reddit and X are a better space at this time! ā€¦ Iā€™m almost finished with DAV, absolutely zero side effects go for blood test in 10 days I feel great!

7 Likes

A couple of days left! Everything was great except for this topic on this forum where IMO was a little hostile with folks that know it all! :wink:

I feel great and will get blood test done the following week- I am not expecting anything relevant I am healthy and fit but thought it was a great experiment to kill any senescent cells while I am healthy!

7 Likes