In Person Meetup Groups

I was in Kentucky for the eclipse.

1 Like

Dr Vyvyane Loh would be willing to join one of our meetups if we can get a time that works. Give me 2 dates/times or other instructions to see if she will join us live. She would love to talk about mTOR (or mitochondrial health or CVD or any of the topic on her podcast). I just recorded a body composition episode with her. She is very good.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

That sounds a good idea.

2 Likes

We seem to have a subject, but as it currently stands there are four possible days in the week. Hence I am inclined to leave the poll open or a while to see if there is a winner from those four possible days.

Timing is limited because of the need to be after breakfast on the West Coast of the USA and in the evening in Europe and hopefully not to late in Hong Kong, but that part is harder.

However, I am inclined to follow @Joseph_Lavelle 's suggestion and invite Dr Vyvyane Loh to lead a discussion about TOR/Mitochondrial health.

2 Likes

I thought I would add an additional poll which is for people to vote for one day in the week that would be very difficult for them.

This can be used as a tie breaker.

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

0 voters

Please note that there are two polls

The first poll is which days are good for you. In that poll you can vote for any number of days.
The second poll is which is the worst day for you. You can only vote for one day in that. I will use that as a tie breaker to try to ensure the maximum availability for a day.

Vyvyane Loh says May 10th (friday) between 1-5pm eastern would work for her if that works for us.

2 Likes

I think we need to work on identifying a good day in the week and time to work for the maximum number of forum members. That will take a few more days.

1 Like

Got it. But this first one doesn’t have to be perfect for all future meetings. Let’s don’t agonize over it.

1 Like

I’m in San Diego. I think we’d probably have enough for a SoCal group.

I’m from Indiana I so relate to this hahah

1 Like

I’ve only seen 3 of us so far… ?

1 Like

Friday, May 10 is good for me. I’m in EST.

4 Likes

Friday May 10th is great for me as well.

4 Likes

At the moment there are two possible days that seem to suit people Tuesday and Friday (without any votes that they are impossible). On the voting for days Tuesday is one vote in front of Friday. It is probably best to be reasonably consistent with the day of the week. No one has voted that Friday or Tuesday are impossible. Monday is as popular as Tuesday, but is also equally in the lead in terms of days on which not to hold the events.

Taking everything into account (including the fact that we have a proposed guest and agenda for Friday May 10) I would therefore provisionally propose that we use the time of 1pm on Friday May 10th (Eastern Time - which is summer time) and if @Joseph_Lavelle can invite Vyvyane that would be good.

However, can anyone who thinks this is a bad idea please say so pretty quickly. If @Joseph_Lavelle can give Vyvyane my email address (or me hers) that would be helpful.

5 Likes

Dr Vyvyane Loh has asked for the details of her website to be posted in this forum:

https://vyvyanelohmd.com

If people have specific questions the would like her to be given notice of then please post them in this forum and I will email her before the event.

We are going for 1pm Eastern Summer TIme (6pm British Summer Time) on 10th May 2024.

4 Likes

Florida also, Naples

1 Like

Dr Loh was recently interviewed on STEM Talk. Do you know what topic she’d like to present?

I think local meetups are a great idea, if there are a sufficient number of members in an area. I’m in the Toronto area and will meet up with another member in May. If there is anyone else in the area that wants to join please message me.

2 Likes

She is going to do something similar to “Caveats on mTOR”

3 Likes

I have created an event on my zoom account and the link follows. I intend reposting this later. As it stands I am not trying to have a registration system. However, sometimes people try to sabotage online events and if that starts happening we will have to use a registration system.

John Hemming is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Rapamycin News Community Event
Time: May 10, 2024 06:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 857 0534 8525
Passcode: 832374

6 Likes