Jagdish is a very reliable, but very by the book fellow. For example, he wouldn’t ship the branded version of dapagliflozin, because that’s against Indian law, instead he was happy to send a generic - as I wanted the branded version (for my cat), I ordered it from a different Indian vendor.
If he continues the by the book practice wrt. needing a prescription, there will be a percentage of his customers who can’t/won’t be able to get a prescription. That means he will lose that part of his customers. In that scenario, I will be someone who will no longer order from Jagdish as it’s a hurdle I don’ want to deal with. I don’t know how large this customer number is, but FWIW, I have ordered literally thousands of $ worth of meds from him, and am - I think - a pretty big and regular customer. But who knows? Maybe he actually doesn’t make that much from his overseas customers and it’s a rounding error to him, in which case, no biggie for either side.
Always keep in mind: nothing is forever. I have bought from many vendors, and many I had to stop buying from for various reasons. Jagdish I bought from the longest - but this may be the end of the road. Sometimes your mutual needs just don’t coincide and you part ways. A very - until now - reliable vendor I was using has not responded to my email asking about his current status of shipping to the USA, and he has not responded in several days. I am debating whether to contact him again - ordinarily such radio silence is a “goodbye” from me, we’re done. But I really liked this vendor and maybe somehow he missed my email or was on vacation or whatnot, so I’m considering one more attempt. But my bottom line is that vendors are good until they’re not and it’s on to the next one. Of course, we live in very special times right now, things are up in the air due to the horrendous actions of our government, so I may just elect to sit back and let everything sort itself out one way or another. We may need to adjust or find new ways of getting our medications, but the fight continues - I for one am not just going to sit under a tree and croak. YMMV.
Aviora Exim–someone here mentioned them–was the best communicator of the people I’ve been corresponding with in the last few days. Also he is continuing to offer a 50% reship guarantee, while others are understandably no longer making any guarantees. So I placed what order I could with him and plan to place small orders with Maulik and Laxminarayan as well in early October.
I’ll have to cancel a Black Friday purchase that I’ve been waiting a year to make, but I’m really not well-situated for even a short break in the supply chain. I’m so grateful for the people here and the weekly forum updates for keeping me in the loop about this danger.
And I am obviously concerned that the break in the supply chain only be short. I’m not like most people here chasing longevity (though I’d love to be focusing on optimizing health!) but, rather, need a lot of medications for chronic disability purposes. Insurers now cover fewer and fewer meds, and I don’t have access to the specialists who might prescribe others. So India had suddenly become a lifeline for me, and I’d been plotting how I might build a proper stock over the next two years (alas).
plus their WhatsApp I posted earlier. Never asked him for a name but he’s very reliable and very nice also (as noted above by someone else also) and in products I was interested in he was very competitive/same as his competition. That should be good enough for you/anyone interested in buying meds. I know you prefer email but never asked him for one.
if someone gets an email for Aviora please share. I am also thinking of ordering through Maulik, as I see others mentioned here that he is still shipping.
Is this going to affect what is going through TSA/airports? Fortunately I’m a world traveler, often in third world countries in Asia/Latin America and Africa…
We’ll assume this date comes and goes and as a previous poster said the suppliers just become more stealthier in deliverance
The rule applies to any FDA-regulated mail shipment from any country, including smaller medication pipelines from India, the United Kingdom, Australia and Turkey. It doesn’t change regulations around Americans who buy medication in person while traveling.
Also I wonder if we’re going to see more longevity Drs be able to step up in their own capacity and prescribe some of this stuff
Before getting my drugs from India I had an appointment with Dr Bradley Rosen, a Dr who if I remember correctly was willing to prescribe some of which my primary Dr would never (though not the complete India list I now use)
Of course it’s additional costs going through them
Its not just what they charge but the CONTROL they have over what meds you take. I was working with one of these docs years ago, and there was resistance and a back and forth hassle with staff before I could get my med changed from Rybelsus to Jardiance. Thanks to this forum I found the freedom to order my own meds and that ended it for me. Also, many of them will charge for a package of services which I don’t need. I buy my own lab tests and know all of the lifestyle factors I need to adhere to. I want to control my own healthcare journey, not pay yet another Dr for more control. Shocking to me though how much demand there seems to be for these “concierge” docs.
Maulik has been working with many people here for years. I’ve worked with him for over a year. By every indication I have, he’s a stand up guy.
I realize others have already told you that, so I’m really here to remind everyone of a helpful tip… video yourself opening your package and counting its contents. As could happen with anyone, I was missing something in my last order. I shared the video with him and he immediately refunded me.
I actually put off ordering until I got a tripod for my phone lol. Now I feel foolish for procrastinating for so long. Finally placed an order with Maulik late Friday. First time using crypto and it was very smooth. Waiting for tracking. To date all of my past orders were received in under a week. Yet, my anxiety disorder is amped up