Dosage experience and source

I have been taking 4 mg once per week for 3 months and then a month off. It seems to improve my life quality in a number of areas. I read in one topic about getting it from India. We get ours from Mark Cuban’s CostPlus Drug Company and pay $300 for 90, 2 mg pills. This is about 1/2 of what we were paying initially. How does this compare to your source?

1 Like

Sources from India are typically 1.25 USD per mg or less. You can find details about trusted vendors and prices here:

3 Likes

I started with 6mg every Tuesday. On the third week I added grapefruit juice hoping that it will increase the effects. I’ve stopped my metformin and acarbose for now.

Week 1 - I suffered very bad gout for 5 days. I’m not sure if it is caused by it but so far so documents online says it is highly probably.

Week 2 - I increase my daily water consumption and did not get gout. I noticed my blood pressure stabilise around 120/80 than my usual 140/90. Again I thought using rapamycin will increase the risk of high blood pressure but in my case I think it is working on dropping my normally high uric acid level which could have drop my blood pressure. I also noticed my psoriasis is starting to not flare as much.

Week 3 - with the added grapefruit juice, I notice that I’m farting a lot. Is that normal? Any recommendations to deal with it? My left finger with arthritis is no longer painful. My right finger is not annoying me as much.

Week 4 - in 2 days

My question is should I drop by dosage to 2mg with grapefruit juice or not? Or should I maintain 6mg for now? Originally I was going to do 6mg and 14mg on alternating week.

Are those effects too quick? I was not expecting them to work until week 12.

Oh and I bought my rapamycin from India. The box says 2mg Sirolimus.

Thx

2 Likes

I take 2 mg Zydus with one Red Grapefruit Juice (5 fl. ounces) and get a 6’xs increase to 12 ng/mL. Give it 10 days to clear.

So 2 mg rapa with GFJ is what I am doing – now going on 3.5 years of rapamycin with great results.

8 Likes

Your mileage on Grapefruit juice may vary. Studies reported an average of 3X increase, Agetron is getting 6X. You may need to do a sirolimus blood test to find your multiplier. I assume 3X for myself. You can tack on another 0.5X if you take it with a fatty meal and a little extra with Metformin.

I alternate between 4 mg and 3 mg with GFJ + fatty meal (EVOO) weekly for an expected range 11-14 mg weekly. This is kind of high and I will see what happens with my blood markers in March when I get tested next.

7 Likes

I’m farting like crazy so obviously 6mg with GFJ is too much? Next dosage I’ll try 2mg with GFJ and see if the farting continues. I’ll also have a scrambled eggs with plenty of hemp oil and my metformin and acarbose this coming Tuesday.

1 Like

Acarbose is linked to farting like crazy much more so than Rapamycin. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I haven’t taken acarbose since starting rapamycin… Oh dear what will I find out this week.

1 Like

Seems like a good price if you have to pay for it, in the Netherlands the price seems to be around e4.3/mg

I pay 3.4 EUR/mg with my prescription for Pfizer Rapamune. I haven’t used GFJ or any other boosters, Pfizer claims 20-30% more bioavailability of Rapamune comparing to generics. I take this as a consolation. It adds up. I was taking 6-8 mg weekly for 6 months and currently I am taking 1mg/day for 3 weeks and take a week off. If I will ever decide to go back or evidence will suggest weekly dosing is better for longevity I will think about boosting it with an CYP3A4 inhibitor, since Ketoconazole is being phased out as an oral drug I was thinking Ritonavir can stand as a good alternative.

1 Like

Funny, I pay $1.2 AUD for a 2mg pill and I complain it is expensive. It would be cheaper if I get it locally but no GP will dare prescribe it for me.

It is almost impossible to get medications imported into EU, customs are notorious to check everything. I envy anyone who has access to Indian pharmacies. I get prescription, but I have to pay out of pocket. Maybe I will try buying some when I travel somewhere. Just the price difference for one year supply would cover flight to India.

1 Like

I pay $7/mg through GetHealthspan - $333/3 months at 4mg weekly so 48mg. Kind of a ripoff, but legit and was easy to sign up.

I should really get a regular doc to give me an rx but am pretty avoidant of the traditional medical system, just so frustrating for all involved.

3 Likes

I’m farting like crazy so obviously 6mg with GFJ is too much?

Yes could be the higher dosing… farting… diarrhea are both a sign of too much.

6 mg with GFJ could be in a range of 18 ng/mL to 36 mg. You won’t know without doing a Labcorp test 2 hours after dosing.

I think 2 mg and GFJ is a good plan.

1 Like

Pills vs Liquid ? wondering what everyone is using and what people like better

Thanks for this, I will try grapefruit juice with 2 mg weekly. Thanks for all the replies!

2 Likes

2mg pill.

1 Like

I take liquid 8 ml wondering what others think liquid vs pill

Is that 1mg per ml? What does the label say about the concentration?

Im using liquid and the taste is so bad