Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (2)

Yesterday I had an order go into US Customs per USPS status, but it hasn’t come out.

In prior months, my packages went in and out in minutes.

Would be helpful if someone could report a package clearing customs in the near future. Might want to hold any prospective order until it’s clear the bottleneck has cleared.

2 Likes

I never had it clear in minutes, but I’ve had it clear customs anywhere from 24hours to 5 days. Wouldn’t worry until 3-5 days have passed.

2 Likes

I had an order that appeared to be in Customs for a long time. About five days later it was in Los Angeles and then to Scottsdale AZ the next morning, and I received it that day.

1 Like

Package just left US Customs.

I doubt it will be related to the number of tablets. Most likely to the size of package. I’ve had two packages searched and they both were pretty big size 12X16 inches about, both delivered. Then had 3-4 small packages (about 6x8) and never got inspected/opened. When they opened a package I think it will depend on who opens it, doubt they have an exact rule. In one opened one I had 360 rapa, plus 300 miglitol, and 150 acarbose. Clearly that is way more than a one month supply (someone had suggested one month supply as a rule) yet it was delivered. So, I think it has to do mostly with size of package, and then a little bit with good/bad luck.

6 Likes

People looking to buy rapamycin or other medicines should look at this new pricing comparison I’ve pulled together here: Rapamycin, etc. Purchase Price Comparison Spreadsheet, and Issues Discussion

4 Likes

what are people putting as the reason for purchase? medical expenses or payment to businiess before collection of goods? (both options on Wise)

I didn’t see any options like “medical expenses” or “payment for collection of goods.” I think I put “family maintenance.” Which it sure is for me. :smiley:

2 Likes

I was told by my indian contact to NOT mention anything medicine. Apparently, India is trying to limit/stop sale of medication to people in western world.

4 Likes

I always use “medical expenses” because if I choose goods it wants an invoice number and doesn’t seem to be able the process the invoice number I supply.
I have never had a problem when I used Medical Expenses. This of course does not appear on the packaging from the supplier.

2 Likes

FWIW:

Jagdish Nikose could supply bempedoic acid, but he said he could not supply the Zydus brand in the quantity I wanted. He said he could supply Sun Pharmaceutical’ brand.

This is some of what I found out about Sun Pharmaceutical:

Sun Pharma is the No. 1 and largest pharmaceutical company in India with over 8% market share in the domestic market (AIOCD AWACS for 12 months ending June 2022). The company has been ranked No. 1 with over 11 different classes of doctors (SMSRC Prescription Data). Sun Pharma’s branded generics business in India commands a leading position in high-growth chronic therapies and strong positioning in the acute segment.

The company is recognized for its commitment to quality, innovation, and affordability in healthcare. It has received approvals from stringent regulatory authorities, including the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Sun Pharma’s emphasis on compliance with international quality standards has contributed to its reputation as a reliable and reputable pharmaceutical player.

Based on that, I have ordered the Sun Pharmaceuticals brand.

4 Likes

I’m using the Sun Pharma BA EZ. So far so good.

2 Likes

wow. I am getting completely opposing suggestions! But thx to all for the replies.

1 Like

well, this in the instructions that my indian contact sent me:
Payment Modes

You can use www.wise.com and similar other payment gateways. Please do not mention medicine while sending the transfer or else payment could get rejected.

There are many video tutorials available as to how to use wise for international transfer. Below is the link for your reference. Please make sure to select transfer to a business and not to an individual account. The account type is the current account. Please do not mention medicine while sending the transfer or else payment could get rejected. Mention Goods if it is an option.

Plus, I know for fact that US officials had meetings/contact with Indian counterparts to try and stop/limit the sale of meds from India. It was actually on the news about 6-7 months ago. So while you may be ok to put medicine (doubt all transactions are checked, plus these are small amounts) you are definitely not supposed to mention medicine.

i.e

US, India Stop 500 Shipments of Illicit Prescription Drugs from Entering America in January - News18

3 Likes

It depends on who you use for payment. My comments are for Wise only.

@desertshores you are confusing the hell out of him/her lol. Clearly you are NOT supposed to mention medicine through wise.com transfer. It has been working fine for you (so far), but it may not work for others. My contact in India has actually told me more than a few times (in personal messages/emails) not to mention the word medicine. It may not matter perhaps because these are small amounts but I suggest that @sudiki ask their contact in India as to what to put.

2 Likes

The problem I have with Wise is that if I choose “goods” it demands an invoice number.
When I put in the invoice number supplied by Jagdish, Wise wouldn’t accept the invoice number.
I have tried other responses, but none have worked for me.
Choosing “Medicines” is the only choice that works smoothly for me. Odd, I know because I have received the same messages not to use “Medicines” as a choice.
Wise has always been a little iffy for me from the beginning. It always warns me twice about being scammed even though I have ordered from Jagdish many times.
Again, I have used “Medicines” not by choice, but it is the only response that works for me and I have used it many times with no consequences.

Actually , the term I select is “Medical expenses”

1 Like

I hear you and as I always say, keep doing same as long as it works. I also use wise but I have always chosen a different category, Can’t remember exactly but I think it is called “other business goods and services” or something like that. Weirdly, when I go and check my past transfers that information (reason for transfer) is not available/doesn’t show. I’ll make sure to note the exact one I chose next time I do a transfer.

2 Likes

I select medicine as well. For those of you who use Evo when dosing Consumer Lab just rated olive oil with most polyphenols. Lucini Italia and Life Extension brand were on top.

4 Likes

From Jagdish Nikose…

1/24/23 - Invoice created and paid
1/29/23 - Dispatched via EMS
2/6/23 - Received

Pretty fast. There is a strong herbal smell in the box as someone else stated, but all the medicines are sealed, so :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes