How to buy Rapamycin (Sirolimus)? What is the cost?

So you’re thinking I shouldn’t use the insurance?

This shouldn’t be an issue for medical insurance, since they aren’t allowed to discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions. Maybe life insurance, though?

I don’t know your situation well enough to comment on that. Just trying to help you identify pros and cons of each approach.

I pay about $40 per month for the rapamycin i use. Even if i could get it covered by insurance i don’t think it would be worth it for me.

4 Likes

Can I ask where you get it?

I just order from one of the online stores on our list. I try different store each order.

Here is some more breakdown kinetics data on the enteric coated capsules from this vendor. Appears they start breaking down right away, but they don’t fully dissolve (is this how we should interpret this graph, the full wall breakthrough and release of contents?) does not happen until 120 mins.

1 Like

I called them today to ask about their 6mg rapa caps. They said they are not enteric coated. :frowning:

Easy enough to open the caps and dump them into some inexpensive enteric coated caps (only 9 bucks for 100 enteric gel caps on amazon, for instance). That’s what I’m going to do with my dog’s rapamycin capsules.

1 Like

Ordered and paid for 100 1mg tablets, 10 stripes
Rapacam, Sirolimus on 24th May 2022.
RL PHARMA & NIBA Healthcare.
Cost : $78
Shopping : $36
Total: $114.
Paid vía wise.com
Arrived in London this morning 1st June 2022.
8 days un total!

6 Likes

Sirolimus is a Tier 2 drug on my Medicare Advantage Formulary. I pay $3 for 30 tables of 2mg Sirolimus. I use the Costco Web Pharmacy. Costco sources the Sirolimus from Dr. Reddy, an Indian company. My insurance is
Wellcare No Premium Best (HMO)
(H5087-016-000)
Policy # CA065
RXBIN: 004336
RXPCN: MEDDADV
RXGRP: 788257
I asked my PCP for a prescription.

2 Likes

Hi Steffan, welcome to the site and thanks for posting your info.

So - I’m curious - how did you manage to convince your PCP for a prescription? And you even got it covered by insurance - wow, great news. How does your doctor classify it, given you probably don’t have cancer or an organ transplant which is the “normal” method of getting rapamycin?

I’m 71. I’ve been seeing the same primary care physician for 10+ years. He usually just prescribes whatever I ask for, though he would not give me a prescription for medical pot. On my formulary “Prior Authorization” is not required for Sirolimus. Since its an FDA-approved drug, physicians can prescribe it for off-label uses. He prescribed Metformin and I don’t have diabetes, same deal I think. I did switch Medicare Advantage plans during the last enrollment period, specifically because Sirolimus (and Testosterone Gel) were Tier 4 ($100 copay) on my previous plan, and they are both Tier 2 ($3 copay) on my Wellcare plan. My PCP knows I don’t abuse prescriptions and I do my research. He trusts me, plus he had studied it a bit himself. He did not give it to me on the first visit I asked for it. He probably then studied it more and the second time I asked, he prescribed it. Here’s my formulary:
Drug List Search | Wellcare

4 Likes

Anyone tried buying from College Pharmacy with a prescription?

College Pharmacy now sells rapamycin 5mg capsules for a little less than $6 each.

College Pharmacy

Ph: (800)888-9358 x137

Fax: (866)480-7483

collegepharmacy.com

mailto:gabe@collegepharmacy.com

1 Like

FWIW, today 06/18/2022 I purchased 24 2mg tablets, Dr D brand, with an online coupon for $110.33 at a Local ACME Pharmacy

2 Likes

Is there anyone else who lives in Hong Kong who would be willing to let me chip in on a shipment of Rapamycin from India or elsewhere? Please PM me if you are.

I am able to get a prescription, but the cost at the local pharmacy is about $10 USD/ 1 mg for Rappamune (Pfizer). Insurance won’t cover it though.

I just tried and Wise.com said they won’t send to that seller.

They will if you transfer dollars to euros unless they have changed in the last few days. But, as I said it will cost more and take longer.
I just completed a transaction using Wise to Jagdish using dollars to euros. It will just cost more and take longer because Wise will use the Swift network to make the transfer.
You can make a direct transfer from your bank account to an Indian bank. Your bank will use the Swift network to make the transfer.

Someone here has said you can make a transfer using a Bank of America credit card. I haven’t tried that.

FYI I just bought 90 x 2 mg sirolimus at my local Calif pharmacy for $400 using the Singlecare RX discount card. Not the lowest price I’ve seen but pretty good and much better than Amazon.

4 Likes

Morlock, what size dose do you intend to take, how often and for how long? 10mg is bigger than the usual 1mg pill. If you are going to use a smaller dose how would you parcel it? Thank you in advance for your response.

I have some questions about buying from IndiaMart:

1. Do they have any dispute resolution? Does the rating mean anything?

2. Has anyone used Blue Crystal International? They have a 4.9 / 5 rating.

3. Is SiroBoon by Kachhela a reputable brand?