How to Reverse Skin Aging

I am waiting for Oneskin to be available in Europe too :innocent:
I was almost willing to harass friends who live in US to send it to me.
I have been using tretinoin for years with great success, it is in fact almost the only skin product I use on my face and neck (it is cheap, works and my skin is doing great). I have been using it for 10 years I believe and it essentially stopped skin aging.

3 Likes

Yes, I just saw that on their website. Luckily I have a relative there who can either send me some or bring some when they visit.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: IL-17 Protein plays an Important Role in skin Aging, Therapies Already FDA Approved

I am a big fan of OneSkin. I still use my rapamycin cream as well, but when I was using oneskin on my left hand and rapamycin cream on my right hand, my left hand looked better.

9 Likes

How much did it cost?

This study’s results indicate that ingesting 5 g of specific collagen peptides (CP) for 12 weeks can significantly reduce the AGEs levels and, to a lesser extent compared with the placebo group, reduce HOMA-R values. Therefore, ingestion of CP may ameliorate AGE-related diseases.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Sylwia. Where do you have these treatments done?

1 Like

This thread is getting quite unwieldy, but I came across this while I was researching biotech companies. This product, which hasn’t been released yet comes out of Neobiosis’ lab in Florida.

At the moment it’s really just a landing page, but sounds like it could be an interesting set of products to keep an eye on.

1 Like

I live in UK. I buy Rejuran from Korea. Everything else is commonly used in UK, including Seventy Hyal.

How do you like Rejuran in comparison with other products?

I can’t find a sunscreen that is nongreasy or smelly or that doesn’t make me look like a ghost (ZInc Oxide). Any simple solutions available?

I am not yet through my 4 treatments so too early to say anything. I will report after the 4th meso is done. There is about a month break between each treatment and 4 are recommended.

2 Likes

Subjectively, the thing that bothers me most is; that inside I feel thirty but outside my skin betrays me, and yes, I look old.

One of the missing links so far is how to treat the skin. IMO loss of elasticity is why no matter how many treatments like collagen supplementation, retin-A, hyaluronic acid, etc., you get, they only slow skin aging. they only take care of mild wrinkles and may improve texture, but nothing, (and if you know of something that does, please share) restores the elasticity to youthful levels. The eventual sagging of the skin is caused mainly by exposure to sunlight. The proof of that is the skin of your inner thighs. You can only somewhat mitigate the effects of sun exposure,

“While UVA and UVB rays differ in how they affect the skin, they both do harm. Unprotected exposure to UVA and UVB damages the DNA in skin cells, producing genetic defects, or mutations, that can lead to skin cancer and premature aging.”
You cannot reverse the DNA damage, you can only slow it down.

As an 82yo that was extremely overexposed to sunlight when I was young, I suggest that you avoid the sun and take vitamin D supplements instead.

“Asian skin contains far more melanin that the European one. As a result, their skin is slightly darker and it provides a better protection against the sun. it also slows the process of skin ageing as it retains its flexibility much longer.”

5 Likes

It’s why I married an Asian. Hopefully my sons will have better skin than me. :wink:

5 Likes

for example :slight_smile: not greasy, no white film.

5 Likes

Been very curious about OneSkin. Definitely love that they’re approaching skin health from a senescence angle, but I was a little skeptical about how quickly they seemed to discover a novel peptide that reversed senescence in skin like it was no big deal and put it right into a commercial product.

1 Like

I can only talk from my own experience, but it works. Try it and see for yourself. I don’t think it should be all that surprising that they found it. Most labs these days are using machine learning. I think we underestimate the advances taking place in technology. The rate of progress in science is on an exponential curve.

3 Likes

Thanks I think I will give it a try, maybe do a side by side test with topical rapa

1 Like

I bought a bottle for the face, supposed to use it twice a day. I’ve been using it once, because lazy. I can easily see the difference. It works.

I’d put before and after pics, but they’re on my phone and I have a problem with tech. It would take at least half hour. I need to run instead.

2 Likes

It definitely works. The difference was last quite stark in my case.

2 Likes