Fighting Alzheimer’s with Increased Autophagy via Rapamycin + Trehalose

FWIW

I take trehalose and D-Ribose for the possibility of therapeutical benefits. Not for sweetness.

Today around 5:20pm had cold coffee approximately 16oz, added 15g of trehalose and 5g of D-Ribose

I take it for the benefits, not the sweetness also. For me, however, I cannot stand to put any supplements into my precious black coffee except for 5 grams of creatine which is tasteless and only goes into my first cup of coffee.
15 grams of trehalose and 5 g of D-Ribose would have me visiting the bathroom in a relatively short time ~ 2 hrs.
I alternate trehalose in my protein drink on days I work out and D-Ribose on my oatmeal on days I don’t. But, the combo of oatmeal and D-Ribose makes me pretty gassy.

1 Like

5 grams of metformin??

1 Like

You use metformin powder?

1 Like

Sorry, “Metformin on my mind” :rofl:

And, I don’t even know what metformin tastes like.
Well, that’s a new possibility, has anyone looked into very high dose metformin? :smile:

Yes. Large doses of metformin make you feel like you’re having a heart attack. It’s called hypoglycemia. :dizzy_face:

Can anyone suggesst a good place to buy Trehalose? Brand? Thanks!

I just purchased off Amazon. I don’t see any companies I recognize selling trehalose - so no idea if its a good brand or not.

This one has Trehalose, D-Ribose and Citrus Pectin. Great combination, but never heard of the brand…

I got this one, I have no idea if it promotes longevity or brain health in humans but I do know it tastes great in espresso

https://www.amazon.nl/TREHALOSE-Minder-zoet-gewone-suiker/dp/B07SR4D774

1 Like

Purchase the individual compound and mix your own.

That is what I did, this brand was discussed in a thread earlier this year.

Same mix and you can adjust for your requirement for much less cost per dose/amount

Where can you buy the individual components? I couldn’t find Trehalose anywhere. I am always looking for higher quality and less expensive supplements.

Amazon.com has many vendors selling trehalose.

When I search Amazon for Trehalose, I only find two options, and the powder seems more reasonable than the liquid. Am I missing something? Does it have another name?

Don’t these come up?

3 Likes

These all show up as ‘Currently Unavailable’ or ‘Does not ship to your country.’ Are you able to order any of these? I guess I only have one option for Trehalose from Amazon, and I can’t find any on iHerb.

2 Likes

I will try Trehalose. It’s very cheap, the price from the near local grocery is 1kg for $5.77 USD .

1 Like

Does anyone have thoughts on trehalose dosing for humans?

2 Likes

Two tablespoons/day should be about right. Thats approximately 20 grams and I find it easily consumed as a sweetener for my coffee.

Some studies used 100g/day, but it is said that even 1 teaspoon per day is helpful with glucose control.

2 Likes