How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

I didn’t think these are “real” brands from India, so unless you also got it from Varun, it might be a different manufacturer, or maybe I’m wrong?

I took it on an empty stomach as soon as I woke up, and didn’t eat until after the blood test. Simply because I don’t normally eat breakfast.

1 Like

“I didn’t think these are “real” brands from India”

I’m not sure what you mean but the brand Zydus is the same no matter where you get it from.

“I took it on an empty stomach as soon as I woke up”

Nice, so it looks like bioavailability was not an issue on an empty stomach. Thanks for the reply.

These are real brands from real companies.

Zydus is a multi-billion dollar multinational:

and Biocon also is a Billion $ Multinational:

4 Likes

Agetron, thank you again for the advice. Today I got my results. Glycan Age lists my biological age as 20 and my chronological age as 53.

This is disappointing. There is nothing about me that seems to be unusually young. I am not anything like 20. So I feel like something went wrong. I will talk to them and also look through the details and see if I can understand this better.

I started Rapamycin on Sept. 8, after I took the test, but it took until today for the results to come in. So I’ve been on Rapamycin a bit now.

Regardless, I am certain that it was logical to run a test before starting Rapamycin. So I remain convinced you gave me excellent advice.

1 Like

Hello Thorin,

I agree with you - that sounds completely off. And it isn’t a cheap test at that.
THe reason I felt better about the Glycan Age company and pre-test because the PEARL clinical trail has faith in it too as a biological determinate.

Link: https://longevity.technology/news/agelessrx-and-funding-an-irb-approved-rapamycin-trial/

But effectiveness is also a key trial demonstrable, says Isman.
“We’ll be doing close to $3,000 of testing per person,” he explains. “This includes the Horvath clock and methylation peak testing, to see if rapamycin slows down your biological age. We’ll do microbiome testing, glycan age testing, bone density scan, visceral fat measurements, among others, and we’ll see if over the six months of the trial if rapamycin shows any Longevity benefits through those tests.”

Sounds like the test was corupted somehow.

@rapadmin and others, because I’m using the compounded capsules from TM, I’d like to get the blood sirolimus test. And because I open up the TM capsules and put them inside enteric capsules (see my test at New Peter Attia interview w/Matt Kaeberlein, inferior bioavailability of encapsulated rapa - #32 by jjrap1), I think, based on that test, that the contents don’t dump for ~2hrs. I propose taking 6mg with GF and EVOO on an otherwise empty stomach (I have doing exactly this to no ill-effect). How long after taking the rapa do you suppose I should aim to be tested at LabCorp? I would clearly like to hit the tMax or at least close enough to it to validate the effectivity of the capsules/methodology. I was thinking ~2.5 hrs, but ??? Any input/suggestions you have would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi all.

I plan to get my blood sirolimus levels tested.

I would like to get my levels tested after my dose and again before my dose.

Should I get my first test 3-4 hours after taking rapamycin? and the next test 7 days later, just before my next dose? I take 6mg weekly. thank you

If your goal is to see the peak blood/sirolimus levels I would try to get the test about 1 hour after taking the rapamycin. That is roughly when it peaks. And yes - the trough levels are just before you take your next dose, so 7 days later.

2 Likes

awesome thank you! the place where I get the blood tested is only 30 minutes away so thats good. I’ll keep everyone updated once i get the results back.

2 Likes

I have done this twice… maybe best to get blood drawn to see your trough and then take your rapa and go back for a second draw and test at 1 1/2 hours later. You get before trough and after t-max peak results with no days between for other influences.

Just a suggestion. I will be doing this a third time in a week.

2 Likes

thanks for the suggestion! ill try this as well

Marek Health just partnered with GetLabs, a mobile phlebotomy service. You can book a phlebotomist to come directly to your home, assuming you are in their service area. The phlebotomist draws your blood, spins it, and sends it directly to LabCorp.

https://app.getlabs.com/marekhealth

5 Likes

Do you have a website for ordering from Varun?

1 Like

I bought my Zydus from NIBA Health through Mr. Jag dish Nikose. They are currently providing Biocon Rapacan which should be nearly identical. You can contact him here:

rlhealthcare1928@gmail.com

He is very responsive and should be able to ship to you. @Desertshores recommended him to me.

1 Like

Its in the list of sites: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

2 Likes

LABCORP test, I do my blood draw through my GP’s Office.

My LABCORP results.
Just my t-max - I didn’t do the trough. Results 1.5 hours after 8mg and juice of 1 Red Grapefruit to chase it down. 7/25/2022 56.0 ng/mL Got a LABCORP warning to my GP. Too high. Had diarrhea for 3 days.

Next test a few weeks later to prove to my GP I was okay.
Trough 2.2 ng/mL 1.5 hours after 6mg and juice of 1 Red Grapefruit to chase it down. t-max 31 ng/mL . Hit my dosage goal. And… no diarrhea

Due to higher dosage in my system with grapefruit juice I am now going 10 days between dosing. Past week. 11/10/22 trough 0.7 ng/mL and 1.5 hours after 6mg and juice of 1 Red Grapefruit to chase it down. t-max 38.1 ng/mL Yep - hit my dosage goal area. And, again - no diarrhea.

So I get a consistent 5 to 6x’s multiplication of my dose (not the 3 to 3.5 that is often cited from research - again we are all different) when I use the juice of 1 Red Grapefruit to chase it down. If you really want to know what your dose is - you need a trough and a t-max 1.5 hours later test. I feel comfortable now with my dose. Just took this week biological age tests blood Glycan and spit TruMe. Seeing if higher dose to 30’s ng/mL past 7-months caused any changes from tests when I did straight 6mg and nothing else. I will share those biological age test results (comparative) when I get them back - in about 4 weeks.

4 Likes

FYI - changes with higher dose rapamycin on TruMe and GlycanAge test… aged faster on my biological age. 2 years on TruMe.

Fifteen years loss on GlycanAge test. Damn.

Still at 51 years biologically not bad… chronological age 65.

Going back to lower dosage 6mg weekly. Will retest in 7 months.

1 Like

I took GFJ only with the pills… Fresh squeezed …1 red grapefruit and had a 5.5 times boost.

1 Like

Yes I understand the research numbers and protocols of GFJ dosing - I think it is a lot of effort and hokum. Just saying, I have done the LabCorp test at trough and 1.5 hours after dosing 3 separate times, so for me my figures are accurate and the manner of using GFJ with the dose - I get basically get a 5.5 times increase. For me it is enough to take the GFJ with my rapa dose and be done.

To know, you could do what I do and see your results. washout a week so you assume your trough is zero or minimum - take your dose with fresh squeezed Red GFJ and do a Labcorp test - the only way to truly know your numbers. :wink:

2 Likes

I really appreciate all the information shared in this thread. I have been taking sirolimus for several months. Initially I was taking 6 mg a week from a compounded pharmarcy, and according to labcorp my levels one hour after ingestion with cream were undetectable (<.5 ng/mL). I switched to the amazon generic three weeks ago and re-took the test last week an hour after 6 mg of those pills; My levels this time were 17.8 ng/mL. So my results support the reports that most compounded versions aren’t well absorbed.

6 Likes