Oh no, was it Maulik’s insistence to do the shipments that way, or was it your idea? Breaking up shipments like that wouldn’t work for me.
It was his idea. Keep in mind, my order was, as so often in my case, very large: thousands of pills and 6 different drugs - shipping for 5 packages was $150. Btw., it’s not because I’m insane (though maybe that’s debatable😂), but some meds are just super inefficient - for example I am buying imeglimin - if we go by @cl-user recommendation, that’s 3g a day, in other words 3 tablets each 1000mg. If I want just a year’s supply, that’s 1095 pills, and a 3 year supply is 3285 pills! Now add all the other drugs in 600 pills per drug supply and you can see that it’s a small suitcase size order! I don’t blame him for wanting to break up the shipments - I’ve had that done with other vendors in the past. It raises the cost of shipping substantially, but cuts the risk of having a large very expensive shipment seized.
What was more onerous, was he wanted several distinct addresses, different names, phone numbers, someone at each address to sign for the packages etc., so they must be real people at real addresses. I hate to ask people for favors, especially when it sounds shady and risky to be involved in not quite legal stuff - so I had to break down and turn to very close friends where there is full mutual trust. Fortunately I was able to comply and send the additional addresses with full agreement from friends, but I can imagine it being very awkward and a real obstacle.
Unfortunately that’s what the landscape looks like these days. I certainly can’t blame the vendor here (Maulik).
So glad many of y’all are willing to risk thousands of dollars to test this brand new system. Looking forward to hearing the results!
I have actually shifted the majority of my purchases to Cost Plus Drugs (CPD) and will be using them for several meds from now on. I now buy several of my medications through them at prices similar to those in India, without the hassle of customs for my parents. They get the prescriptions from their local doctors, and CPD fills and ships them. It’s really a great way to get medications if you have a doctor willing to give you a prescription. Right now we’re using it for SGLT2Is and Galantamine. But rapamycin, pitavastatin, and a host of others are also available.
CPD is my first choice in online pharmacies now.
Can you clarify how you’re getting rx’s for all of these meds?
For my parents, they are using their PCP who will write them prescriptions. For me, I get a local doctor who will write any prescription I want.
a local doctor who will write any prescription I want.
I sure would like to find a doctor like yours!
Most doctors in Hong Kong are like this.
For the US, are we thinking the October 20 something date applies to packages shipped by then or received by then?
I was told by one of my Indian contact it is shipped on or later than 22. Don’t know if true though.
I imagine the October 22 date applies to packages that arrive at the customs on that date and later. It doesn’t matter when it was shipped - how could it? Shipping times are all over the place, they’re not going to scrutinize packages trying to figure out when it was shipped. It could be shipped two months ago and arrive on a slow boat, doesn’t matter. If it clears customs on October 21, similarly it shouldn’t matter that it doesn’t hit your door until, say, October 26, because it already cleared customs October 21, so a day before the October 22 deadline. At least that’s how I imagine it works. After all what really matters is what’s happening at the customs border control, and therefore the relevant date should be the one on which the package arrives in customs to be cleared/examined.
But does it really matter, ultimately? I’m not sure. There were reports that customs has already been testing the new system before the deadline, so it might transpire that there won’t be any dramatic change come October 22, but who knows. I would guess it’s still better/safer to get stuff before the official rules kick in, October 22, and I’ve been operating under that assumption myself. Just this week I placed a big order and it’s sitting at a post office in India waiting to be accepted (today and tomorrow it’s a holiday in India), so there should be some movement come this Monday and I should get tracking numbers by Tuesday. From then on, it’ll need to clear the Indian system and reach the US customs - hopefully it’ll be before October 22, but we’ll see.
After that, it’s going to get interesting - will the whole “shipping meds from India” system we’ve all been using so far completely collapse? If so, new ways will have to be found. If my latest packages arrive, I’ll be set for awhile, hopefully enough time to observe how the new system works and figure out any workarounds if possible. Right now it’s wait and see time. YMMV.
It has to arrive at customs by then. The Indian seller might be safe shipping on Oct 22, but you’re less likely to be. One seller told me Oct 15 is the final date orders will be accepted.
Hi all, In southern pacific and researched suppliers using this great site. At time of posting I can give a thumbs up to Maulik and Jagdish and a big thumbs down to GP Pharma.
Cost Plus Drugs will be the new way. But you’ll have to find a doc to convince. Some are easier than others. Luckily my parents and I have a good doctor who will prescribe almost anything.
Does anyone have experience ordering from 2 different vendors at the same time?
I’m concerned that having 2-4 separate packages coming from 2 different Indian pharmacies simultaneously could raise more red flags at customs.
It seems as though most people on the forum have ordered from one seller and waited to receive their shipment before placing another order. That I’m sure is the safest option, but with limited time I can’t wait anymore.
I placed an order with Maulik on Wednesday but haven’t received tracking yet. Since he will only ship one package to one address at a time I’m looking to place an order with Laxminarayanint pharmaceutical. I spoke with him today and his prices are very good. During our conversation he said “We are sending all bulk order before 15th only”. So it seems like after that he may be done sending out orders.
I would like to place an order with him today, but wanted to check with everyone here if this is a good idea or not? Don’t know if this will increase my chances of the first shipment from Maulik being detained or the subsequent ones from Laxminarayanint.
Maybe it makes no difference, but if anyone could share their experience it would be much appreciated!
No one really knows the answer, but whether it be two packages from a single vendor or two packages from two different vendors arriving at Customs at the same time I would assume the scanning process could detect that. Whether that would be enough for one or both packages be flagged for inspection is unknown. I would try to avoid that happening, but that’s just my approach.
I’ve almost always used 3-4 vendors at the same time for my orders. But that was in the past two years or so, as I was accumulating a stash to last me 3-5 years in anticipation of trouble ahead especially with this administration. So they were all big orders. I never had a package seized.
But that was then, and this is now. It’s a new reality and different rules apply. I’m not sure what happened in the past is indicative of what might happen these days. As always, you’re taking a chance. From following the experiences of people on this site, I conclude that it’s all pretty random, though some insist smaller packages are less likely to be seized. But then again I’ve had every package reach me, including pretty big ones. YMMV.
I have just heard from Jagdish.
He has mailed my package and sent the tracking number. So it appears he’s back in business.
For anyone who is ordering from Maulik, what method are you using for payment? I’ve used Wise before with Jagdish. Is that the easiest with Maulik as well?
Just an update - He sent me a tracking number today - so fingers crossed.