How to Reverse Skin Aging

I didn’t say any of that. All I said was pill >> anything involving any type of anaesthesia, in terms of ease, and it’s not close. All of us here are popping multiple pills every day. If finasteride is enough for you (and it won’t be for some people) you won’t even notice adding it into your everyday stack.

There are lessons on this thread for young people.
Most of us would like to extend our lifespan without ever looking older.
If you want to look good in your older years follow this advice:

Stay out of the sun or use Factor SPF 100 skin protection. You can reduce damage caused by the sun, but never completely reverse it.

Try never to be overweight, because once you stretch your skin because of being overweight for any length of time It will never fully recover. When you are overweight and go on a diet and lose several pounds, you may look better but it will never make you look younger. When you lose significant weight you will have sagging skin that will not be able to get rid of completely. Unfortunately, from personal experience, you will lose fat from your face, this is unavoidable and will make you look older.

Do whatever it takes to keep your hair.

Of course, the usual applies; healthy diet, exercise, etc.

So my young friends do not get overweight and take care of your skin and hair.

12 Likes

I would say it depends. I went from being morbidly obese and looking in my late 30s to being slightly overweight and being called young by casheers.

Do whatever it takes to keep your hair.

100% in agreement with you. Hair makes or breaks youth unless you’ve got leathery, wrinkly skin.

1 Like

Skin tends to be less likely to ‘un-stretch’ after weight loss as you get older. The worst I’ve seen is from post-menopausal women after using ozempic or after gastric banding. They gain 20 years.

I’m starting to notice the beard helps a lot for older men. It can cover jowling and laxity in the neck, and can also help with a gaunt lower face. I’m thinking of keeping my beard indefinitely.

2 Likes

I was a NW 5 in my early 20s although I was relatively good looking. To be honest people don’t understand the stress and impact balding has no matter how you look. Although I was in the best physcial shape and mental health of my life, I looked like I was sick or undergoing treatment because how can a 25 year old have hair loss progression like someone in their 50s.

Once I got that fixed, although I knew I was young for a hair transplant, I felt and looked great. When people ask me are they too young for a hair transplant I tell them what happened to me and that our mental health and enjoying your youth is more important than the possible future complications of a young hair transplant. Spending every day obsessing about my hair loss and hair loss treatments back then wasted a lot of time I couldve spent doing more productive things.

5 Likes

Yes but as I said in my previous post:

I’d love to have a beard (again). But a white beard would not make me look more youthful I fear.

4 Likes

True. My beard has grey in several areas. I’ve been using a beard wash with dye for the last few months… i don’t overdo it, but it looks fine.

1 Like

I think you are right about that. I am studying what creates white facial hairs vs pigmented facial hairs. I have not got an answer … yet.

2 Likes

No way… white beard aged you at least 10 years over your age lol. I will only sport a beard well into my 70’s at which time it will make me look rugged. It’s all relevant… I don’t want any white hair (if I could) till maybe mid 60’s. But I wouldn’t mind it at all after say 75. In a weird way white in middle age 40-60 makes look old, whereas white hair/beard in 70 or 80s makes you look stronger/you grand younger. That’s a n=1 observation and may not always be the case

2 Likes

Hi @LaraPo , I know this is an older post. Just wanted to ask if you have any experience with Calcium Hydroxyapatite? Either in clinic or yourself. It’s apparently injected alongside filler to help the skin make more of its own collagen (sounds similar to sculptra on the face of it , but I think they work differently). Thank you for all your information on this forum by the way, seeing your posts inspired me to sign up!

Hi Chloe, I think Calcium Hydroxyapatite is in Radiesse. I used it once a year for a few years for maintenance, but it was some 18 years ago and the results were wonderful. Just recently I used it again after 15 year break on my jaw line. The result is not bad but not as before. It takes time to produce collagen and age doesn’t help, so 2 months after the injection my collagen is still in an early development stage. My take is that the younger you are the better the results you’ll have. Radiesse (with lidocain) is an excellent long lasting filler.

2 Likes

Did you inject yourself?

Yes, I do all injections myself.

2 Likes

Thanks @LaraPo for the info.
Based on budget, and ability, I think I’m going to have a go at Mesotherapy. Dry skin is one of my biggest immediate issues so I see Mesotherapy as having multiple benefits for me! I have a few questions if you have time to help:

• Do you still use the CYTO CARE?
  • Could you kindly recommend any YouTube tutorials (the ones posted here previously have since been taken off YouTube)?
  • Do you still keep to a max depth of 2mm? I found one YouTube video where the man was going 4mm deep.

Yes, I still use CytoCare 532 every 1-2 months. Depth depends on the area you are injecting (skin thickness is different at different parts of face). I cannot recommend any tutorials bc I don’t watch them, but I believe that tutorials may help to learn the technique.

3 Likes

“Most strikingly, late-life treatment with hesperetin started at 21-months old and lasting for 5 months, is able to retard skin aging and rejuvenate naturally aged skin in mice.”

Hesperetin has also been shown to extend median and maximum lifespan in mice. Previous thread here.

2 Likes

Is anyone here taking fisetin? (Its part of BJs protocol). Im curious whether they’ve noticed a skin/wrinkle improvement?

2 Likes

I’m taking Fisetin, but only once a week. My skin is pretty good but I’m not sure if Ficetin contributes.

3 Likes

I take Fisetin daily (as part of Novos Core). I feel my skin is very good for my age, but I won’t be able to say if Fisetin has contributed to this.

2 Likes