Is methylene blue useful?

It’s a look. The fake part of this photo is how the teeth are not also blue. I can tell you that’s not how it works.

2 Likes

How can you use it on skip? Does MB turn your skin blue?

When i took for about couple weeks my teeth were just fine.

1 Like

If you’re ingesting it don’t take it straight — dilute it in a tall glass of water and it won’t stain teeth. I’m not take it since I got pregnant but it was easy to prevent staining this way.

1 Like

It’s a few drops mixed in a big tub of moisturizer. It turns the moisturizer blue, which gives a very faint corpse like blue tinge to my skin, which tint disappears after 15-20 min under a red + ir light panel.

3 Likes

Look closely. This is a product that stays in your mouth for 15-20 minutes and slowly dissolves and is absorbed through the cheek lining. There is no way to avoid the tongue and teeth staining that lasts for an hour. I used the product myself.

I now use a MB solution that I put in a glass of water with vit C. It turns the water clear so no staining of the mouth occurs. It will still stain a counter or floor if you spill the clear solution and it dries there.

3 Likes

I know it is none of my business, but didn’t you mention somewhere you were around 50 years old. how does a 50 year old woman get pregnant, or I may have misread it?

That’s a shame as it’s so easy to. Back when I was ingesting MB before I got pregnant, I usually paired it not with just sitting in front of the red + IR light panel but also with a session of the nose red light laser. It’s an easy, dirt cheap way to irradiate the brain through the nasal passage. 630-660 nm light, just what MB works with.

2 Likes

Of course there is ways. first i put the dropper in back of my tongue and took it that way. That had a weird aftertaste, so then i mixed in a tall glass and drank it with a straw. no stains none, in my case.

1 Like

lol I’m no spring chicken but only 37 still. Not sure who said she was 50 but it wasn’t me.

2 Likes

My bad must’ve mistaken you for someone else. Good luck, and yes you are a spring chicken at 37. lol

btw, Are you using MB regularly, or how much and how often do you use? I’m tempted to start using it again…

1 Like

Yes, I use 20mg a day, 3-4 days a week. I use it in the afternoon for a pick-me-up when its too late for caffeine. Maybe I get other benefits from it. It makes cardio exercise harder so I avoid that combination.

3 Likes

that’s interesting? In my case I had thought that it made me stronger (don’t know about endurance) or at least It felt i was stronger (not necessarily the case, but just a feeling)

1 Like

Thanks John. I found the below video with one top scientists in the field of maximizing mitochondria’s fitness - both academically and in helping many of the world’s best athletes. Found this conversation more illuminating than when Peter Attia and other talk about zone 2.

I states quite strongly that zone 2 by far is the best. Reactance training at similar heart rate does not profile the same type of consistent optimal conditioning of the mitochondria (though valuable in other ways). Same is strive for HITT and Zone 3/5 / direct VO2max training.

Does anyone know more about the role fasting for helping to generate new/more mitochondria?

@Joseph_Lavelle?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do fasted training in hope of a training or metabolic benefit. Dr San Millan is not a fan of even low carb training for endurance athletes.

Weight training during fasting was thought to be a way to preserve muscle mass but it didn’t work for Peter Attia. He lost muscle mass, and as a result he has abandoned fasting.

I don’t know about preserving or gaining mitochondria due to fasting. I wouldn’t think so but I wouldn’t bet on my intuition.

Thanks, I recall hearing something like fasting > mitophagy and biogenesis

Quick search shows things like the below - but note sure if this is a big effect or small:

Here is some of the reasoning

UCLA study links fasting to mitochondrial splitting

UCLA researchers found that fasting increases the splitting of mitochondria, which may have implications for metabolic and aging-related diseases.

Mitochondrial biogenesis and function are mediated by different activators, regulators, and transcription factors such as PGC-1α and Nrf2. Research has suggested that fasting may enhance these mediators to promote mitochondrial biogenesis and improve mitochondrial function

Intermittent Fasting & Mitochondria | The Institute for Functional Medicine.

2 Likes

It the best video I have seen (assuming he knows what he is talking about) he explains how MB works and best of all he gave me new insights as to dosage. Apparently, I have been taking too low of a dose for the best outcome.

Because he is dosing at much higher levels, he explains how much cheaper it is (6 times) to make your solution from USP grade MB powder.

I think higher levels of MB are required to take full advantage of the MB+Red Light Therapy.

I am looking forward to navy blue urine.

2 Likes

@desertshores I believe Lance Hitchings is on the bleeding edge of longevity techniques. I trust him as a source and have been following his videos from the beginning.

1 Like

@desertshores what is your source for MB powder?