What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

Where do you get enteric coated? I’ll do that also.

I use the TM capsules as well. Bought empty enteric capsules at Amazon and put the TM non-enteric capsules inside.

2 Likes

Seems like bioavailability depends on the fillers used. I think that when they compared enteric coated with regular aspirin it didn’t make much difference, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

That’s very clever actually. They’re just empty capsules?

Great idea! I’m going to buy these:

2 Likes

I haven’t bought them yet, but was looking at these enteric coated on Amazon. Seems @jjrap1 also is using these same enteric coated.

Dissolution curve data shows 2 hrs for wall emptying, should be in small intestine by then.

Also asking some of my local pharmacy contacts for anything “pharma grade enteric” they could source for me as well.

2 Likes

Yes. I also use regular veggie caps (not enteric) to take my liquid magnesium supplement. It tastes like battery acid, so I just fill these empty caps, and swallow along with a bunch of other supplements. Little trick.

Once the outer capsule dissolves, rather than having to now wait additionally for the inner capsule to dissolve, you could empty its contents into the acid resistant capsule. Or what I’ve been doing with my Tailormade is piercing the ends of the inner cap with a pin to expedite flow through.

Very good. So I guess you’re using the purecaps acid resistant ones and then piercing the TM caps. Great idea. I don’t really want to stop ordering from tailor because I get alot from them and they seem very high quality. They’ll send you the lab reports on purity. Even though they raised their prices they’re still reasonable.

Yes, these are the capsules I bought! i.e. the “PurecapsUSA – Empty White Vegetarian and Vegan Delayed Release/ Acid-Resistant - Preservative Free” ones cited above. Piercing the caps seems like a good idea!

1 Like

@jjrap1 Not sure your dosing protocol, notice any difference by any metric using enteric coated?

I’m doing the usual AG protocol of 6mg 1X/week. No detectable differences, but it’s probably too early to tell. I switched to the TM pills from the generic sirolimus just 3 weeks ago, and to using the enteric capsule strategy 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

@jjrap1 Not sure it matters, but the vendor clarified they are NOT enteric coated as per the packaging label, but indeed timed released. And yes, the dissolution graph at 120 minutes indicates time point when the wall is breached, emptying contents. Just wanted to be 100% sure it didn’t suggest the integrity of the entire capsule itself (important distinction)

Yep; note from seller states:
"No, not enteric coated with phthalate. They are acid resistant/ Delayed Release, which is slightly different than “enteric, " although sometimes used interchangeably. Our vegan Delayed Release are technically not enteric coated. Delayed Release have all natural ingredients I’m the actual Capsule that makes it dissolve in a high pH (small intestines roughly 1.5-2 hours). This is opposed to a true enteric that has a coating. True enteric tend to be gelatin capsules as that raw material is not well suited for Delayed Release and therefore needs an actual coating.”

So I got some of these “enteric/delayed release” capsules as possible refinement to improve bioavailability and consistency delivery. I believe I mistakenly interpreted the “dissolution curve” as the data representing the side wall/capsule decay, but in fact, it appears to simply represent the % dissolution of the contents. That’s a completely different dynamic.

So I experimented with white vinegar, ph 2.5. Stomach acid is ph 1.5, 10X stronger (pH is a log scale, like richter scale)

Not impressed. They become quite soft and pliable. 2nd image shows capsules after 2 hrs, flattened, the two halves essentially begin to separate with time. I took a blow dryer and gently heated one cap to reduce it’s size, stuff it inside another as way to increase time to entry of liquid. I compromised the capsule, not a valid dual layer experiment.

The last picture, I put beet juice inside a cap, and redid test. The juice would of course colour the vinegar with any escape. The vinegar rather quickly took on a reddish hue, clearly, vinegar and beet juice were mixing, thus compromising the entire rationale for using…protecting the rapamycin. You can make out the separation of the top cap with the main body.

A workaround “might be” to buy two sizes (they exist on amazon), and stuff one inside the other, it might allow for sufficient protection to pass through the stomach. But I’d have to test this to be sure.

There may exist far better pharma grade capsules out there, but I haven’t looked too hard.

So for anyone using this route, you may not be getting the delayed rapa ride you think you are.

9 Likes

I forwarded your test report to the manufacturer. I will post any response.

I do see on Amazon that this exact product is no longer available, although its replacement looks the same.

2 Likes

Yeah they misrepresented as enteric when they should not have.

The capsules are likely just fine…if you understand the dissolution report.

But not perhaps for what is our objective.

FWIW… putting lipstick on a pig , you still have a pig.

Would it not be easier, less expensive to purchase rapamycin {sirolimus] commercially manufacturer tablets?

1 Like

Sorry, please elaborate your comment? What lipstick on what pig? Lol

1 Like

For sure. But some of us, like me, already have a supply of probably good rapa powder encapsulated by Tailormade. Still hoping to find the right lipstick.

4 Likes