How to Reverse Skin Aging

I am taking it too, I accidentally bought a few years of fisetin so I said I might just as well take it. My skin is doing all right, but I couldn’t say it is fisetin. I am taking 450 mg daily. At least I can confirm it is not worse.

3 Likes

Any ideas of how many mg per day for a human. Have sourced in bulk from Germany and thinking 500mg per day should do the trick?

1 Like

You managed to get Hesperetin? Wow. I looked around a bit but saw no good source. What was the cost/kg? (or mg)? Can you share the source please.

2 Likes

I thought fisetin can be bought on amazon?

Fisetin yes, Hesperidin yes, but hesperetin no.

Never heard of last one, I thought some people in here are taking fisetin and wanted to give it a try.

2 Likes

Would this be it? I want to give it a try…

Nope - check the research paper, close but no cigar. Hesperetin.

1 Like

thought it would be that easy lol.

Even a Chatbot confuses them:

You are correct! I apologize for the confusion. Hesperidin and Hesperetin are two different flavonoids, although they are structurally similar. Hesperidin is a flavanon-glycoside, which is a naturally occurring flavonoid found in citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges 1. Hesperetin, on the other hand, is the 4’-methoxy derivative of eriodictyol, another flavanone 2. While both Hesperidin and Hesperetin have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, they have different biological activities 23.

2 Likes

Full Text:

Mouse models and hesperetin treatment Cisd2KO mice were generated as previously described [25]. All mice used in this study are males with pure or congenic C57BL/6 backgrounds. All mice were bred and housed in a specific pathogen-free facility at a constant room temperature (20–22 °C) with a 12 h light and 12 h dark cycle (7 a.m–7 p.m.). For the anti-aging study, the mice were fed ad libitum with AIN-93G (TestDiet, St. Louis, MO, USA) diet mixed with hesperetin (0.07% [w/w]; Sigma-Aldrich, H4125; 100 mg/kg/day) or mixed with vehicle (3.04% propylene glycol [w/w]; Sigma- Aldrich, 16033). To evaluate the protective effect of hesperetin on UVB-induced skin damage, the mice were treated with hesperetin (30 mg/kg/day) or vehicle by a feeding tube. For the UVB treatment, the UVB apparatus consisted of four UVB lamps (G4T5E, SANKYO DENKI,Hiratsuka, Kanagawa, Japan); the spectral wavelength range of the UVB lamps was 280–360 nm, and peak light source intensity was 306 nm. Mice under anesthesia were placed individually in a plastic box with UVB lamps; the fluence of UVB on the mouse dorsal surface was 349 mJ/cm 2 for 75 s [31, 32]. Mice were treated with hesperetin or vehicle for 7 days before UVB irradiation followed by UVB irradiation for 5 consecutive days as hesperetin or vehicle treatment continued.

The anti aging dose for a mouse is 100 mg/kg/day, which translates to 8.1 mg/kg/day, or 552 mg for a 68 kg human.

The skin damage dose for a mouse is 30 mg/kg/day, which translates to 2.44 mg/kg/day, or 165 mg for a 68 kg human.

So yes @Walter_Brown, your guess of 500 mg was very close!

4 Likes

Hesperetin is a metabolite of hesperidin. Intestinal bacteria convert hesperidin to hesperetin, which is then absorbed. Researchers recommend taking a good multistrain probiotic when taking hesperidin.

1 Like

Can you share any sources for this info? I’d like to learn more in this area.

Apologies, I assumed Hespereden and Esperetin are the same. (I still think they might be)

According to a review on hesperidin, the gut microbial rhamnosidases in the small intestine and mainly in the colon hydrolyze hesperidin into aglycone form (hesperetin), which is then converted to glucuronides in the large intestine ². The study also suggests that the composition of gut microbiota affects the bioavailability of hesperidin ¹.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :blush:.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 1/25/2024
(1) Hesperidin: A Review on Extraction Methods, Stability and Biological … https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/nutrients/nutrients-14-02387/article_deploy/nutrients-14-02387.pdf?version=1654759005.
(2) Factors: The Role of Intestinal Microbiota on Hesperidin Bioavailability. https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/nutrients/nutrients-12-01488/article_deploy/nutrients-12-01488-v2.pdf?version=1590508905.
(3) Hesperidin Effects on Gut Microbiota and Gut-Associated Lymphoid Tissue … https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/nutrients/nutrients-11-00324/article_deploy/nutrients-11-00324.pdf?version=1549100161.

6 Likes

Finasteride can still have a significant impact at doses as low as 0.2 mg. I would also consider red light therapy, topical rapamycin, topical treintoin, topical spironolactone, topical ketoconazole and topical tacrolimus. Combo therapy may have a multiplier effect, but not a lot of studies to confirm that.

5 Likes

what is the theory behind topical tacrolimus for skin rejuvenation and is there any study suggesting such?

2 Likes

Topical tacrolimus is a medication that is used to treat moderate to severe eczema, a chronic inflammatory skin condition¹². It works by suppressing the immune system and reducing the inflammation in the affected skin³. It is usually prescribed as an alternative to steroid creams or ointments, which can cause skin thinning or other side effects with long-term use¹⁴.

Topical tacrolimus can be effective for improving the symptoms of eczema, such as redness, itching, and scaling⁵. However, it is not a cure for eczema and it is not for long-term use. It should only be used on skin that is affected by eczema and under the guidance of a doctor¹³.

Topical tacrolimus may also have some risks and side effects, such as burning, stinging, or infection of the treated skin, increased sensitivity to sunlight, or increased risk of skin cancer or lymphoma¹³. Therefore, it is important to follow the instructions for using this medication carefully and to report any unusual or severe symptoms to your doctor. You should also avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while using this medication, as it may affect how it works in your body¹³.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or concerns, please consult your doctor or pharmacist before using topical tacrolimus. :blush:

¹: Tacrolimus topical Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com
²: Topical Tacrolimus: A New Therapy for Atopic Dermatitis | AAFP
³: Tacrolimus ointment uses. Tacrolimus for eczema | Patient
⁴: Topical Tacrolimus - Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
⁵: Warnings of Tacrolimus.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 1/27/2024
(1) Warnings of Tacrolimus. MSN.
(2) Tacrolimus topical Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com. Tacrolimus topical Uses, Side Effects & Warnings.
(3) Topical Tacrolimus: A New Therapy for Atopic Dermatitis | AAFP. Topical Tacrolimus: A New Therapy for Atopic Dermatitis | AAFP.
(4) Tacrolimus ointment uses. Tacrolimus for eczema | Patient. Tacrolimus ointment uses. Tacrolimus for eczema | Patient.
(5) Topical Tacrolimus - Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Topical Tacrolimus - Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
(6) Tacrolimus topical Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com. Tacrolimus topical Uses, Side Effects & Warnings.
(7) Topical Tacrolimus: A New Therapy for Atopic Dermatitis | AAFP. Topical Tacrolimus: A New Therapy for Atopic Dermatitis | AAFP.
(8) Tacrolimus ointment uses. Tacrolimus for eczema | Patient. Tacrolimus ointment uses. Tacrolimus for eczema | Patient.
(9) Topical Tacrolimus - Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Topical Tacrolimus - Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
(10) Warnings of Tacrolimus. MSN.
(11) en.wikipedia.org. Tacrolimus - Wikipedia.

4 Likes

For most people this is bad advice. Even if you get a hair transplant, you’ll continue to lose ground unless you take finasteride. Donor hair is not an infinite resource.

Just start with a small amount (0.25mg/day) if you’re worried about side effects. Work your way up to 1mg/day and if you do notice side effects, you can scale back the dose.

4 Likes