"Early" Longevity Program by Peter Attia Launches

He is just a salesman trying to sell his product.

He probably got an (ill) advice on scarcity marketing trying to position his brand (into the luxury segment?) and the fear of shortage might sell more… If it works for Hermes Birkin bag it might for PA too, but is it rational? Certainly not and IMO he is just making a dent in his credibility…

8 Likes

I’n my view you are correct he is a good salesman.

And yes, I have offended some on this forum calling Attia a good salesman before, And I do not apologize for that.

Attia is a good salesman, extremely good using the Edward Bernays methodology.

3 Likes

It would not be fair to complain about people making a living or even getting rich from their efforts. I don’t see any conflict of interest here. Attia has helped a lot of people, me included. For me, Attia was the first “expert” (perhaps he wasn’t in the beginning) who wasn’t selling something. Even when he was wrong or later changed his mind, think he was honest. He had resources I could not begin to acquire, and I benefited from his sharing of what he learned. There are many options these days, and I don’t spend much time on The Drive anymore. I would never use this service, but that’s just me. I just don’t trust anyone fully anymore.

7 Likes

How else is he going to pay for all of his staff and full time researchers?
I think he probably provides a lot of value with his Early program, way more than the cost for those that can afford it.

Using special tactics to get paid is called being a rational actor with a business. As long as he doesn’t lie it’s fine. There’s probably some limit in how many can sign up (support, etc?).

For example I think Michael Lustgarten would get a lot more views by changing his thumbnails, applying some science to it.

6 Likes

Masses are easy to manipulate.

1 Like

“He had resources I could not begin to acquire, and I benefited from his sharing of what he learned. There are many options these days, and I don’t spend much time on The Drive anymore. I would never use this service, but that’s just me.”

I agree, Dr. Attia was a voice of reason for me 3 plus years ago. He helped me understand aging… and the things that would not help… and the one thing that did have merit rapamycin. Listened to a lot of his Drive shows.

Kinda done now, would not use his Early program because I don’t think it would give me much more benefit. But, some would need and benefit.

I also don’t use a health or gym coach… some people do. I think there could be some benefit, but I am committed, so don’t need the pressure of a coach to make me go. Like a drill Sargeant. The gains would be small in my opinion and the thought of a rigid schedule to be instructed… just not appealing to my more spontaneous lifestyle.

6 Likes

The majority are easy to manipulate, as I have posted before.

Read and truly understand Edward Bernays classical writings;

Propaganda

Crystallizing Public Opinion

The Engineering of Consent

In my view he was a very unethical person with no morals. A DB.

He lived till 103

4 Likes

There is no reason his advice or any other expert’s advice should be free. Your physician certainly isn’t giving you advice for free. I was skeptical of Peter Attia and while I don’t agree with all of his advice, most of the time he is correct.

3 Likes

If you buy Attia’s book, Outlive, you get most of the current information for a more reasonable price.

2 Likes

You can use Bard, it’s free and yes if you give instructions, it could build your tables.

Jonas, Can you provide any examples of the “prompts” that you’ve used to successfully do this?

I just tell Bard build in a table format … of A, B, C and then just copy the data.

I’m confused - does BARD put the data into the table, or does it just create a simple table and you have to copy all the data into it?

BARD will put the data into the table defined by you, after you pasted the data after the prompts.

1 Like

There’s a kernel of truth in your first sentence. Working at McKinsey taught him the importance of looking objectively at risk, and it’s management of risk in a world where nearly everyone dies of diseases of aging that Medicine 2.0 fails at. Medicine 3.0 is in substantial part about looking at what our real risks are over time and intervening early when they can be prevented instead of waiting until they reach clinical disease status and then aggressively trying to prevent a crisis. His approach to apoB and other CVD risk factors (vs. the usual 10-year risk calculation) and to aggressive cancer screening are examples of this rebalancing of risk.

6 Likes

Texasgirl…

How are you finding your EARLY program?

Do you coordinate with your General Practitioner with the program?

TIA

2 Likes

From Peter Attia today:

View this email in your browser

660xauto
Greetings,

On Wednesday, I introduced you to Early , an intensive 12-module program that provides you with the information and tools necessary to engineer your own longevity playbook from start to finish. Today, I’d like to offer you a free preview of some of the content available in the Early program.

One of the most important, and enjoyable, aspects of our practice is the conversations we have with our patients . In these conversations, we define the issues specific to that patient as well as the tactics we intend to deploy to address them. We were confronted with an interesting question in the development of Early

How can Early participants experience these conversations without talking with one of our physicians directly?

In response to this question, we created one of my favorite aspects of the Early program. We recorded patient conversations for you to watch. While the people I am speaking with in the videos are actors, the health scenarios that we discuss are real and have been selected to highlight specific clinical situations I believe are illustrative to everyone.

These conversations cover a diverse range of demographics, family history, lab results, genetic predispositions, and more.

The value in watching me have these conversations is not that you will hear your exact set of circumstances discussed. It is in learning how to think about any health issue as it relates to longevity.

Today, we have made two of these patient conversations available for you to watch . These discussions deal with two patients at very different stages in life. One male, the other female. One in his 40’s, the other in her 60’s.

I encourage you to watch both videos as they each deal with scenarios that are relevant to all of us. No matter your age or current health status, the time to begin is now .

As a reminder, we are allowing a limited number of participants into the Early program and will close the enrollment period once capacity for this cohort has been reached.

I sincerely hope that you will join us on this journey .

Thank you for your continued support, listenership, and our shared commitment to a better, longer life.

-Peter

262xauto

2 Likes

I had signed up for the waiting list, but I never got an email probably because of my spam filter. I checked back today and was able to enroll immediately, which I did.

1 Like

But it definitely seems clear that they are just admitting new people in waves. If you are on the waiting list, you will definitely be admitted whenever it opens next. There are no capacity constraints.

I would be surprised if there’s any push to use their provider for the tests. I had the Boston heart balance test done last year. The cheapest price I could find for that one single test was $125 (or $100 I can’t remember exactly). So maybe $500 for all of them isn’t outrageous?

2 Likes

So, you’re talking about these tests?

https://bostonheartdiagnostics.com/test/boston-heart-cholesterol-balance-test/

https://bostonheartdiagnostics.com/test/boston-heart-fatty-acid-balance-test/

Were they of much value to you? Why?

2 Likes