How to Reverse Skin Aging

Are you guys talking about OneSkin? Could you link to the product

1 Like
1 Like

Yup, that’s the one.

2 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Is Pep 14 part of OneSkin facial creams?

No I don’t believe so.

1 Like

It is OneSkin’s peptide. Their paper is here: Senotherapeutic peptide treatment reduces biological age and senescence burden in human skin models

3 Likes

Pep 14 is a Oneskin peptide, but I think its a new one they are testing. I don’t think it (pep14) is in the current product, which has the “OS-1” peptide.

1 Like

That has always been peptide 14. Here is their first paper of 2020. Senotherapeutic peptide reduces skin biological age and improves skin health markers

BTW They say that it’s Decapeptide-52
Decapeptide-52 is a synthetic peptide consisting of alanine, glutamic acid, glycine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine and tryptophan

Here is some other info on that https://www.fightaging.org/archives/2020/11/data-on-oneskins-peptide-14-a-topical-senotherapeutic-in-human-skin-models-and-skin-biopsies/

2 Likes

Nira just released the second generation of their at-home laser called Nira Pro. It has a larger head and is easier to use.

2 Likes

You do realize that none of this sh*t is actually worth the money? (Sorry! Maveric is training me:sweat_smile:) Diet, exercise, and staying out of the sun are much more effective. Some people look young into relatively old age while others, movie stars, etc with enough money for the most expensive supplements, medicines, procedures, etc. cannot hide the unhealthy, gluttonous lifestyle they chose to lead.

6 Likes

And then there’s Tom Cruise

I wonder what nickname he uses here on this forum. :wink:

6 Likes

My mistake. I’m glad they’ve been published. I remember an interview with one of the founders before they launched the product. She was explaining that the peptide extended nematode worms lifespans by something like 70% and how they decided to move into skin care because it was so time consuming and costly to test the peptide as a drug.
It would still be interesting to see if it could be developed as something you could take orally.

1 Like

You’re right
 its confusing, sometimes they call it OS1, other times peptide 14, I wish they’d keep their nomenclature consistent.

2 Likes

That particular device uses a 1450nm laser diode to heat the dermis to 46ÂșC (115ÂșF) to trigger the release of heat shock proteins so I guess using water at that temperature would do the same.

They explain it here: The Technology Behind NIRA

Note that this is different than photobiomodulation used by red and near IR (780, 850 nm)

UPDATE: I just tried to put my hands in 46ÂșC water for a few seconds at a time and it’s supportable.
I will try to find if there are some studies on that.

1 Like

Reviews of the previous generation don’t seem to spectacular:

https://www.amazon.com/NIRA-Skincare-Laser-Serum-Bundle/product-reviews/B08P2DZB4X

Does 46ÂșC water temperature = 46ÂșC dermis temperature? I’m doubtful. How would you even measure dermis temperature?

I have been lurking on this board for months, but this post finally made me get an account.
Buy a good high PPD Japanese sunscreen from Amazon or yesstyle or stylevana etc. The European sunscreens are much higher PPD, but terrible for cosmetic elegance. The Japanese ones still beat US sunscreens by a mile and are cosmetically elegant (smooth, nongreasy, little or not white cast, etc.).

Personally, I have been using Biore Aqua Rich Watery Gel (in its various versions that have come out over time) for roughly a decade. I was suffering through European SS before that. I’m ultra pale (because I have practiced extreme sun avoidance for 20+ years because I grew up with no SS in FL and needed precancerous/questionable growths removed at 19 yo.) so I can’t personally speak to white cast issues. But, many not so ultra pale people also like the Japanese formulas.

6 Likes

Hi - welcome to the site. Thanks for posting. Is this what you’re buying?

I’ve yet to nail down a sunscreen I like. The titanium oxide ones make me look like a ghost and plug my pores and cause acne. The non-TO ones don’t seem to be as good.

I’ll try this
 reviews seem good:

https://www.amazon.com/Biore-Watery-SPF50-155ml-Limited/dp/B07SL6BJTQ

1 Like