"Early" Longevity Program by Peter Attia Launches

Its not that I find him elitist, quite the opposite, his approach is usually geared towards the common folk. Its in this situation, he’s essentially created a paywall – a likely insurmountable one for most folk – between him and this information. Its an accessibility issue.

I could pay this fee, you might be able to as well but the average person who may be desperate to extend their healthspan – and lifespan – will be excluded from this information or worse, choose to purchase this information at the cost of something else. Its gross and gimmicky and turns my stomach towards Attia.

It wasnt his million dollar clientele that made his name, it was the common longevity biohacker and the average jane/john who was interested in living a better healthspan.

A good example of serving both clienteles need would have been him creating a tiered service with similar tools but a personalised Attia service for the $2500+ fee. Nah, lets just charge $2500 for the same stuff that was already in the book but with IMovie videos shot in Attias basement with Joe Rogan doing the VO.

1 Like

I’d love to hear more about this!

Yes - I can definitely empathize with this view. I grew up in a country with universal healthcare and I’m surprised the American populace accepts what they have. At the same time I can see some benefits of the profit driven model; as that is what is driving most of the advances and investment in longevity therapeutics. Most of the innovation in longevity seems to be coming the USA longevity biotech sector, and I don’t see nearly as much activity in other countries with better healthcare systems. I’m sure there are better systems that the world has right now, but with all the vested interests its really hard to change.

Longer term it seems that the countries with universal healthcare systems like Europe and Canada would hugely benefit from moving towards a true “healthcare” and prevention orientation vs. the current sickcare models. If these governments funded good clinical trials for Acarbose, Rapamycin, Canagliflozin, etc. and then made the successful age-mitigation therapeutics available for free to their populations they would likely save their healthcare systems hundreds of billions of dollars/euros, etc.

It really is a missed opportunity right now.

5 Likes

Have to agree with this. I have no problem with him charging for this service, that’s his prerogative. He’s not a charity. The fee is beyond lots of people I’m sure, but if we look at the bigger picture there’s a lot of movement in this field and just like any new development it’s always more expensive at the beginning. There are more and more these type of programs launching and the better off always benefit first. But the potential rewards are too big for it to stay this way for too long. There’s a fantastic business opportunity here I’m sure if people look for it.

2 Likes

Attia posted two simulated conversations with actors to his early site today. I found them interesting but nothing I’m seeing is even close to worthy of $2,500. I would like to get ahold of their supplement recommendation listing and their lab test ranges documents but I can’t justify $2,500 even if me and my family members gain access to the information. It will be interesting to see if any of the information ends up leaking to the public.

6 Likes

Sam, welcome to the forums. It would be valuable to have someone who has read his book, who has been a member of his PeterAttiaMD website (getting access to all the podcast notes and Ask Me Anything videos, etc.) and compare it to this new website. I get the feeling its just a more systematized version of the same information, with perhaps more detail.

Right now - yes, hard to justify $2,500, but compared to his fee of $130K/yr as a private client its a deal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is looking like a remake of the “Trump University”

For those that do not know/ recall review;

My thought;

“Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it”. ’ The quote is most likely due to writer and philosopher George Santayana, and in its original form it read, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Above from: "Those Who Do Not Learn History Are Doomed To Repeat It." Really? - Big Think

1 Like

You are right. I’ve listened to every single one of his podcasts and have access to his website and all the show notes/videos. There is no way I could learn anything new joining this programme that is remotely worth $2,500.
I think though for those who have never listened to his podcasts (or any of the others in this space), who don’t like reading books and much prefer to stare at a screen but are serious about improving their health then this is probably worth every penny/cent, and on that basis I think he is charging a fair price (for an extra 5-10 healthy years).
Peter’s problem is that his only channel of marketing is to people like us who know 99% of what is in the program.
I wonder what he will do with very few sign-ups.

4 Likes

Intelligent, yes

The Dunning-Kruger Effect

Is this worth $2,500?

In my view, no.

Their is always someone more intelligent.

Looks like Bryan Johnson’s Blueprint is now letting people sign up for a waitlist.

Not sure how similar vs different his service/product will be from Dr Attia’s , but does seem to create further momentum for this space.

Perhaps it will also create some competition.

One can sign up for the waitlist here

2 Likes

FWIW

The stage 1 cost $1,800 per month.

As he mentioned/stated in the live video he was in from the UK several weeks ago.

I do not think may people will spend $1,800 per month to start his “blueprint program”.

As I have stated in other posting, if a person spend 1% of what the purported amount he spends {2 mil per year) $20,000 per year the person would not cover much. And the general public cound not afford the cost.

Everyone is selling the sizzle, you can hear and smell, but you are not going to have steak.

3 Likes

FWIW

Their are others who already have/or are expanding “longevity/
prevention clinics” , companies. They are expensive, not as expensive as Attia’s annual fee. And you get mutch better information on yourself better that “blueprint”, or Attia.

Such as Peter Diamandis, MD, has started and funded many companies {26 at last count] and has the capital, a 500mil venture fund he controls.

His Fountain Medical Clinics cost $12.000 to $20.000 per year membership (like a Country Club, paid up front, not pay as you go) and you are offered scans, consultation with an MD, prescriptions etc., Included the annual membership cost. Yes, they offer other treatment{stem, gene, etc} outside the US at additional cost just like a Country Club.

I have labs from MyChart(Epic), CPL, Quest, Labcorp, and Healow. I can’t seem to consolidate them in a usable format. Any ideas? Would be hilarious if my ChatGPT pro could help.

1 Like

I subscribe to his website/podcast, bought the book, and signed up for Early. Just started with Early obviously. If you diligently work through all of his podcasts, then the book doesn’t have any groundbreaking new information. Still, the cost of the book was small. Yes, Early is expensive but years ago I found by accident that changing my diet made a substantial difference to my healthspan as it eliminated joint pain that was rapidly becoming debilitating. If I learn one thing from Early that lengthens my healthspan even by a year, it will be money well invested. In the first module there is nothing that is strikingly new. I did get an excel sheet with recommended tests and recommended ranges. I assume that this will be discussed in detail in upcoming modules.

10 Likes

“…but I have much less respect for him than I did before and I hope he comes to his senses and returns this program to its original intent – making longevity protocols approachable AND obtainable”.
Why would he ever do that if he is raking in money? Rhetorical question…He is cashing in on what he created.

3 Likes

Please keep us informed of new items in the Early program that are not available in his book and his podcasts (I understand this must be in general terms as you can not violate his copyrights). I think many of us would find this very interesting.

4 Likes

Let us know if you find that one thing. Good luck.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to the Drive since before there was a paywall. The decision was made to exclude advertisements. Are you old enough to remember when cable TV promised no advertisements? My first sessions included Tom Dayspring (all 5 podcasts). This was like an A&P lecture. My sense is that I’ll probably buy in for the Early service.

To be clear (as Frank and the Mothers said: “we’re only in it for the money…”). Stick with Obamacare or whatever collective throttled bureaucratic system SVP, or take control.

How much!? Just curious, what’s the source for this?

FWIW

Attia’s concierge medical service cost in the $160k per patient per year. Paid up front, not pay as you go.

This has been posted several times

A member on this forum applied {you make an application to try to be his patient) in 2021/2022 his fee was $157,500.

Attia’s cost for consultation is well known.

Contact his office, apply and you will see.

Review the following, an overview how he became a celebrity.

1 Like