For Those Who Take Indian Generic Rapamycin, Which do you take?

Thanks for recommending Girish. I wouldn’t have had the confidence to send $ nor be confident of the product. It’s in the mail.

Ola! Did you get your order from GIrish? How’d it go…fast and well-packed? Thanks!

Is Ausmed’s Sirlofast a good brand? From India? Thanks.

Never heard of Sirlofast.

Most of us use Zydus or Biocon. Both effective.

2 Likes

Never heard of it either (and I’ve done a lot of searches on rapamycin and sirolimus over the years. I recommend you stick with one of the major companies like Zydus or Biocon. The smaller companies just are not as likely to have good quality control in their organizations.

2 Likes

I received sirolimus from an Indian Pharmacy awhile back but haven’t started taking it yet. It is called Siroboon and is manufactured by Kachhela. What are the possible negative side effects from taking Rapamycin in that it impacts your immune system? I have been asking different questions here like how it effects eye health and could it possibly prevent the progression of macular degeneration but so far have not received any replies. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Francess,

It sounds like you are new to rapamycin. The questions you have are really basic questions that we have discussed in the past and that is covered in our FAQ. If you are not working with a doctor, I really encourage you to take your time and read up and learn as much as you can about rapamycin before taking it.

We also have a search feature at the top of the website. Please search on the site to see past discussions before you ask questions. And if the question isn’t already asked, its helpful to find a post that is similar to your question and add your question at the bottom of it.

This FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) list has most peoples questions answered: Rapamycin Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Also - I encourage you to spend a few months reading the forum to get caught up on what people are discussing and that I think you might find interesting. For example people are reporting that the Siroboon product seems to be of poor quality and may not provide the dosing and efficacy that you desire. see this thread: Siroboon Lab Blood Test Results

1 Like

There were actually varied reponses to the Siroboon as to being very strong (did you see that one) and then very weak… so it is not very consistent. I have been reading these posts for over a year or so and have not found the answers to my qustions. I will do what you recommend and try to research more in the search field before I ask questions. But again, has anyone had any experience with Rapa and how it might pertain to macular degeneration?

1 Like

I have been taking Siroboon (6mg/week) since January. I plan to get a blood test to make sure that it is what it is. I did get a Certificate of Analysis from Kachela, which showed 98%…certainly not proof positive, but it helps.

3 Likes

The easiest way to tell if your medication contains the active ingredient (rapamycin) is a blood test. The test can be ordered through marekhealth (marekhealth.com) at ~$50 through LabCorp.

The first test I took was to make sure rapamycin was detected in my system - which proved that the Zydus pills I received were legit. I then took 2 tests several months later: the first one about 3 hours after a 6mg dose, then another test a week later to make sure I had full clearance before my next dose.

4 Likes

I am waiting for my (MarekHealth) blood test results. While I received a Cert of Authenticity from Siroboon, I was still a bit skeptical, so decided to make sure I had received what I bought. Blood draw 3 hour after taking my dose (in my case , 6mg/1x per week) …so should be able to set a baseline.

1 Like

Curious to know your results… please share!

I started taking rapamycin last August (seven months ago). Since then, I have taken nine Sirolimus (rapamycin) blood tests, all purchased from Marek Health ($59).

As RapAdmin states, there are quite a few reports on this site that show bad results for Siroboon. My blood tests after taking Siroboon have shown very little of it getting into the blood. I strongly suggest not using Siroboon.

I am very satisfied with the Biocon Rapacan as my testing has always shown good results. I buy 1mg pills for 60 cents/mg from Maulik at Shreeji Impex (ShreejiImpex.com) and give him a strong recommendation as he seems to have the best price and excellent service.

5 Likes

Zydus and Biocon are the brands that have shown the best results for Indian generics.

2 Likes

Not promising results for the Labcorp/Marek) blood test: .8 mg/Ml, 3 hours after taking 6mg Siroboon rapamycin. Now in a quandry about the quality of the product.

3 Likes

Blood test result …3 hours after taking 6mg ===>. .8ng/Ml. Not promising.

4 Likes

Wah…wah…wah…wahhhh (trombone sound) sucks! Time for something new.

2 Likes

Rapacan 1mg Rapamycin Tablet helps to prevent organ rejection after transplantation, and treating certain autoimmune diseases.
I have used Rapacan 1mg Rapamycin Tablet manufactured by Biocon.

1 Like

hitch… So the hose clamp website is what you are referring to?

No - I think he means this company: https://www.shreejiimpex.co.in

1 Like