How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

I have done this twice… maybe best to get blood drawn to see your trough and then take your rapa and go back for a second draw and test at 1 1/2 hours later. You get before trough and after t-max peak results with no days between for other influences.

Just a suggestion. I will be doing this a third time in a week.

2 Likes

thanks for the suggestion! ill try this as well

Marek Health just partnered with GetLabs, a mobile phlebotomy service. You can book a phlebotomist to come directly to your home, assuming you are in their service area. The phlebotomist draws your blood, spins it, and sends it directly to LabCorp.

https://app.getlabs.com/marekhealth

5 Likes

Do you have a website for ordering from Varun?

1 Like

I bought my Zydus from NIBA Health through Mr. Jag dish Nikose. They are currently providing Biocon Rapacan which should be nearly identical. You can contact him here:

rlhealthcare1928@gmail.com

He is very responsive and should be able to ship to you. @Desertshores recommended him to me.

1 Like

Its in the list of sites: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

2 Likes

LABCORP test, I do my blood draw through my GP’s Office.

My LABCORP results.
Just my t-max - I didn’t do the trough. Results 1.5 hours after 8mg and juice of 1 Red Grapefruit to chase it down. 7/25/2022 56.0 ng/mL Got a LABCORP warning to my GP. Too high. Had diarrhea for 3 days.

Next test a few weeks later to prove to my GP I was okay.
Trough 2.2 ng/mL 1.5 hours after 6mg and juice of 1 Red Grapefruit to chase it down. t-max 31 ng/mL . Hit my dosage goal. And… no diarrhea

Due to higher dosage in my system with grapefruit juice I am now going 10 days between dosing. Past week. 11/10/22 trough 0.7 ng/mL and 1.5 hours after 6mg and juice of 1 Red Grapefruit to chase it down. t-max 38.1 ng/mL Yep - hit my dosage goal area. And, again - no diarrhea.

So I get a consistent 5 to 6x’s multiplication of my dose (not the 3 to 3.5 that is often cited from research - again we are all different) when I use the juice of 1 Red Grapefruit to chase it down. If you really want to know what your dose is - you need a trough and a t-max 1.5 hours later test. I feel comfortable now with my dose. Just took this week biological age tests blood Glycan and spit TruMe. Seeing if higher dose to 30’s ng/mL past 7-months caused any changes from tests when I did straight 6mg and nothing else. I will share those biological age test results (comparative) when I get them back - in about 4 weeks.

4 Likes

FYI - changes with higher dose rapamycin on TruMe and GlycanAge test… aged faster on my biological age. 2 years on TruMe.

Fifteen years loss on GlycanAge test. Damn.

Still at 51 years biologically not bad… chronological age 65.

Going back to lower dosage 6mg weekly. Will retest in 7 months.

1 Like

I took GFJ only with the pills… Fresh squeezed …1 red grapefruit and had a 5.5 times boost.

1 Like

Yes I understand the research numbers and protocols of GFJ dosing - I think it is a lot of effort and hokum. Just saying, I have done the LabCorp test at trough and 1.5 hours after dosing 3 separate times, so for me my figures are accurate and the manner of using GFJ with the dose - I get basically get a 5.5 times increase. For me it is enough to take the GFJ with my rapa dose and be done.

To know, you could do what I do and see your results. washout a week so you assume your trough is zero or minimum - take your dose with fresh squeezed Red GFJ and do a Labcorp test - the only way to truly know your numbers. :wink:

2 Likes

I really appreciate all the information shared in this thread. I have been taking sirolimus for several months. Initially I was taking 6 mg a week from a compounded pharmarcy, and according to labcorp my levels one hour after ingestion with cream were undetectable (<.5 ng/mL). I switched to the amazon generic three weeks ago and re-took the test last week an hour after 6 mg of those pills; My levels this time were 17.8 ng/mL. So my results support the reports that most compounded versions aren’t well absorbed.

6 Likes

Hi-

1. They were done at the same LabCorp and went to the same lab.
  2. My doctor is talking with the compounding pharmacy and he is going to have a few more patients run the same test.
  3. The compounding pharmacy used capsules, which weren’t coated.
    I don’t know about the fillers. I’ve used this compounding pharmacy for LDN and B12 shots before, without any issues.
    Good question on whether the capsules take longer to metabolize. I wasn’t precise in my original post: my blood was drawn a little later with the compounding capsules than the amazon tablets (80 minutes vs. 60 minutes.) @Rapadmin mentioned on the first post in this thread that 60 minutes is typically the peak.
  4. My doctor has a good relationship with the comp pharmacy and they had ordered enough pure sirolimus powder to offer a good deal on 3 mg capsules. It was slightly cheaper than amazon so it wasn’t a big deal for me to switch. Since the cost-per-mg is so similar it’s not worth it for me to run more tests on the compounding version now that I know I am absorbing the generics from amazon so well.
3 Likes

Sorry if this is a dumb question. In order to get the inexpensive Rapamycin blood test with Marek Health, is it necessary to become a Marek telehelath member and pay their $250 annual fee, and possibly other fees?

You can just buy the rapa test.

1 Like

Good news that I don’t have to join Marek Health to get the test. Thanks!

1 Like

FWIW

10% off any test

From Marek Health
Promo Code “RBP”
Without the " "
Working as of today 01/18/2023 @10:15pm

4 Likes

Think this Google Sheet half-life chart can help in trying to figure out individual Rapamycin absorption and half-life metabolism (significantly modified a worksheet found on Age Reversal Network self-experimentation forum): Rapamycins Half Life Graphs 1-2-23.xlsx - Google Sheetsit’s easier to double click on and view cell contents (preferably in full-screen, F11, mode with minimized, ^, menu bar) if you have a Google account, but not necessary (you can also just enlarge/drag-down the single-line formula bar). In order to erase and input your own data, you’ll need to download a copy first.

FYI, have added a 1/2 day column to take account of taking Rapamycin the night before to take advantage of performing concurrent blood lab tests (requiring overnight fasting), which mercifully minimizes jabs.

Of note, personally figured out that my Rapamycin half-life is a particularly fast 41 hours , and that my absorption/conversion rate is particularly low at ~ 1mg=1ng/ml (others usually have around 1/1.7). Further found out that piperine and pasteurized grapefruit juice (GFJ) had no effect at all, while fresh squeezed GFJ achieved roughly 6.5%/ounce (~50% /8 oz.) additional absorption. (Had to take roughly 32 ounces GFJ to achieve 300% total absorption at 10 cal/oz.) Most people should have significantly higher (300% or more) absorption increase from just 8 ounces.

8 Likes

Exactly… why if I do use GFJ… I squeeze 1 fresh Red Grapefruit… makes about 5 fluid ounces and drink it with the dose… and I get a 6x’s multiplication of my rapamycin dose.

Been on Rapamycin 2 1/2 years. Pretty much no extra fat anywhere. So maybe I get a bigger kick.

2 Likes

Great link - thanks for sharing. I think this can be helpful to everyone here.

2 Likes

Can you share what the exact protocol you applied to determine your rapamycin half-life? At what times did you do your blood tests?

1 Like