Highlights from the 2023 Longevity Summit

Thank you Rap Admin. For the past few years, I keep approaching the starting line of Dasatinib and Fisetin but each time, I back off given I’m not convinced of the safety profile. I was approaching the starting line again and then read your post here. So backing off again. HA! Appreciate the reply.

1 Like

What is the safety profile issue with Fisetin?

1 Like

I’ve not heard anything regarding safety issues with Fiseten. I think the bigger issue would likely be the cancer drug dasatinib.

3 Likes

Hi RapAdmin,
Do you have a link to the “latest SGLT2 inhibitor review article”?
Thank you.

1 Like

1-s2.0-S0033062023001068-main.pdf (1.9 MB)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0033062023001068?via%3Dihub

4 Likes

@DrG was nice enough to post it. But we also have links to all the latest good papers on canagliflozin and other SGLT2 inhibitors in this thread: Canagliflozin - Another Top Anti-aging Drug

I’ve thought about this a fair bit. I don’t think this will ever be financially viable or practical. Growing a body and keeping it in optimal health is a massive energy expenditure. You’d essentially need to double food production. Also our bodies are shaped by our environment, it may be possible to stimulate muscles and replicate exercise to keep the body in perfect health but it seems like an incredible amount of resources. Even if you were to say grow a body and do the transplant at the earliest possible window, which is probably around late adolescence. I think it’s more likely we’ll find a way to grow specific organs for transplant, but then even that probably requires an organ of a certain maturity for it to function well enough. It’s super interesting.

1 Like

Using what product? Please explain!

He’s talking about the OneSkin product. See the presentation above.

I found the website where they sell it. See here:

2 Likes

I’ve been using their face cream, eye cream, and body lotion for several months now. I love them! I receive positive comments on my skin. I use to use rapamycin cream, but it made me break out with acne. I’d love to try it again at some point, but OneSkin has been a great alternative. I think their products work. I’m going to continue to use them.

3 Likes

I’ve been using OneSkin on my hands and face (the eye cream, face cream and body lotion) for perhaps three months now. I like the products, and I’m going to continue with them, but I must mention that so far, I haven’t noticed any dramatic changes. I actually went so far as to do a couple “before” photos in my bathroom (which none of you will ever see, since I took them without a speck of makeup on, in a very bright, harsh light–not flattering!), and I compared them to new photos, taken in the same conditions, about a week ago. Well…I’m not looking any worse (haha), but I can’t say that I’m seeing any improvement, either. I believe the company says it’ll take several months to see noteworthy changes, so I’ll let you know what I think in another month or two.

I do want to say that I’ve been reading up on them for quite some time, and I was also in attendance at the longevity summit that our beloved RapAdmin so thoroughly reported on (Thanks, RapAdmin!), and I believe their research is legit.

6 Likes

Several days ago, I also took some before pictures around my eyes. I’ll apply only OneSkin around one eye and my usual rapamycin cream around the other. I hope to see a difference in a few months.

4 Likes

Canagliflozin is getting all of the headlines. Maybe because Ivokana Canagliflozin is not available as a generic in the U.S.
Empagliflozin is a generic and might be the better choice for both efficacy and cost.
Empaglifozin is available from India at about a 33% cheaper price than Canaglifozin.

"We found similar reductions in worsening HF with empagliflozin, canagliflozin and dapagliflozin. However, empagliflozin was associated with a greater reduction in all-cause and cardiovascular mortality.

“Comparative efficacy of sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors (SGLT2i) for cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials”

https://sci-hub.se/10.1007/s10741-020-09954-8

2 Likes

I haven’t tried rapamycin cream, although I know that many of our members are using it. Where are you getting it? I’m down for joining you in your experiment!

1 Like

My current recipe for rapamycin skin cream, based on Dr. Green’s recipe, uses any skin cream plus 16mg rapamycin (ground, then the “skin” of the tablet thoroughly removed via a tea strainer) mixed with 100g skin cream +2% transcutol (2g) to increase absorption.

2 Likes

The most common source I hear of for purchasing rapamycin topical cream is the Healthspan product:

I suspect a protocol that may be beneficial is alternating the rapamycin cream with the OS1 cream - so that you get the collagen growth that the OS1 seems to provide (which rapamycin will not).

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this site, RapAdmin! I saw your suggestion for alternating rapa cream with OS1 in your report on the longevity summit (outstanding report, by the way!), and I thought it was a good one. I hadn’t investigated a rapa cream source yet, so thanks again for your assistance.

Thanks for the recipe! Have you been using it for a while? Any pro/con results so far? And I assume you’re simply using “regular” rapamycin pills and grinding them up? RapAdmin just provided a commercial source for rapa cream, as well, which I will also investigate. As soon as I’ve obtained some cream, I’ll join you in an experiment. I think I’ll use the top of my hand for mine, and we can compare notes.

Yes, regular rapa pills ground up. I’ve been using it for about 18 months irregularly until now, so I can’t say I have noticed a difference. Now I’ve started using the two creams around the eyes twice a day.