How to Reverse Skin Aging

@LaraPo I’ve found a few things I’ll share. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LaraPo these are for profhilo but I believe it should be the same.

3 Likes

Please don’t do it yourself :sweat_smile: I would really advise against it. Injecting hyaluronic acid you should be really knowledgable in skin anatomy to inject it in the right skin layer and avoid any blood vessels since you can cause occlusions and consequently tissue death.

2 Likes

Maybe you are right. How do you make you spray? Do you use it daily?

From this Twitter thread https://twitter.com/adanguyenx/status/1656700890253000704?s=20

https://jeuneinc.com/

Marble Therapeutics - Marble Therapeutics Company Profile: Valuation & Investors | PitchBook
Here - Denitsa Milanova on MRBL – Gene Therapy for Skin Rejuvenation

It’s a little strange advice for this forum. Most of us use different prescription medications without scripts :blush:

Injections are superficial - 4 mm max depth. I do similar treatments for many years without any complications (I did have a formal training though long time ago). Doing the same procedure at a doctor’s isn’t a guarantee that all will go without complications. Every time I tried the same with a dermatologist would leave me all bruised for a long time. It was a reason why I started doing it myself - nobody knows my skin and face anatomy better than I do.

5 Likes

Thank you for your concern. I truly appreciate it. Although I’m not a doctor I’ve worked in the medical field for over 25 years doing all kinds of sticks and blood draws etc so I’m either going to give it a go or take it to my nurse friend that does similar cosmetic type procedures.

3 Likes

Maybe I am a little paranoid as a result of living with a plastic surgeon and all the training he has done and is doing and hearing sometimes horror stories of self injecting or going to a badly or untrained doctor (or nurse) and how they are trying to fix those things in hospital. I also work in medical field although not in the immediate sense of the word but the first thing that comes to me is always Primum non nocere (first do no harm) and I go by this even for myself. Even when trying off label medicines I have this in my mind. I also understand that some cosmetic treatments have a ridiculous “mark up” as this field of medicine is in its roots for-profit and it makes you more drawn to DIY solutions, but I just wanted to point out that it can get out of hands. Profhilo/Ultrahilo can cause vascular occlusions. Doctors usually have hyaluronidase on hand to intervene quickly. There are late occlusions possibe, when symptoms would appear later. Just be careful.

5 Likes

I will try this, finaly found it… whats the point of having 20 different name for it though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

@scta123, Thank you for the reality check! I’m a pretty hardcore DIY’er and didn’t fully consider the potential adverse reactions. I will certainly be mindful of your warnings. The problem with working in the medical field is you see so much it’s sometimes hard to trust that others really know what they’re doing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe this goes without saying, but UV protection is the number one thing you can do to prevent skin aging. 90% of all skin aging has nothing to do with the passage of time and everything to do with UV damage.

Consistent UV protection, retinoid use, probably topical rapamycin, and conservative use of derm treatments like laser and microneedling are enough to reduce skin issues down to crazy small levels.

13 Likes

Some good sources / evaluations of sunscreens:

4 Likes

Yes, I use it daily. Everybody takes and formulations are found in the DIY thread.
I would like to say that the finer the mesh filter the better so that you don’t clog the sprayer on your spritzer bottle. Paper filters tend to clog up and are very slow.
DIY Rapamycin skin cream

4 Likes

Unfortunately the US requires sunscreens to be approved like pharmaceuticals so no new UV filters have come to the market since the 1970s. It just costs too much. But other countries have really amazing sunscreens with filters like Tinosorb and Mexoryl that do really excellent jobs of covering UVa light. Asian sunscreens as well as anything from La Roche Posay (they have the patents on Mexoryl) are really impressive.

5 Likes

I agree that avoiding UV damage is important. Though I am somewhat skeptical of sunscreens, since I have read a few articles suggesting that there are carcinogens or hormone disrupting chemicals in some. Lately I prefer to avoid sunlight during peak hours instead of covering myself with sunscreen.

There are some good physical sunscreens out there too. Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide… seem to be pretty inert biologically.

1 Like

Agreed. I, for one, am unable to tolerate any sunscreen and I have tried many including ones for sensitive skin and fragrance free. By the end of the day I always feel lousy wearing sunscreen. I am certain it is the sunscreen because if I do not put it on I feel fine. I tend to be a chemically sensitive person (i.e. they make me feel ill, including most perfumes. I was relieved recently when I heard Andrew Hubermann say on a podcast that he also can not tolerate perfumes, so at least I know it is not just me. My greatest social desire is for people to stop wearing artificial scents, men and women. They do not understand how objectionable they are. When I go to the beach even the smell of sunscreen makes me want to flee, but I don’t feel ill like when putting it on my skin.) I swear I could start a business sniffing out toxic chemicals in people’s houses. Its not just that they do not smell “nice”, they make me ill; imagine like going near an animal that has been dead for a week in the hot sun - yes, that sort of feeling.
I am interested in trying the newer non-US approved sunscreens. If anyone can recommend one with no smell and a shortish list of chemical ingredients.

2 Likes

This is one I used to use, and still occasionally use. It has a shorter list of ingredients than most and has no odor that I can detect. (Remember I am old so my sense of smell is not what it used to be) I have no affiliation with this company, but I do recommend their products.

1 Like

Odd how my limited-ingredient cat food costs twice as much and my limited-ingredient sunscreen costs four times as much. :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Totally doable! There are uTube videos of ladies who show you how, too

1 Like