How to Reverse Skin Aging

This is the same concentration of Rapamycin that OneSkin used in their past paper, which is extremely low at 100 nM. The amount they used would be about 0.005 mg dissolved in 56 mL of lotion. The Drexel study on the other hand was 10 uM Rapamycin, or about 0.5 mg dissolved in the same amount of lotion. The least they could have done would be to use the same concentration used in the Drexel study. I find it very misleading.

8 Likes

@blsm do you use topical rapamycin too?

1 Like

@scta123, yes. I made a spray inspired by Desertshores.

1 Like

@blsm that is cool! Do report back! Using transcutol? I wanted to make it, but it seemed too complex to get ingredients and there was so much different concentrations used in different studies and in experiments here that I gave up… but I keep it the back of my mind.

2 Likes

Apologies for my ignorance but I understood that Drexel study was 0.003%? So I had prepared a cream of 0,004 % by local pharmacy : did I ask wrong ?

On the packaging of 100 ml is written : 0,004 g sirolimus ( 50 euros , i used in morning and evening and no issues ; but did I ask too little ?)

Thanks so much for your kind help and clarification :pray:

The Drexel study was about 0.001% solution, so 0.004% is very close. People here on the forum are making and using various stronger doses of 0.011% (Methusela), 0.045% (Dr. Green’s amount supposedly), and up to 0.1 or 0.2% (Agetron, through a pharmacy I believe). Stronger formulations haven’t been tested, so we don’t know if stronger is better.

6 Likes

Where do you live @eli? I tried to get cream done in my local pharmacy, but they said they could not prepare it since they do not have trascutol… Is yours prepared with trascutol? I was thinking maybe I get it when I travel somewhere as buying transcutol and grinding the pills myself is not the most enjoyable thought :sweat_smile: but at the end maybe I will.

1 Like

Living in Spain but I just bought it in Italy ( Rome ) too without issues ; trascutol is not specified on the packaging; it merely mentions : “ eudermic crème basis “

(And a tiny bit of sweet almond oil)

I also wanted to see effect ( and know costs ) before possibly making my own and investing in tools

One skin unfortunately does not seem to be available in EU

2 Likes

Pardon my ignorance…does the product “Oneskin” contain the senolytic peptide or is it something different again? I have downloaded and read the peptide paper and it looks very interesting.
I need something…my face is starting to resemble that of a rather hastily-embalmed lizard!

1 Like

Skin aging is a multifaceted process that involves intrinsic and extrinsic mechanisms that lead to various structural and physiological changes in the skin. Intrinsic aging is associated with programmed aging and cellular senescence, which are caused by endogenous oxidative stress and cellular damage. Extrinsic aging is the result of environmental factors, such as ultraviolet (UV) radiation and pollution, and leads to the production of reactive oxygen species, ultimately causing DNA damage and cellular dysfunction. In aged skin, senescent cells accumulate and contribute to the degradation of the extracellular matrix, which further contributes to the aging process. To combat the symptoms of aging, various topical agents and clinical procedures such as chemical peels, injectables, and energy-based devices have been developed. These procedures address different symptoms of aging, but to devise an effective anti-aging treatment protocol, it is essential to thoroughly understand the mechanisms of skin aging. This review provides an overview of the mechanisms of skin aging and their significance in the development of anti-aging treatments.

Open Access Paper:

Thx. @eli. This is the same as I can get here in my local pharmacy. It is standard European compounding ingredient. Maybe I will have to invest into some transcutol and do it myself… or see if any european studies were not using transcutol and still got results…

This are the ingredients:
purified water, white petrolatum, cetyl and stearyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, macrogol cetyl stearyl ether, benzyl alcohol, sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, phosphoric acid, sodium hydroxide

1 Like

Yes it contains the peptide. I’ve found it to be very effective. I noticed the most difference in the first couple of months. My skin became visibly tighter and smoother. Quite a stark change actually. The downside is that it’s quite expensive. It’s become quite the hit within my circles.

7 Likes

OneSkin really helped the crepey skin on my legs that I’ve had ever since losing a lot of weight.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for your reply Paul!

I’ll see if I can track some down.

1 Like

So is transcutol better then ?
Any idea on EU alternative for Oneskin?

It’s only currently available in the US I believe.

I am waiting for Oneskin to be available in Europe too :innocent:
I was almost willing to harass friends who live in US to send it to me.
I have been using tretinoin for years with great success, it is in fact almost the only skin product I use on my face and neck (it is cheap, works and my skin is doing great). I have been using it for 10 years I believe and it essentially stopped skin aging.

3 Likes

Yes, I just saw that on their website. Luckily I have a relative there who can either send me some or bring some when they visit.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: IL-17 Protein plays an Important Role in skin Aging, Therapies Already FDA Approved

I am a big fan of OneSkin. I still use my rapamycin cream as well, but when I was using oneskin on my left hand and rapamycin cream on my right hand, my left hand looked better.

9 Likes