I’d say the math thing is probably even more concerning especially if you know for sure there’s a difference. I was very good at math, but my skills have improved by age (mind you I’m nowhere near 80 yet and things can change) including my ability to do math in my head. As for short term memory mine has been shot for as long as I can remember, so no change there, good nor bad.
I will be finishing my N=1 experiment with Maraviroc in seven days. After starting with very small doses for the first few days to test for any adverse reactions, I increased the dose to 75 mg daily, taken with breakfast. I continued this 75 mg daily protocol for 3.5 months.
I have nothing significant to report. Subjectively, I noticed no changes, and my recent extensive blood tests did not show any meaningful differences compared with results from a year ago.
It is possible that Maraviroc provides long-term benefits that are not easily measured in the short term, but I have no evidence of anything beneficial up to this point. Regardless, I will not continue taking it because I already have too many other irons in the fire.
Any updates on this effort of yours? Let us know when you can.
Any updates on this effort of yours? Let us know when you can.
No, there’s nothing to report. There were not noticeable subjective or blood report effects while using it and nothing to report after stopping. I do a variety of exercises with different intensities weekly and I saw no effect either positive or negative on those. But, there could certainly be some benefit to using it on a long-term basis that my little trial would never see. However, I’ll need more of a guarantee of that to actually use it on a regular basis.
I am into my second month of dosing Maraviroc for Longevity. Maintaining good strength despite exercise time … interruption from travel. Not gaining… but not losing either.
Just ordered my GlycanAge test kit. After 3 months of Maraviroc … I will do the test and see if there are any major changes. I have been testing with this company 4 years… so good overview of my inflammatory health. Will also do DNA Methylation test… TruMe also have 4 years of data. All consistent with good markers.
Since rapamycin and testing… the only spike in aging … I saw in both tests came when I was dosing high rapamycin with Grapefruit Juice weekly.
Then when I went back to normal 6 mg weekly dosing… both returned to normal younger range.
Any benefit of Maraviroc and biomarkers should show in both tests. Kinda excited about it.
As I scrolled, I noticed that the CCR5 target sounded similar, then I remembered…
That’s the same target as He Jiankui edited out in two embryos with CRISPR germline gene editing! (That were later implanted and born as Lulu and Nana).
Causing possible “inadvertent cognitive enhancement”:
I took Maraviroc for 12 weeks, 75 mg daily. During this time I had significant strength increases as measured in increased weight and reps in the gym. Unfortunately, since I also changed other things in my routine and stack at the same I’m I have no idea what proportions of strength increase, if any, is related to Maraviroc. In this case I prioritized results over understanding what worked. I’ll have to repeat in the future in a controlled manner for a proper n=1.
@ageless64, that is excellent feedback.
I was stronger during my experiment, too, but because I had been steadily getting stronger prior to starting, I can not say with any confidence that maraviroc was responsible for any part of it.
I’ve been off for a few months now and my strength has plateaued, so I decided to start up again on a higher dose to try to tease it all out (75mg daily).
Courtesy of Claude Opus, here is an interesting tidbit:
On COVID specifically
During the pandemic, doctors gave maraviroc to hospitalized COVID patients on purpose — trying to calm exactly that runaway lung inflammation.
A small randomized trial: patients on standard care were about 2.8 times more likely to get worse than those on maraviroc. Three control patients ended up in intensive care. Zero on maraviroc. [label: human trial, randomized but small and open-label — 33 people total. Thin. Don’t build a house on it.]
A larger trial of a similar CCR5-blocking drug in mild-to-moderate COVID found fewer side effects and no harm. [label: human trial, randomized — TEMPEST, 2024]
No mass increase… but no loss either and a bit stronger. So I will continue use.
In deciding if I want to order more from India, I’m deep in thought about maraviroc and thought I’d share my update:
It’s still too soon to be sure it’s related, but….
After being on for 75mg per day since 9/7, my PT and my Pilates instructor both commented on my increased strength.
My PT knows I’m taking it, but my Pilates instructor had no idea. She only knew that my strength decreased for a while (due to pain from being on livalo (or combo of livalo and bempodoic acid).
I had already fully recovered and she noted my strength had returned, but this new comment was that my legs are even stronger than they were prior. (She knows by which coils she adds and she commented she didn’t have any strong enough for me on the Cadillac).
My strength waxes and wanes depending on the day, but this is a positive signal, but still not a long enough trial to be sure. It’s expensive enough and the only thing my doctor won’t prescribe for me, so I guess I should order more.
Also, I should note that post Stanfield study, I did change from 8mg weekly rapa dosing to 16mg every other week, so if I was experiencing any blunting effect from the weekly dose, that could also potentially explain my strength increase… it happened two weeks after maraviroc, so I doubt it, but I want to be thorough in my analysis.
Have you noticed anything about your memory or brain in general?
Well, I would have told you hard no, but…
After my PT told me he noticed some strength gains, I said, “Too bad the brain part didn’t work!”
He disagreed. He said he thinks my protocol is helping my brain (who knows what!). He notices I follow all the medical stuff we discuss much better.
I told him I notice that too, but I think it’s just because I now immerse myself in my Claude health project, so I think exposure is what is helping me.
My memory is significantly better than it used to be, including in my youth, but that was happening since starting all this stuff over the last year or two, prior to maraviroc. If it’s helping me, I can’t pinpoint to anything, but it does continue to get better. So I’ll say yes to strength and I doubt my brain.
I see we have a few Maraviroc threads so I’ll make an audible and post this here… move if helpful… and sorry if it’s a repeat…
Claude found a couple papers so I had him summarize them for you:
Two maraviroc papers worth having in this thread: one new mouse study, one older human pilot.
- MOUSE: maraviroc and inflammation-driven Alzheimer’s damage
Liu et al., Translational Psychiatry, July 2026
- 5xFAD mice (an amyloid model), 3 months old, so early stage.
- Three days of LPS (a bacterial toxin) to provoke inflammation, then three days of maraviroc, 20 mg/kg, injected.
- After LPS, maraviroc improved working memory, place memory and object memory, cut plaque load, and lowered IL-1β and TNF-α in the hippocampus.
- The catch: in 5xFAD mice that did not get LPS, maraviroc did nothing on any memory test. Social memory and microglia counts did not reach significance either.
- So this is a rescue from an induced inflammation hit, not a prevention result. The authors say older models are needed to show benefit “beyond inflammation-driven acceleration.”
- HUMAN: maraviroc and artery function
Francisci et al., Open Forum Infectious Diseases, 2019
- Randomized crossover pilot. 21 HIV-suppressed patients on protease inhibitors, all at high cardiovascular risk. Maraviroc 300 mg/day for 24 weeks.
- Flow-mediated dilation up 2.6% (P = .002).
- Max carotid intima-media thickness down about 13% (P = .038).
- Pulse wave velocity down 1.0 m/s (P = .022).
- Platelet/leukocyte aggregates down as well.
- hsCRP, IL-6, D-dimer and the other blood inflammation markers did not move.
- Caveats: 21 people, no washout between arms, and HIV patients on protease inhibitors only.
My take: the mouse paper adds a mechanism, not evidence for prevention. The human pilot is small and in a different population, but it is actual human artery data, and the arteries improved without the usual inflammation labs budging.
Links:
Liu 2026: Maraviroc attenuates inflammation-exacerbated cognitive and amyloid pathology in an early-stage Alzheimer’s disease mouse model | Translational Psychiatry
Francisci 2019: https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/6/4/ofz112/5371212
I’ve been careful, take for a few days then go off for a few days. I take 150 because that’s what came and I don’t know if they work if you bite them in half.
Subjectively they make me feel great, improved mood and outlook. I feel like working out and do better. As with anything it could be placebo but I don’t think so. I was surprised the effect comes on right away, I was under the impression you have to do a couple bottles to get anywhere. This stuff seems good for me.
What made me post is the thing about PWV, according to my scale I’m a year younger than I’ve ever been. I wondered what could be doing that and this could be it. It started happening about the same time
Wow, that is excellent to hear!!!
According to my discussions with Claude, if he is correct…iftaking higher doses, he said it makes sense to feel things within only a couple of weeks. ‘HE’ said it would take longer to build muscle but strength comes earlier.
According to Claude, me at 104 pounds, if taking 75mg per day, that is equivalent (ish) to the high dose testing arm…. So this tracks for you because you are taking a fairly big dose, and higher than anyone here, I think.
Can anyone give me a reliable source for both maraviroc and TAF ?
Knowing I believe a dual protocol: maraviroc + urolithin can also reverse immune aging in a sustained manner.
Just the regular rapamycin providers: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies
but there are issues in the supply chain right now: Wall Street Journal Says No More Cheap Overseas Prescriptions Shipped to USA?
Thanks but got scammed by one of them…
im in france. So dont know how the supply goes here
Getting things into the EU is much harder than many places. Most medications seem to get blocked by the postal system (so you may not have gotten scammed, just blocked by your country’s postal system). You might try EUDoc: New Option for Rapamycin Prescriptions in Europe / EU - #61 by Curious
If it works, please post your results back here (actually either way, if it works or not).
Aaahh thank you RapAdmin ![]()