Impressive Biological Age Reductions with Rapamycin (anecdotal)

Chris, the founder of the Canadian Longevity Association (CLA), reported his 3 month rapamycin trial results:

Chris’s n=1 Rapamycin Trial

I finished my three month rapamycin trial and once again took the AgeRate and GlycanAge tests, which I am now awaiting the results for, though I very much doubt they will show the same improvement my bloodwork showed (lowering of my pheno age from 41 to 35) - fingers crossed!

Source: Facebook CLA Account Redirecting...

4 Likes

Thanks I am just about to the 3 month mark… have some extra energy but mostly my appetite has been ginormous… the last thing I need to dO is gain weight.

Getting frustrated.

1 Like

Patti - I understand… I am hungry all the time and eat constantly. However, my weight set point keeps me at the same weight these past 2 years 181-183 lbs.

Thats unusual. What dosing are you doing and what is your approximate weight (if I may ask)? Has anything else changed? Most people don’t change much in weight on rapamycin - perhaps a little bit down, but I don’t think I’ve heard of people gaining weight on rapamycin.

1 Like

I am in a clinical trial so there is a 1/3 chance I an on 5 mg 1/3 Chance of 10 mg
And 1/3 placebo. I think I am on the real thing because I have had a few mouth sores, and almost menopausal symptoms, mood swings night sweats. Extra energy around 2-3 days after doing.

I currently weight 137. Ideal is around 128. I am 5’8 but have a small frame.

2 Likes

How long have you been taking the rapamycin (or tablets) and how much weight have you gained? Are you exercising more or less? Any other changes?

1 Like

I’ve did a TruDiagnostic age test over a year ago pre Rapamycin, and have another one one the way, so I’ll let you know…

though Rapa wasn’t the only change, so won’t have too much meaning, but I am curious

4 Likes

Finally month 4… weight is coming down!

3 Likes

Good to know, thank you @Pattyg. I started in January and have put on a couple kilograms despite not eating more. I haven’t been too worried about it because my weight is still fine, had been borderline too low the last couple of years and the other benefits (and hoped for future benefits) are worth it to me. My doctor had been wanting me to gain a little so he’s happy. The menopausal hot flashes and night sweats that had mostly gone away are also coming back. It’s good to read that your experience as a woman matches mine.

3 Likes

We might have to start a” women’s only” topic!

5 Likes

Just did my age via the Levine calculation to get my phenoage. I dose Rapa 5mg every Monday (with a number of other supplements daily). I’m male and my biological age is 56 and my phenoage is 31. Not gonna lie, I was nervous to do it but super excited at the results. My wife is on the same regimen as I am and she is 54 with a phenoage of 30.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, everyone I know who has taken the Levine tests have gotten a similar age reduction. I am not sure how reliable this test is.

On the other hand other epigenetic tests are all over the board, so they aren’t that accurate either. We really need a good age test.

2 Likes

Its worth citing the actual results as you might get a more detailed response.

1 Like

That’s the opposite of what I’ve seen. If I compare to people who are not taking Rapa or pursuing any type of longevity measures they are all over the board. I even, unfortunately, know several whose phenotypic age is higher than their biological age.

I know many people whose epigenetic ages are higher than their biological age, myself and my father and Michael Lustgarten included. While I am not the paragon of healthy living, my father and Mr. Lustgarten are. So therefore it’s hard for me to trust epigenetic age results. According to the various tests I am somewhere between 28 and 57 yo.

However my epigenetic age decreased 7 years when I started taking Rapamycin otherwise I’d be 64. With results like these, I think a random roll of a d100 would provide better results.

I truly wish that the aging.ai and Levine results are correct though, because 28 sounds nice!

4 Likes

All of the methodologies have issues which is why it is worth looking in some detail at the biomarkers. From a health perspective, however, the algorithms can be misleading. Levine’s algorithm is one which I like, but it treats Albumin as something where always higher is better, but that is not actually true once you get into the 50s.

2 Likes

CR = calorie restricted diet?

Yes - typically:

https://www.crsociety.org

2 Likes

Hi Alex, did you come to any further conclusion on whether you believe lower or higher DHEA levels are better for longevity?

1 Like
3 Likes