In Person Meetup Groups

Just checking to see if this has developed already, and if not - is there interest in having meetup groups in geographic/metropolitan areas? Just to share ideas, discuss issues, talk amongst others with similar shared interests and goals (such as longevity)… Jay in New Hampshire

6 Likes

Anyone in the Missouri area… or passing through… I am down to meet one on one.

I am tempted to road trip up to Iowa and meet @Bicep. Farmers are chill.
Hahaha.

2 Likes

I think there is an argument for using conferencing systems rather than necessarily having to meet in person. I would have no objection to hosting some conference calls to discuss particular topics a bit like a journal club or something where someone is presenting on a topic and others discussing it or alternatively that there is a debate with different views being expressed.

This could be for the UK or UK and Europe or even more broadly, but I would want to do it at a sensible time for me personally (ie not in the middle of the night).

3 Likes

I am in Florida, Tampa Bay area. I would support a meetup in person or online too.

4 Likes

Robert in New Hampshire

2 Likes

Good idea. I’m in the Asheville NC area.

1 Like

I’m in NYC but happy with Zoom/Teams/Meet as well. Thanks for thinking of this.

2 Likes

More interest for me would be creating a “skunk works”

Having available;

Equipment

Portable Ultrasound
EndoPAT
etc…

To take delivery, purchasing “compound*s”

• compounds that are not sold to individual
1 Like

Besides the social value meet ups provide, it is hard to have meet-ups that provide more value than digital meetings. If we have a meetup in Europe, then I think it should be in a place where there are activities that provide more value than a standard Zoom or team meeting would do. We could have a meeting in connection with a longevity clinic or a longevity conference.

Like, Sunday the 25th of august in Copenhagen, The day before the 2024 ARDD starts. ,(The 2024 ARDD is between the 26th - 30th). Or on any evening after the presentations.

But it all comes down to whether enough people are interested in a meet-up.

2 Likes

Or we could chug olive oil and run a marathon while screaming “DON’T DIE”.

1 Like

I would prefer to chug citrate.

1 Like

Curious and all who might attend the Copenhagen AARD: I am all up for meeting there. August 25 seems like a fine date.

1 Like

I like the ideas of meetups… but we’re still a small group widely dispersed around the globe, so its hard to get any critical mass (unless you’re Bryan Johnson).

I’ve tried this in the past, and we had two people from the forums (in addition to myself) attend the Longevity Summit at the Buck Institute last December: Meetup at Next Week's Longevity Summit at the Buck Institute (Dec. 5/6)

Piggybacking on an existing longevity event, like the ARDD meeting as others have suggested, is likely a good idea, though 90% of our visitors here are USA based, and most of us won’t likely be getting to Copenhagen for ARDD. But I support the idea of it even if I can’t make it.

4 Likes

I think I’m the only person in Indiana that cares about longevity but I usually check in/meet up with myself daily! :joy:

10 Likes

We are in Kentucky, but we went to Indiana yesterday to view the eclipse. So you were not the only one yesterday.

4 Likes

I recently drove through Indiana on my way back from Florida.

2 Likes

Yeah… maybe start with a ZOOM social… to say hello face to face.

I have done for lectures… and birthday parties. Works well.

Just need to pick a day and time.

4 Likes

Absolutely - post pandemic we’re all meant to be able to virtually meet e.g. Zoom, Skype, Teams etc.

BUT - Would be keen to hear and attend any London (UK) in-person meetings.

1 Like

I am some times in London, but I think we should aim for remote meetings either by time zones or just general ones at a time which works for most participants.

2 Likes

I am just about to get into a Longevity Zoom Conference which starts at 6pm BST which is 1pm Eastern US time and 10am West Coast time as far as I know.

Is that sort of time on a weekday any good for anyone.

3 Likes