Dosage experience and source

You know I did find that when I took rapamune with grapefruit juice… and then did a Labcorp test hours later, my numbers came out really low… that’s rapamune.

Now I understand why it was low… maybe it’s too coated and takes longer to get into the system. Thanks.

1 Like

What liquid are you using? You sound like you’re taking liquid sirolimus, is that right?

I don’t think we’ve had anyone here taking liquid sirolimus before. Everyone usually takes the 1mg (or 2mg) tablets.

1 Like

I pay $45.00 for 3 months thru my insurance

1 Like

How many tablets (1mg tablets?) is that for, and what is your dosing per week?

6 tablets, 6mg/week is my prescription

1 Like

So should I try the blood test after 24 hours? Considering that I normally only react after 24 hours.

On the day I take the pills nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Great setup Kytexas! Just wondering…how did you get your doc to prescribe the 6mg a week?
Which doc and where do you get the pills? I’m in Texas and have insurance…

Dr Morris. I live in Texas

The consultation is 400 every 6 months

I’m wondering if 2mg with GFC may be too much? I don’t get diarrhoea but my stools are all floating and it smelled off. Normally they are normal with very little smell. I’ve decided to take active charcoal pills and hope that it fixes it but before I go to 6mg and GFC in 3 days time, has anyone else have had this sort of experience?

From Biocon regarding their Rapacan Sirolimus:

Pharmacokinetics
Sirolimus is rapidly but poorly absorbed following oral administration with an approximate oral bioavailability of 15%. It reaches maximum blood concentrations in 0.5-2.3 hours after dosing.

I think many people are using the Biocon Sirolimus (including me). It seems like a test at two hours is reasonable.

I also see on this site that many people are taking their rapa with a high fat meal. This will lower the cmax but increase the AUC (lower peak but longer lasting). Which is optimal- a higher concentration or having it in your bloodstream for a longer time? I’m voting for a higher concentration.

2 Likes

A good question. I’m betting on the higher peak at the cost of lower AUC. I want Rapa to do its thing and then get out entirely before my next dose.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. This is the information from Pfizer: “Following administration of the sirolimus tablet, sirolimus tmax was approximately 3 hours after single doses in healthy volunteers and multiple doses in renal transplant patients.” Pfizer PDF

I think the fact that there are now documented differences between manufacturers for absorption rates just emphasizes why someone should wait longer to have their blood drawn if they are aiming to compare other generics to Rapamune and Rapacan. Unless such data is also obtained from the manufacturers for products like Siroboon, SiroSafe, etc.

yes I am taking liquid yes

I’m on week 5. Like week 1 it triggered by gout again but I took a lot of water to reduce the inflammation. I’ve a mouth ulcer from last week which I’m keeping under control with mouth wash. After 24 hours I’m starting to fart again so I added 4x 200mg of active charcoal pills. Might need it for 3 days. Just waiting patiently for my blood results back from the lab.

So, you take 2mg Zydus with GFJ every 10 days, correct?

1 Like

Hey James…
Yes! After being on several rapamycin dosing protocols for the past 3.5 years.

I have settled on 2 mg rapamycin (zydus) with fresh GFJ (5 fluid ounces… one grapefruit). Taking every 10 days. Based on Labcorp tests I get a 6x’s increase… 12 ng/mL 2 hours after dose. Took my rapamycin last night… was a slow start this morning… a bit fatigued… now firing on all pistons.

For me… higher than 12 is detrimental. I will be taking the GlycanAge inflammation biomarker test… and TruMe DNA methylation test… in April to see how this dosing plan compares to all previous biological age tests.

Will do the Levine test too… it’s free.

4 Likes

Interesting, great information, good luck with your protocol!

1 Like

How does everyone find their dosage ?

1 Like

Hey Lisa… a bit of trial and error.

Being an early adapter at 3.5 years, there was not as much information available on dosing when I started. Consistently 5-6 mg weekly showed up in articles… and as a safe start.

Some noted researchers like Mikhail Blagosklonny said go high as possible without side effects. But… side effects can be silent pathology. I went as high as 38 mg weekly for 7 months and saw a reduction on gains from my lower dose. Not good.

So now 3.5 years in… 6 to 12 mg weekly seems to be my sweet spot in dosing. Will do biological tests next month and see what is happening. Research seems to show women can get by with a little less rapamycin then men and get equal benefits. Good journey.

2 Likes

Test different levels, do blood testing to track key biomarkers. If you haven’t read these threads, I encourage you to check them out:

1. What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?
  2. What blood tests are people taking?, Any rapamycin specific ones?