Dr. Joan Mannick — mTOR’s Role in Aging

My ferritin was pretty much the same level (5) doctor put me on 3 iron tablets a day for a few months and now its normal again. I also donated lots of blood so most likely the cause as I wasn’t even taking rapamycin at the time it was so low.

Yes: professor emeritus (that is, no longer a professor) in the Division of Endocrinology (that is, not a cardiologist). There is a very strong scientific consensus that apoB/LDL-cholesterol is the core driver of atherosclerosis.

Low-density lipoproteins cause atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
Evidence from genetic, epidemiologic, and clinical studies. A consensus statement from the European Atherosclerosis Society Consensus Panel | European Heart Journal | Oxford Academic]

1 Like

I think it’s pointless to debate the LDL topic further, at this point it is beating a dead horse. The LDL denialist wackos are going to stick to their positions no matter the evidence. I’ve seen it too much, the repeating ad nauseam of the same flawed arguments that have been debunked and destroyed over and over by superior evidence. The human mind is fascinating, the debate is not.

2 Likes

You’re conflating two different things. When people say that apoB/LDL-C drive “heart disease,” they mean atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) — the single greatest killer on the planet.

The kind of “heart disease” that involves cardiac fibrosis is heart failure, which is a different kind of cardiovascular problem entirely with different drivers.

True, but don’t jump to the converse. You can have all those other risk factors under control and still be killed by ASCVD if your apoB is high enough: this is exactly what happens in even fairly young people with familial hypercholesterolemia.

Would you please link said discussion?

It’s here: Rapamycin and risk of cardiovascular disease

2 Likes

Well, I was not aware that it comes with such risk, but now that i know it i will not give it to my worst enemy lol. There is many other good stuff we can use with little or no side effects, for example i do Glycine plus NAC, Take niacin, and nicotinamide 4-5 days per week, take maintenance dose of Vit C and L-lysine, Take Wild cod liver oil, and few other goodies and never experienced any side effects. I am afraid rapa will end up being like metformin and some other so call longevity drugs that actually don’t do anything for longevity… i have stopped it for now, going to wait couple months, and might try one more time with smaller dose…

1 Like