"Early" Longevity Program by Peter Attia Launches

Let us know if you find that one thing. Good luck.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to the Drive since before there was a paywall. The decision was made to exclude advertisements. Are you old enough to remember when cable TV promised no advertisements? My first sessions included Tom Dayspring (all 5 podcasts). This was like an A&P lecture. My sense is that I’ll probably buy in for the Early service.

To be clear (as Frank and the Mothers said: “we’re only in it for the money…”). Stick with Obamacare or whatever collective throttled bureaucratic system SVP, or take control.

How much!? Just curious, what’s the source for this?

FWIW

Attia’s concierge medical service cost in the $160k per patient per year. Paid up front, not pay as you go.

This has been posted several times

A member on this forum applied {you make an application to try to be his patient) in 2021/2022 his fee was $157,500.

Attia’s cost for consultation is well known.

Contact his office, apply and you will see.

Review the following, an overview how he became a celebrity.

1 Like

It might be more tempting to pay the $2,500 for the program if you knew you were getting irrefutably correct information. Of course, that is not the case. Even if you were able to and did enroll in Early you would only be getting Attia’s views on the best approaches. Some of his approaches are extremely controversial.
Other well regarded experts have very different views particularly in the areas of diet and “exogenous chemicals”. For example, between Valter Longo, Oliver Zollman (advisor to Bryan Johnson) and Peter Attia an exercising 170 pound man (with reasonably low body fat) would receive advice to eat very differently and to have a daily protein intake of approximately 55 grams (Longo),100 grams (Zollman), or 145 grams (Attia). Each of the experts considers the advice of the other two experts detrimental to your longevity.
Zollman and Longo recommend a diet many times more restrictive that Attia does. Are there significant benefits to such restrictions? You must decide.
I’ll mention just one example of exogenous chemicals. My take from Peter’s book and his podcasts is that he is in favor of extreme lowering of apoB via statins and other drugs for a majority of people from a relatively early age. Lowering them to levels that could never occur naturally. I don’t think other experts have come out in favor of this. Is it a worthwhile approach? You decide.
There are many other items such as Attia’s view on CGMs for non-diabetics as described by Joseph above, but at least items won’t hurt you, though they might waste your time and money.
My point is, you pay $2,500 for a large number of controversial approaches to maximizing your longevity (and admittedly a good deal of information that is generally regarded as true, particularly in the area of exercise).

7 Likes

Every time I hear the word “expert” this comes to mind.

2 Likes

Lowering them to levels that could never occur naturally. I don’t think other experts have come out in favor of this.

Lower is better, and safe. Lower LDL-C levels, down to <20 mg/dL (<0.5 mmol/L), was associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular outcomes with no significant safety concerns.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.121.056536

1 Like

I may have misquoted this… I think it may be closer to $160K. I’ve heard this most recently from Matt Kaeberlein’s co-worker Stuart, when I spoke with them at the Longevity Summit up at the Buck Institute in December last year. Optispan - Health Span, Venture Capital, Aging Research

1 Like

Sorry it took so long to response. ChatGPT4 is roughly $20/Month. You upload an image of your charts and ask it to “Interpret these results for me”. Itll give generic warning that its not a doctor but it does give some good info. Its still in its infancy but week by week it gets a bit better.

2 Likes

How does it compare to the free public version? Can it search the internet?

It does everything the free one does, but it also can analyze images and processes much quicker with updated data sets. Worth it if you have the budget for it.

1 Like

The free one is fascinating. Is your version updated to today or is it limited to pre-2021?

I have read his book, been a premium member for a few years, and just swallowed the 2500 and signed up.

Here are the modules in the program
I only did module one so far, which is what you would know from his book/podcast.

On first glance, I would rather he not do the pro video content, and focus instead on keeping the content up to date as his thinking changes.

7 Likes

This is really frustrating. $2500 for access to videos and worksheets is incredibly expensive.

I don’t know what to say about it beyond that. This isn’t even health coaching or diagnostics or any actual treatment.

1 Like

Immortality–be it thru miracle products or religion–has always been a lucrative product.

4 Likes

I just don’t really get it. New customers have almost no marginal cost. The videos are done, the materials are done. He could easily get 10x more customers charging $250 for access and spread the information to way more people.

At $2500 it almost feels like a lead generation tool to find future patients for his practice.

1 Like

Some good info here in this thread, including tables of contents for all the modules and a link to their lab testing partner, showing the recommended labs.

https://reddit.com/r/PeterAttia/comments/139yvcs/early_module_1/

2 Likes

This a modern version of a mail order / correspondence course.

https://courses.dcs.wisc.edu/wp/ilinstructors/2019/07/25/a-history-of-correspondence-course-programs/

Not many people have $160,000 for his yearly consultation fee. Not including testing, traveling, prescription, etc all out of pocket.

I see this as just an opportunity for him to generate additional passive income based on his “celebrity status”{people are making a celebrity out of him based on videos, posting, a consumer book, etc].

Has he published any work on longevity in any peer reviewed publications?

Do you really think you will have a one to one dialogue with Attia himself for a $2,500 course/training/coaching {what ever you would like to call it]?

Repeating myself;

Selling the sizzle, you can hear and smell, but you are not going to have steak.

He is a good salesperson, closing the transaction via record video, the picture painting itself.

4 Likes

These are the tests he is proposing (male version). Bundle costs over 500 usd. I made a calculation for local hospital, if I would pay it out of pocket the whole bundle would cost around 90-100 eur. This is what I was talking about medicine for profit.

8 Likes