Feeling younger than your age may be good for your health (WaPo)

With Rapamycin I definitely feel about 10 or 20 years younger, so I guess this is a good thing. This reminds me of these threads:

Here: Rapamycin Changes How you Think About Aging
Here: I’m 53 in Real Life But Only 36 Years Old in My Head (The Atlantic)

Feeling younger than your age may be good for your health

Older adults who feel young at heart may not just live longer, but may also have more life satisfaction, lower dementia risk and reduced depression symptoms

A younger subjective age is correlated with better overall health and can serve as a “biopsychosocial marker” predictive of healthy aging beyond chronological age, studies show.

This perception of youth is, in one sense, a denial of reality.

“You’re not accepting who you are, you’re sort of lowballing it, you’re lying to yourself to make yourself feel better — that should be less healthy,” said Yaakov Hoffman, a clinical psychologist and associate professor of social sciences at Bar-Ilan University, Israel.

Research, however, has consistently found that feeling younger is usually associated with better health. “We know that those who feel younger are healthier,” said Markus Wettstein, a psychologist at Humboldt University of Berlin. “They also remain healthier over time.”

Older adults who feel young at heart may not only live longer, but may also have more life satisfaction, lower dementia risk, reduced depression symptoms and better health in the future.

Full article:
https://archive.ph/8U5yZ

2 Likes