A comprehensive list of tests for pre and post rapamycin and for overall health

Hello, wonderful rapa community,

If you had to re-do your rapamycin journey all over again, what would be some of the tests that you wish you could have done before taking rapamycin to see how much impact your rapamycin is having on your overall health?

As we are aiming to maintain our health, the goal would be to have non-invasive, no or low radiation tests. Here is a list of tests that I would be interested in seeing before and after:

1. TruDiagnostic epigenetic test (TruAge test)
  2. Full blood panel
  3. Kidney function test (some biomarkers included in full blood panel)
  4. Liver function test (some biomarkers included in full blood panel)
  5. Thyroid function test (some biomarkers included in full blood panel)
  6. Coronary Artery Calcium Score (low radiation; no contrast used)
  7. DEXA scan
  8. Blood pressure test
  9. Cellular NAD test
  10. Full body MRI
  11. Colonoscopy
  12. PSA test (for men)
  13. Breast imaging (for women)
  14. Pap smear (for women)

Some other tests that might be interesting to see would be:

1. VO2 max test
  2. Metabolic efficiency test
  3. Resting metabolic rate
  4. Various strength tests (squat, deadlift, bench)

What else would you add to the list?

Thank you so much.

4 Likes

I’d add to the strength tests, length of time you can do a dead hang for measuring grip strength.
I wouldn’t however bother with the TruDiagnostic as it’s a waste of money in my opinion - you’d be better off doing something like the 23andMe to see what your APOE numbers are etc.

2 Likes

It should help with arthritis, so if you have any issues with limited motion in joints, write that down so that you can remember what it was like before.

It is supposed to help with oral bacteria, maybe a dentist can add a good test to see if this is true. Maybe measuring the distance between the tooth and the gums or something. Depth of pockets? Oral bacteria are a big deal as they are usually found at the bottom of the plaque that makes up your heart disease.

Maybe some kind of memory test. It seemed to help me a lot early on. Now my brain is getting worse all the time. I have no measure to go by, just have terrible time remembering names and sometimes ideas I’ve had and just can’t bring them back.

Any other age related symptoms that you may experience. Write them down.

Love this idea!

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts, RPS. I’m curious, why do you feel that TruDiagnostic is a waste of money?
I have done 23andMe already and found it useful. I have also done the TruDiagnostic test (a couple of times) but do not know how accurate it is.

Great ideas, Bicep, regarding doing memory tests as well as getting an evaluation of dental health! Also, I really like the idea of writing down any age related symptoms as well. Thanks.

This might be too expensive, but a gut microbiome test could also be useful.

1 Like

See the Rejuvenation Olympics thread.

1 Like

In this post you can find many interesting tests

3 Likes