Health Supplements for alleviating tinntinus

I ask ChatGPT the following question:
what health supplements can alleviate the symptom of tinntinus?
reply:
Tinnitus is a condition characterized by ringing or buzzing in the ears that can be caused by various factors, including age-related hearing loss, ear injury, or exposure to loud noises. While there is no cure for tinnitus, some health supplements may help alleviate its symptoms. Here are some examples:

1. Zinc: Some studies suggest that zinc supplementation may help reduce tinnitus symptoms in people who have low levels of this mineral in their body.
  2. Magnesium: Magnesium is an essential mineral that plays a role in many bodily processes, including the functioning of the auditory system. Studies have shown that magnesium supplementation may help reduce tinnitus symptoms in some people.
  3. Ginkgo biloba: This herb has been traditionally used in Chinese medicine to treat various conditions, including tinnitus. Some studies have suggested that ginkgo biloba supplementation may improve blood flow to the ears and reduce tinnitus symptoms.
  4. Melatonin: Melatonin is a hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycles and has antioxidant properties. Some studies have suggested that melatonin supplementation may help reduce tinnitus symptoms, especially in people who have trouble sleeping due to their tinnitus.

then i asked: how about NAC and acetyl L-carnitine?

ChapGPT replied:
N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) are two other supplements that have been studied for their potential benefits in reducing tinnitus symptoms.

NAC is an amino acid that acts as an antioxidant and helps to boost the levels of glutathione, a natural antioxidant in the body. Some studies have suggested that NAC may help to reduce tinnitus symptoms by protecting the inner ear from oxidative stress, which can cause damage to the cells and nerves in the ear. However, more research is needed to confirm these findings.

ALC is a nutrient that helps to produce energy in the cells and may also have antioxidant properties. Some studies have suggested that ALC supplementation may improve tinnitus symptoms by increasing blood flow to the ear and reducing inflammation. However, like with NAC, more research is needed to confirm these findings.

4 Likes

i am over 70 and suffer from intermittent tinntinus. Rapamycin seems to work for the first couple days. But the noise in the ears returns especially after i took a nap. after i took NAC plus ALC, it seems getting better. I struggle to find supplements that are good for the old brain. I addition to the list above, what i can think of are the following additional supplements: Lion’s mare, notoginseng, aspirin, Omega-3, Vitamin B12, Ginko biloba, cinnamon.
Any more?

2 Likes

I have started having some high pitch cricket tinnitus for the last 4 months, I take those suggested supplements but have not seen a benefit.

2 Likes

are there FDA-approved drugs that can cure tinntinus?

ChatGPT replied:

There are currently no FDA-approved drugs that can cure tinnitus. Tinnitus is a condition that causes a person to perceive ringing, buzzing, or other sounds in their ears or head, and there is no known cure for the underlying condition. However, there are some FDA-approved drugs that may help alleviate the symptoms of tinnitus.

For example, some antidepressant medications may help relieve tinnitus symptoms, as can certain anti-anxiety drugs. There are also some drugs that have been specifically developed for tinnitus, such as the drug acamprosate, which is used to treat alcohol dependence but has also shown promise in treating tinnitus.

Since I take every one of the supplements mentioned by ChatGP I can assure you that at least for me they have had zero effects on my tinnitus.

2 Likes

Same here. Tinnitus from 20 yrs in the military. No help from any supplements.
Btw, so far very unimpressed by chatgpt.

3 Likes

Believe Bryan Johnson uses this:

Tested by the Stanford University School of Medicine, Threshold Sound Conditioning (TSC) is a non-invasive acoustic (sound) technology that is designed to maintain and restore your natural hearing ability and reduce the symptoms of tinnitus.

See also

And

“It’s like physical therapy for your hearing.”

“The app launched about five years ago and received substantial critical acclaim from within the scientific community. By obtaining approval by the FDA, the medical claims of the app can be more expansive, detailed and in-depth pertaining to how it helps users maintain and even restore hearing.”

4 Likes

cross linking to this on sub-post another new technology based solution to treat tinnitus:

1 Like

Same. Have tried all mentioned supplements but have not had any success. Still searching though, there got a be something that must help…the only thing that helps a bit is if listen to certain music, but the help is temporary and tinnitus returns same as before within hour or so

Taurine is said to activates GABA receptors, which can minimize the neurological signals that cause ringing in the ears.

1 Like

Very interesting, any sources?

3 Likes

Thanks for this. While I use Taurine I’ll use it even more

Neo, this AudioCardio device sounds great, but I looked for the research they say Stanford University did and could not find it anywhere. Without any research data to study it seems like it may be more like smoke and mirrors. If you know a link to the study, I’m interested.

1 Like

Did not look at that deep into it before

This seems to be the paper though - authors were not faculty at Stanford, but study was conducted there it seems:

Another app for Tinnitus:

App:

1 Like