For Those Who Take Indian Generic Rapamycin, Which do you take?

The easiest way to tell if your medication contains the active ingredient (rapamycin) is a blood test. The test can be ordered through marekhealth (marekhealth.com) at ~$50 through LabCorp.

The first test I took was to make sure rapamycin was detected in my system - which proved that the Zydus pills I received were legit. I then took 2 tests several months later: the first one about 3 hours after a 6mg dose, then another test a week later to make sure I had full clearance before my next dose.

4 Likes

I am waiting for my (MarekHealth) blood test results. While I received a Cert of Authenticity from Siroboon, I was still a bit skeptical, so decided to make sure I had received what I bought. Blood draw 3 hour after taking my dose (in my case , 6mg/1x per week) ā€¦so should be able to set a baseline.

1 Like

Curious to know your resultsā€¦ please share!

I started taking rapamycin last August (seven months ago). Since then, I have taken nine Sirolimus (rapamycin) blood tests, all purchased from Marek Health ($59).

As RapAdmin states, there are quite a few reports on this site that show bad results for Siroboon. My blood tests after taking Siroboon have shown very little of it getting into the blood. I strongly suggest not using Siroboon.

I am very satisfied with the Biocon Rapacan as my testing has always shown good results. I buy 1mg pills for 60 cents/mg from Maulik at Shreeji Impex (ShreejiImpex.com) and give him a strong recommendation as he seems to have the best price and excellent service.

6 Likes

Zydus and Biocon are the brands that have shown the best results for Indian generics.

3 Likes

Not promising results for the Labcorp/Marek) blood test: .8 mg/Ml, 3 hours after taking 6mg Siroboon rapamycin. Now in a quandry about the quality of the product.

3 Likes

Blood test result ā€¦3 hours after taking 6mg ===>. .8ng/Ml. Not promising.

4 Likes

Wahā€¦wahā€¦wahā€¦wahhhh (trombone sound) sucks! Time for something new.

2 Likes

Rapacan 1mg Rapamycin Tablet helps to prevent organ rejection after transplantation, and treating certain autoimmune diseases.
I have used Rapacan 1mg Rapamycin Tablet manufactured by Biocon.

1 Like

hitchā€¦ So the hose clamp website is what you are referring to?

No - I think he means this company: https://www.shreejiimpex.co.in

1 Like

I have a new favorite: (Thanks @hitch)

Maulik Parekh, maulik7@gmail.com

As much as I have enjoyed doing business with Jagdish Nikose, who has always been reliable, Maulik is more convenient (takes Visa, $15 fee) and at least for this shipment incredibly fast. This is the shortest time between ordering and delivery from India that I have ever experienced.

Less than 14 days from initial order, including payment time, to delivery.

Pluses:

Fast delivery

Low prices (actually, significantly cheaper than Jagdish for the same brand)

Takes Visa

I didnā€™t have to sign for delivery. Which is kind of a big deal for my as I didnā€™t have to stay home on the day of delivery.

And he gave me 10 bonus tablets

Delivered

Delivered, Parcel Locker

LAS VEGAS, NV

May 4, 2024, 4:11 pm

Out for Delivery

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

April 29, 2024, 6:51 pm

Inbound Into Customs

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Facility

MUMBAI AIRPORTSORTING OFFICE, INDIA

April 26, 2024, 7:46 pm

Processed Through Facility

MUMBAI AIRPORTSORTING OFFICE, INDIA

April 26, 2024, 7:10 pm

Acceptance

INDIA

April 26, 2024, 6:22 pm

4 Likes

Consensus seems to be:

1. Zydus (used in Matt Kaeberlienā€™s dog aging trial)
  2. Biocon

Siroboon still seems to be hit or miss based on the reports people have given so far.

2 Likes

Yes - very mixed results with Siroboon. Probably not worth the risk (even with the lower price). See this thread on siroboon blood testing results: Siroboon Lab Blood Test Results

1 Like

I got a quote from Maulik yesterday and the Visa fee is now $42. Not sure its worth the convenienceā€¦

Here is my quote:

Please find our quote as below :

300 tablets of Zydus Sirolimus - 300$
100 tablets of Minoxidil tablets (10mg tablets) Intas Lonitab - 80$

Shipping to USA - 30$
Visa fee - 42$

Total - 452$

1 Like

That is unfortunate. I hope that was a mistake on his part.
I would tell him that you are only willing to pay a $15 Visa fee or you will shop elsewhere. I have encountered similar excess charges from other vendors I requested quotes from, but it was usually either for the goods or the shipping fee.
I have found in general that Indian suppliers are willing to negotiate fees.

On Mon, 22 Apr, 2024, 11:53 pm Maulik Parekh, maulik7@gmail.com wrote:
120$ / 300 pills Galamer 4
30$ / Shipping to USA
Visa fee is 15$ need to add the same Sir

I wouldnā€™t touch Siroboon with a 10 foot pole. Why would you risk getting a bad shipment of 200-400 pills if youā€™re only saving a few pennies?

We have a saying for this in the financial world. ā€œItā€™s like picking up pennies in front of a train.ā€

3 Likes

Maulik charges 10% of purchase price for using a credit card. So if your order is $150, you pay a $15 credit card fee and $420 would cost you $42. He told me that is his cost.

I have a Schwab account and they only charge $15 for an international wire. Iā€™m not certain, but I think you can open an account there for free.

2 Likes

Wise only charges around 0.35% per transfer, so if youā€™re going to be doing this on a regular basis I would highly recommend using Wise (and it works well with virtually any of the Indian vendors from what Iā€™ve seen).

Iā€™ve recently set my account up - its easy - and then its as easy as sending money with PayPal. You just log on, you save the information of the people / companies you are sending money to, and just click and send like PayPal. (admittedly, to prevent you from accidentally wiring money it has all sorts of warnings and texts you codes to confirm you are who you say you are, which is fine for security purposes).

2 Likes