Help with setting up an N=1 study

I have now got my first prescription for Rapamune (Pfizer) :pray: My goal is to setup one N=1 study when I start taking rapamycin. What are the things that can be interesting and/or good to get pre-data points on and also data points during I take it.

Here are some possible data points

• HRV tracking

• Sleep tracking

• Metformin TAME trial biomakers
    See link: Table - PMC

• Blood test with 43 biomarkers
    See link: Hälsokontroll XL Plus - Vår mest omfattande paket - 1 995 kr

• Periodontologist measures the gingival pockets between my teeths with photos.

• Skin photos

• Hair photos

• Hearing test online

• Eye test online

• Epigentic clock

• Max pushups

• Sickness frequency

• Weight and waist measures

• Inbody test: muscle and fat percentage

• Grip strength

• Bar hanging time

• Weights in basic gym exercises

• Weekly subjective rating of mood, longevity will, stress level, energy levels, pain, sleep quality and diet.

7 Likes

Check for LDL-c potential increase.
Not necessarily a problem.

Do a DEXA scan… fat, muscle, bone

6 Likes

Dental records… pocket depth but also dental xrays (get copies of?) - pre and post test, per the discussion around this topic (this study was funded based on the good results of bone growth from oral dosing of rapamycin to mice): New Study Funded: Towards reversing periodontal disease using Rapamycin

and discussion here: DIY Rapamycin Toothpaste and Flossing Paste

2 Likes

One other idea… if you’re close to a medical school they may have an exercise physiology lab there that does low cost testing. I’ve gone to these and you can get all kinds of great tests, from DEXA to VO2max, etc. at low cost.

Eg: Exercise & Fitness Testing | Department of Kinesiology

9 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out. I have a big pallet of blood biomakers and I checked that LDL-C is part of that :+1:

The Inbody test is very similiar test as DEXA. It’s not as good but I think tests have shown that the data is around 98% similiar to DEXA. And in that test you get also bone data if I don’t remember it totally wrong.

2 Likes

Yes, will have talk to my dentist but nice to take photos also. I will avoid more xray for a while now because I took quite many photos this year.

Ah, nice with the medical school. I think we have one in my town. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Do you have any Oximeter oxygen reader to recommend?

Interesting with the skin health and hair quality. Is there a good way of testing this?

Great tips regarding searching for “home health tests”.

You cannot use xrays to diagnose periodontitis, sensitivity is much too low and bone level is subject to the angles of the plate and tube

5 Likes

Measuring fingernail growth indicates stem cell availabilty. I go for a high frequency hearing test online as it is perhaps more granular.

2 Likes

Interesting with the skin health and hair quality. Is there a good way of testing this?

Last week I paid for a visia scan

It has a cost, but it gives numbers as to facial skin quality which means you can identify a direction of travel. There may be a similar process for other skin, but I would think unless you are using topical molecules skin more generally is likely to respond to the same exogenous molecules in a similar manner.

3 Likes

Yes, I talked to a dentist and xray is not reliable way of doing this. Good that you poing this out.

:+1: If you find a good hearing test online let me know!

Can you share the result from the visia scan. It sounds very interesting!

I use this one

I get 14kHz

4 Likes

2 Likes

I could hear 16 khz at a high volume but only 15 khz at a normal volume. I accidentally started it up with my volume maxxed out.

2 Likes

Its quite a good test because it is easy to tell whether or not you can hear the frequency. The ones which do normal hearing are often about comprehension which can be more subtle.

There are various pages about age ranges. This is one:

From my point of view where the page says “12,000 Hz is hard for anyone over 50 years of age to hear.” I am quite happy in that I can hear 14kHz, but am 62. However, since I have used this test little has changed although sometimes I have heard 15kHz, but not consistently.

5 Likes

Super interesting result! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

absolutely test your steroid hormone panel before/after. very curious!

3 Likes

What does steroid hormone panel mean?

In my current yearly blood work with 42 biomarkers I check for example these biomarkers:

• S-Testosterone
  • S-SHBG
  • S-Kortisol
  • S-DHEAS

Is it these you mean or some other ones?