My DAV* Therapy begins! *Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C

Antibiotics kill gut bacteria. So they have to be replenished by feeding the gut with yogurt, and other fermented products that provide live bacteria. If you scroll up, there is the post by Danlalane about the effect of DAV on his microbiome.

blsm’s low dose approach, however, may not affect the microbiome.

Long-term treatment with sub-antimicrobial dose doxycycline has no antibacterial effect on intestinal flora

There is nothing wrong, with being extra careful, however.

That study is only for doxycycline. There seems to be a diminution in floral “richness” with azithromycin (AZM). But there is recovery in two months. The study below, however, was for standard dosing (500 mg first day, 250 mg, each of the succeeding four days). 250 mg three days a week may have a different effect.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211124722004016

So the fermented dairy may blunt the negative effects of AZM.

3 Likes

Alex, I’m just trying to not eat dairy within a couple hours of the doxycycline per @JuanDaw’s reply above and to play it safe with my microbiome if possible. Due to my typical diet on work days I thought it would be sensible to find other fermented foods I could include while doing the experiment. I have been relying on low fat dairy quite a bit recently for convenience purposes. I still usually have some dairy around lunch or for a snack away from the doxy dosing though.

2 Likes

This was in the first posting on this thread.

See the hyper-link in blue for the details.

Saw the following; Wednesday the 27th of September

It is usually safe to consume dairy products 2 hours before or after you take doxycycline.

Some common dairy products that you’ll want to avoid within a 2-hour window of taking doxycycline include:

• milk
  • buttermilk
  • cheese
  • butter
  • cream
  • ice cream
  • cottage cheese
  • cream cheese
  • sour cream
  • ghee
  • kefir
  • condensed milk
  • yogurt and frozen yogurt
  • whey and whey protein
  • desserts made with dairy products
1 Like

Hello, newly registered but been reading the forums for couple weeks, and i even decided to try DAV which i started last Wednesday exactly as spelled in the study. I have couple observations to report:
-For some reason doxy (at 100 twice daily) is not sitting well with my stomach at all. To my surprise (since most of what i read in here were worried about AZI) couple times I have taken AZI it made me feel amazing including ZERO gut issues, plus feel it working against inflammation. I tried even 1/2 dose of DOXY and still same gut issues and actually stomach pain (from 1-10, a good 6 pretty significant) . I’m thinking of stopping cold the DOXY (for the reminder of four weeks left) but continue the AZI and VIT C? Or that could be futile without DOXY? Anyone cares to put their two cents?

1 Like

Do you take it on empty stomach? With food? After meal?
I remember a while back when traveling I took doxy as malaria prophylaxis and my friend traveling with me she could not stand doxy, she would sometimes vomit right after ingesting it. She finally took it after a meal and sickness resolved, but I don’t know if this would help you.
I believe combination is the key here. I read in several studies that azithromycin is used for inflammation long term, but the process on cell level is not the same as far as I am aware.

2 Likes

You can either try to take doxy after meals, as scta1213 recommends, or you can do low dose like blsm.

The first study I posted above had mice at .5 mg doxy per ml of water they drink. An adult mouse drinks about 25 ml of water daily. So the adult mouse dosage per day is 12.5 mg.

Article - Standard on Food and/or Wat....

If you divide 25 mg by 12.5 (mouse to human dosage conversion), that is a minuscule 2 mg of doxy per day for an adult human. So, I believe, blsm’s dosage may have an effect.

Of course, the DAV paper states 100 mg twice daily. One can be a purist, or experiment based on the response of one’s body. I am leaning towards the low dose approach.

Low dose for periodontal issues, is 20 mg twice a day (brand name periostat). You could probably tolerate that.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply @JuanDaw, @scta123, and yes, I tried Doxy after a meal and kind of help a bit from a 6 problem to about 3+. I think I’ll do the 1/2 dose with meal and see how it goes.

2 Likes

There is a conversation formula for translation to human dosing. It is not just taking the mouse dosing and dividing.

Review the following:

Doxycycline Hyclate - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

Continuing Education Activity

2 Likes

5 Likes

Yes. I stand corrected. The mouse’s weight has to be factored in. Will post the calculation later.

The dosage in the first paper above is .5 mg per ml. A mouse consumes 5.8 ml water per day.

Article - Standard on Food and/or Wat....

So the total dose would be

.5 x 5.8 ml = 2.9 mg

A mouse weighs .02 kg. So 2.9 mg, divided by .02 (to get a one kg mouse) = 0.058 mg.

Multiply 0.058 by 0.081 (scta123’s table), equals 11.745

Multiply by 60 kg (my actual weight) = 704.7

That is a hefty, not low dose. But that is for achieving the effects in the paper I cited. I still believe blsm’s dosage would be enough for Michael Lisanti’s regimen. That is a belief that would be validated or not, by her experience.

BTW, if anybody read the paper I cited, it has to do with the Yamanaka factors - David Sinclair’s favored intervention target.

In 2006, it was shown that mouse somatic cells can be converted into pluripotent cells (iPSCs) by inducing the expression of four transcription factors: OCT4, SOX2, KLF4 and c-MYC (OSKM) (9). This process of cellular reprogramming induces a global remodeling of epigenetic landscape to revert cell identity to a pluripotent embryonic-like state. Exploiting cell reprogramming offers an alternative route for cell therapy to restore organ and tissue function. Somatic cells can be reprogrammed into iPSCs, then modified or corrected in vitro before being re-differentiated into cells, tissues or organs for replacement in the donor or an immune-compatible patient (10). Recently, a new reprogramming method was developed using a transient expression of a nuclear reprogramming factors to promote amelioration of aging hallmarks human cells

2 Likes

The math whizzes will please review my calculations. I do not want to mislead. I admit my math skills are middling to poor. Best not to incur the ire of pugilistic keyboards. I am not referring to you Joseph.

1 Like

So, is anyone actually doing any pre- and post-testing of anything to see if this works at all, or is it all just a Hail Mary type of procedure?

Another Video{I located this on October 23.2023] interview with Michael Lisanti on Antibiotics, Anti aging Drugs for Cancer Stem Cells

This man is brilliant!

Listen to his presentation.

Watch out this is “bro-science”.

By a Medical Doctor with a PhD in bio-chemistry,{from Cornell University Medical College in Cell Biology and Genetics] who is Professor & Chair, Translational Medicine, at The University of Salford, The University of Salford, Laboratory of Translational Medicine - Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

Who’s laboratory is currently ranked number 1 in England, number 2 in the UK, and number 39 word-wide.

6 Likes

Minute 6:00 - better to get rid of senescent cells, than to revive them. Chance of their turning cancerous is less, if they are gone. Goes against John Hemming’s view that you can rejuvenate the senescent cells.

Not starting a debate here. But I was inclined towards John Hemmings’ view.

My view is that senescent and dedifferentiated cells are on the core aging system, but i think making them function correctly is better than killing them off.

Now I will have to reconsider, and poke around the web a little more.

1 Like

6:53 Roxithromycin, used for male pattern baldness. You can kill senescent cells, and regrow hair.

Dr. Lisanti, either has not tried it yet, or it did not work for him.

Same principle as fisetin - a senolytic that may grow hair.

1 Like

About taking risk for longevity:

3 Likes

Thanks, my battle against becoming a Fester Adams tribute act is real :slight_smile: Will look into.

My view on this has been and will always be, if it is dead bury them. If they are broken fix them. It will be REAL hard for me to change my opinion on that.

2 Likes

Yeah I picked that up also. My suggestion for him is if your head shines like an airport landing strip, you better not tell other people how to grow their hair :slight_smile: He also mentioned that he has never tried DAV. hmmm
having said that I still think there needs to be more studies around antibiotics and their effects on certain disease (i.e. cancer etc…)

4 Likes

Michael Lisanti on Antibiotics, Anti aging Drugs for Cancer Stem Cells - YouTube

BTW, While I had hard time understanding the accent the Asian doctor seemed to LOVE Azithromycin. I think I heard him say that whatever he and his family come down with, Azithromycin is the drug they go to. I think he said it’s like a wonder drug. The reason I’m actually mentioning this is because I seem to love the way AZI is making me feel. There is this sense of tranquility and calmness in the days I’ve taken Azithromycin, and because of that here comes my question to everyone:

Has there been known cases for any antibiotics to make people dependent (i.e. could I get addicted to them if I start using AZI and feeling this way). As a general rule I try to stay as far as possible (regardless how they make me feel) from things that are addictive, i.e. if an addictive substance shows up in the north pole, I go live in south pole LOL.

2 Likes